[EU] Champions League 2007/2008 (120 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Il Divin Codino ¤
Apr 25, 2007
i know because i (and many others i know) have written to the TV channels for years to start broadcastin' Serie A matches... and each time they responded to me they don't value Italian teams highly enough...

reasons i gave them includes possibilities that Italy will win the World Cup (which they did just last year) and that Italian clubs will be a force in European competitions (Milan winnin' in 2003 & 2007)...

and just yesterday i received their latest reply which said they now think that Italian teams have reached a level they feel will attract more audiences in my country & my requests were answered...

Buy on AliExpress.com

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
The funny thing is that 99.9% of those who want an Italian team to win CL and think that it will make wonders for Juve if an Italian team wins the CL, would give their right hand for Inter not to win the CL.

If there is a Milan-Chelsea final most of you will come here again with your arguments how it will be very good for Calcio, for the reputation of serie A and for Juve if Milan wins but you won't say a word of this if the final is Inter-Chelsea.
Actually, then you'll come here saying how it's not good for Juve if Inter wins the CL.

P.S: And yes, Inter are an Italian team so answers like "But Inter aren't Italian" won't do.
That is a bit weird,but hey.Id rather have Inter win the CL rather than an EPL team.So maybe i do want the general good of Serie A::santa:

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
I'd rather to shoot my leg than seeing Inter winning CL... you have gone so far Salman.
Id rather shoot myself,then beg God to give me another life,and then shoot myself again than see an EPL team win the CL,especially Liverpool and Manchester United.Chelsea and Arsenal id probably be able to live with a couple of hours before i shoot myself in my 3rd life.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
A discussion about Italian clubs in the CL cannot go on without the 'Better for Juventus or Bad for Juventus' argument can it?Now im just counting the seconds like someone gives us a brilliant and ever exciting doze of 'Milan will win it for JUVENTUS!YEAH!' sarcasm.
but it will be good for juve :cheesy: :melayyanandmessi:

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
What is wrong with another Porto-Monaco final:p
well by your logic, if milan wins, italy boosted for euro 08 (although players will be more tired cause the final will be played late may or something).

Italian club winning CL has nothing to do with azzurri success, last time i checked barca and arsenal where in the final in 2006. And we know what happened in germany.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
You're right, we're much better off with Liverpool, because erm... yeah, is really beneficial to us and all, because... right, no reason.

In fact, we would be much better off if no Italian teams ever won the CL, because then we'd go and win it and we'd be the only ones. Of course, then noone would consider our domestic league worth anything with no teams that can compete for the CL.

Being the strongest man on the island isn't worth much if none of the other men can lift so much as a pebble.
Good post, Martin. I made that same point a while ago, but I don't think some people really understand it.

Good draw except for the fact one of Inter or Liverpool will be in the quarters.

:tdown:

Dec 26, 2004
well by your logic, if milan wins, italy boosted for euro 08 (although players will be more tired cause the final will be played late may or something).

Italian club winning CL has nothing to do with azzurri success, last time i checked barca and arsenal where in the final in 2006. And we know what happened in germany.
Next time I make a sarcasm comment I'm going to put it this way:

[SARCASM]
[/SARCASM]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 120)