[EU] Champions League 2007/2008 (115 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #884
    I heard he has a long term plan to spread Zionism all over the world.

Lucky Luke

Jul 23, 2007
    ßömßäяdîëя;1468461 said:
    You could have just quoted the post, but I'm glad you took the time to bold it too.

:D

@ Jack: :lol2:
    i wanted to bold just one sentence but then i noticed the whole importance of your post and so i full bolded it...

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
    Milan dispute Dida ban

Milan will launch an appeal against UEFA’s decision to hand goalkeeper Nelson Dida a two-match ban.

The Disciplinary Committee took a hard line on Dida’s overreaction to being lightly struck by a fan during the Champions League clash with Celtic.

The Brazilian shot-stopper is set to miss the Rossoneri’s two matches against Ukrainian giants Shakhtar Donetsk.

“It’s an absurdly exaggerated ban so we will be making an appeal,” confirmed the Diavolo’s lawyer Leandro Cantamessa.

“It seems a very disproportionate sentence which puts Dida as the main offender and that goes against logic.”

The appeal will have to be heard quickly as the European champions host Donetsk in just under a fortnight.

Meanwhile, Milan’s custodian will have to foot a heavy fine while the spectre of a very costly ban looms large.

channel 4

Milan: Dida ban "illogical"

AC Milan have described UEFA's decision to hand Celtic a small fine but ban goalkeeper Dida for two Champions League matches as a "disproportionate and illogical" response to last week's Parkhead drama.

Celtic must cough up £12,500 now, with the same sum suspended for two years, after a 27-year-old home supporter ran on to the pitch and gave Dida a cheeky tap following Scott McDonald's winning goal in the 2-1 victory over Milan on October 3.

UEFA's control and disciplinary body found Celtic guilty of charges of "lack of organisation" and "improper conduct of supporters", and the financial penalty was described by Hoops chief executive Peter Lawwell as "proportionate to the incidence in question and a fair outcome".

Celtic could have received a far greater punishment and will not appeal, however Milan have confirmed they will mount a challenge to UEFA's independent control and disciplinary body verdict.

Dida's reaction to being approached by the fan was found to have breached UEFA's "principles of loyalty, integrity and sportsmanship".

AC Milan lawyer Leandro Cantamessa said: "The impact of the sentence is disproportionate and illogical.

"I have no issue with Celtic but I am only trying to establish a sense of proportion - one is the event, the other is only the effect of the event."

Dida, 34, who writhed around in feigned agony in the goalmouth when he was barely tapped by the Celtic supporter, received no sympathy from the 10-man disciplinary body.

Cantamessa said: "In this decision, logic and balance are lacking. There is the technical (possibility) of a second level of justice - we can get witnesses, develop arguments. We will see."

Celtic chief executive Peter Lawwell was pleased with the outcome, and said: "As a club we feel this penalty is proportionate to the incident in question and a fair outcome."

Unless Milan win their appeal, or unless UEFA themselves contest the independent disciplinary body's decision, as they can, Dida will miss the Italian club's Champions League games against Shakhtar Donetsk.

Celtic acted swiftly to punish the 27-year-old supporter, who turned himself in to police and has since admitted a breach of the peace in court and will be sentenced next month. He has been banned by Celtic for life from the club's matches, home and away.

Peter Rafferty, president of the Affiliation of Celtic Supporters Clubs, admitted the Scottish club had received a favourable result.

Rafferty said: "I am delighted. As far as Celtic football club and the fans are concerned it's a fantastic decision.

"There are always some rumours when these committees get together and one strong one was that the fine could be heavy and another was there could be the closure of the ground.

"That would have been a disaster for the club and the fans.

"But the decision was as good as we could have expected.

"As far as Dida is concerned, UEFA must see that as justice being done and that is a problem for AC Milan."

eurosport

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    Outrageous. A downright ridiculous ban. And to make matters even more biased Celtic get away with a fine? This is pure racism. I've had enough with organisations such as UEFA and FIFA taking different measures on different countries. The Scottish are automatically deemed sportsmanlike because they simply are Scottish and Italians will always be considered cheaters.

If Frisk gets hit with a coin from some fan who apparently could throw the thing very well, Roma have to play without a crowd. But if some guy gets ON THE PITCH and hits a goalie (even though Dida's reaction was a disgrace as well), Celtic get away with a fine?

Disgusting.

Jun 26, 2007
    He rather touched than hit him and Dida's dive was very, very lame. So I think Dida's punishment is fair. But Celtic's punishment is indeed is way too light. Someone being able to just get on the pitch is always unacceptable. IMO they should play without a crowd for the next home game.

Red

-------
    Nov 26, 2006
    Outrageous. A downright ridiculous ban. And to make matters even more biased Celtic get away with a fine? This is pure racism. I've had enough with organisations such as UEFA and FIFA taking different measures on different countries. The Scottish are automatically deemed sportsmanlike because they simply are Scottish and Italians will always be considered cheaters.

If Frisk gets hit with a coin from some fan who apparently could throw the thing very well, Roma have to play without a crowd. But if some guy gets ON THE PITCH and hits a goalie (even though Dida's reaction was a disgrace as well), Celtic get away with a fine?

Disgusting.
    :tup:

I think Celtic got off lightly because of Dida's reaction. If he had gone down straight away Celtic would have been fucked, but the way he reacted took attention away from Celtic.

Bozi

The Bozman
    Administrator
    Oct 18, 2005

Disgusting.
    while i disagree with this punishment, i am sorry to say that you are talking out of your arse again andries. roma have repeatedly offended, crowd disturbances, etc.. before frisk got hit by the LIGHTER (each as bad as the other but facts my man) and trust me if celtic did not have such an impeccible record in european competition then they would habve been hammered.

remember Inter?damn they had about 6 chances before the flare incident,there was repeated crowd troubles with minimal fines. it was only after dida got hit with a flare that they decided a stadium ban was required.

i hate celtic and rangers with a vengance and their domestic bile ruins our game, however you cannot argue that in europe they have a much cleaner record than teams from italy,england and france.

the fine was lenient i agree but stop playing the victim card

JuveAdam

Moggi santo..subito
    Sep 12, 2006
    hate celtic and rangers with a vengance and their domestic bile ruins our game, however you cannot argue that in europe they have a much cleaner record than teams from italy,england and france.

:agree: spot on Bozman!

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    while i disagree with this punishment, i am sorry to say that you are talking out of your arse again andries. roma have repeatedly offended, crowd disturbances, etc.. before frisk got hit by the LIGHTER (each as bad as the other but facts my man) and trust me if celtic did not have such an impeccible record in european competition then they would habve been hammered.

remember Inter?damn they had about 6 chances before the flare incident,there was repeated crowd troubles with minimal fines. it was only after dida got hit with a flare that they decided a stadium ban was required.

i hate celtic and rangers with a vengance and their domestic bile ruins our game, however you cannot argue that in europe they have a much cleaner record than teams from italy,england and france.

The problem is I'm not playing the victim card. I don't need to defend Roma and Milan. I don't even like them.

Bozi

The Bozman
    Administrator
    Oct 18, 2005
    fair enough but that was how it came across, as i said i hate the old firm but their record in europe has been excellent (apart from rangers sectarian singing at ossasuna) so the punishment is in keeping with UEFA's idiotic process of lenient fines which do nothing to really discourage the clubs.

a healthy fine and threat of stadium ban after one offense would be better as it would force clubs to take self-policing and a higher standard of stewarding much more seriously

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004

Disgusting.
    Racism? :howler:

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
    Dida: I Will Not Go Before UEFA

Milan goalkeeper Nelson Dida has refused to testify before UEFA over the incident at Celtic that saw him receive a two-match ban.

Yesterday Milan confirmed that they would appeal against what they saw as an unjust suspension.

“It’s an absurdly exaggerated ban so we will be making an appeal,” confirmed the Rossoneri’s lawyer Leandro Cantamessa.

“It seems a very disproportionate sentence which puts Dida as the main offender and that goes against logic.”

Today the Corriere dello Sport has reported that the Brazilian shot-stopper has no intention of presenting himself before UEFA to give evidence.

“I will not go to UEFA,” read the headline of the Rome-based newspaper.

If Milan are to launch an appeal they will have to act swiftly as their next Champions League match against Shakhtar Donetsk is on October 24.

Australian number two Zeljko Kalac is set to deputise in both that match and the return game in the Ukraine a fortnight later. Dida is set to return to European duty in the November 28 clash with Benfica in Portugal.

The Rossoneri are currently joint-second in Group D with one win and a defeat from their two games.

Deschamps: Dida’s Behaviour Was 'Ridiculous’

Former Juventus player and Coach Didier Deschamps has blasted Milan goalkeeper Nelson Dida for his antics against Celtic last week, while he also reveals his ambition to boss the French national team one day.

Deschamps was a key midfielder for the Bianconeri during their glory days under Marcello Lippi, winning three Scudetti, one Champions League, one Intercontinental Cup, and one Coppa Italia.

However his time on the bench was not so rosy and despite leading the club to the Serie B title last season, he left Turin in pre-season after a number of top-players questioned his credentials.

Deschamps is currently out of football but still harbours hope of a return to management.

“Would I return to Italy? For now, no,” said Deschamps. “However I know the championship, I speak the language, but I am not fixed on coming to Italy.

“I must admit that one day I want to become the Coach of France. I believe that for any coach, to guide your national team is the highest you can go.

“As for the Milan incident, the first guilty party was the fan and he has already been punished with his life ban.

“As for Dida, it is not nice what he did. His behaviour was ridiculous. I do not know what passed through his head to do such a thing.”

goal.com

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    Yes. Blatant in fact. When something happens in Italy, people say "well, yeah, that's Italy.. you know, the mafia". When something happens in Scotland no one really cares. They call it charming.

Like I said, I don't need to defend Milan or Roma, but it's strange that Milan are, in a way, punished more than Celtic.

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002

Disgusting.
    I suspect that uefa are perhaps righting a wrong against Celtic from way back...

Celtic/Scottish teams aren't automaticaly given a yellow card when something like this happens...

When Celtic played Rapid Vienna around fifteen years or so ago, a Rapid player collpased to the ground claiming he had been hit by a bottle thrown from the stands...Celtic won the game 3-1 and moved to the next round.

Celtic were made to play the game again in England, and lost...

Later turned out video showed that a bottle had indeed landed on the pitch, but not when he had went down or where he was standing...uefa had already made their decision based on the refs report and couldn't consider video evidence then anyway...Celtic perhaps getting a little grace this time...Rapid player never admitted he hadn't been hit, but after seeing video said that perhaps it was a coin or lighter instead...perhaps

Apr 12, 2004
    Yes. Blatant in fact. When something happens in Italy, people say "well, yeah, that's Italy.. you know, the mafia". When something happens in Scotland no one really cares. They call it charming.

Like I said, I don't need to defend Milan or Roma, but it's strange that Milan are, in a way, punished more than Celtic.
    Dude, you are worse than Socrates.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 115)