[EU] Champions League 2007/2008 (67 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
may i correct you?after romping milan and scoring 8 goals juve are awarded a last minute penalty....which gigi buffon dispatches with aplomb:rofl:
:eyebrows:
I like it

But i'd also like the baboon to get a red card in 90th minute so after the match Galliani can say " Gattuso's red card wasn't deserved. It's hard to play football when the referee was against us. That wasn't a red card and his start wasn't for penalty"

And then they'll put this last minute red card and penalty on their official site, among the ref mistakes against Milan. Something like "At 8:0 the referee gave an unfair red card to Gattuso and gave Juve a dubious penalty"

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
:eyebrows:
I like it

But i'd also like the baboon to get a red card in 90th minute so after the match Galliani can say " Gattuso's red card wasn't deserved. It's hard to play football when the referee was against us. That wasn't a red card and his start wasn't for penalty"

And then they'll put this last minute red card and penalty on their official site, among the ref mistakes against Milan. Something like "At 8:0 the referee gave an unfair red card to Gattuso and gave Juve a dubious penalty"
:tup: sounds about right

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Its your opinion. Granted he hasn't gotten the victories everyone think he should, but he has done very well with the players and cash he has had. I still don't get his rotation system. If he was at Chelsea, Madrid or Barca it would make more sense, but not for Pool.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
What's up with all those ownages in CL lately? (7-1, 7-0, 8-0)
IMO, too much dilution of the tournament with the wider net of teams being allowed in -- even allowed to qualify.

There's no legitimate reason we should see scorelines that lopsided more than once a year, let alone every other week. At least when you're dealing with the likes of San Marino in UEFA qualification, they have a national excuse of why they should be there for an ass-beating.

How can any tournament bill itself as "the Champions League" and tolerate the succession of these ridiculous scorelines?

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
IMO, too much dilution of the tournament with the wider net of teams being allowed in -- even allowed to qualify.

There's no legitimate reason we should see scorelines that lopsided more than once a year, let alone every other week. At least when you're dealing with the likes of San Marino in UEFA qualification, they have a national excuse of why they should be there for an ass-beating.

How can any tournament bill itself as "the Champions League" and tolerate the succession of these ridiculous scorelines?
On the same page, we've had Rosenborg and the same Besiktas team that got trashed winning over bigger teams.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I'm not sure what's worse. The diluted talent pool in the Champions League or the continued insistence upon ESPN USA to only cover the same 5 teams throughout every stage.

Porto-Marseilles would have been a sweet match to watch. But naturally we could only get 'Pool-Bestikas and Oly-Real Madrid. :yuck:

I guess that makes the talent pool seem less offensive...

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Its your opinion. Granted he hasn't gotten the victories everyone think he should, but he has done very well with the players and cash he has had. I still don't get his rotation system. If he was at Chelsea, Madrid or Barca it would make more sense, but not for Pool.
That's why I don't think he's a good coach. His rotation system is killing his own team. Fernando Torres for example should have played a lot more prior to his injury so that he would get to know his team mates a bit better.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Liverpool 8 - 0 Final

Goals: Crouch 2, Gerrard 1, Yossi 3, Babel 2

CL record for win margin. We still have to win twice more. I think Yossi and Veronin will be playing more, not to mention Crouch. Hell even Kewell looked good tonight, as well as Babel. But most of all I really enjoyed Mascherano's play, he kept the midfield going forward all game and allowed Gerrard to do what he does best. It was good to finally see Lucas play.
You bastards broke our record. :groan:

Can we have it back? :D Seriously though, it was a great performance from Pool, but you gotta admit Besiktas was very weak, utterly terrible performance from them. 2nd time this season in Champ. League an English team beats their opponents by a huge margin (Arsenal vs Slavia 7-0) That Benayoun guy was amazing. Does he play regularly? Isn´t he the best Israeli player?

One more question for you: What do you think of Lucas Pezzini Leiva?

P.S. I´d kill for Mascherano in Juventus. You guys have one of the best defensive midfielders in the world. He is a real gem. :pint:

fuck/vaffanculo liverpool
Easy there, son.

Good prediction, bro. ;)

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
That's why I don't think he's a good coach. His rotation system is killing his own team. Fernando Torres for example should have played a lot more prior to his injury so that he would get to know his team mates a bit better.
We'll see how it goes. He tends to rotate less in the second half of the season.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
You bastards broke our record. :groan:

Can we have it back? :D Seriously though, it was a great performance from Pool, but you gotta admit Besiktas was very weak, utterly terrible performance from them. 2nd time this season in Champ. League an English team beats their opponents by a huge margin (Arsenal vs Slavia 7-0) That Benayoun guy was amazing. Does he play regularly? Isn´t he the best Israeli player?

One more question for you: What do you think of Lucas Pezzini Leiva?

P.S. I´d kill for Mascherano in Juventus. You guys have one of the best defensive midfielders in the world. He is a real gem. :pint:
Benayoun will play more that Pennant is out for a few months. I honestly expected more from the Turks. I like Lucas a lot. He has a great vision and good speed through the midfield. Hopefully we can develop him into a brazilian Gerrard.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003

Good prediction, bro. ;)
agreed..he is makelele's natural heir..i'd go as far as saying he is the best holding midfielder in the world now..he protects the back 4 better than anyone else..What a bargain Liverpool got.And to think Pardew rated Hayden Mullins higher:disagree: :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 67)