[EU] Champions League 2007/2008 (116 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Hold the corruption lectures

Police raid three football clubs

Police have raided three football clubs as part of an investigation into alleged corruption.
Newcastle United, Portsmouth and Rangers are the three clubs involved in Monday's raids.

Police insisted the operation was "not informed or influenced" by Lord Stevens's ongoing Quest inquiry into the Premiership.

But sources close to the Quest team told the BBC they had passed on information about 17 player transfers.

It is believed that information related to three clubs - Newcastle, Portsmouth and Middlesbrough.

Police revealed search warrants were executed on premises at Newcastle, Portsmouth and Rangers, and two homes, between 0730 and 0900 BST on Monday.

A City of London Police spokesman said: "We can confirm that search warrants were served at three football clubs and the homes of two individuals in connection with corruption in football and its impact on owners and shareholders."

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
lol@ the sheepshagger that story died a death a long time , of course we were relegated over it ha ha ha
No you weren't because the SFA are a bunch of spineless tossers. The exact same reason you still get away with spouting your sectarian bile at football matches.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
you know like celtic are mostly irish protestant and stuff and rangers are mainly catholic, what are aberdeen?
You got Rangers and Celtic the wrong way round.

Aberdeen take the moral high ground and despise any football based on religion.

juve_step

Jul 5, 2006
I`ve sailed the wild atlantic
Cross the north pacific shore
I`ve sailed around the storney caves
And heard the fartys roar
I`ve flyed the idian ocean
I`ve sailed the china sea
But there`s a sea back home in scotland
More than all the rest to me

Its the blue blue blue sea of Ibrox
Its the greatest sight that I have ever seen
And its part of every rangers players dream

No more I`ll sail the seaven seas
No more a labour droan
No more I`ll fell the the urge again
And back where I belong
At three a`clock each saturday
I`ll join the mighty droan
With flags and banners all around
I`ll proudly sing this song

No more I`ll sail the seaven seas
No more a labour droan
No more I`ll fell the the urge again
And back where I belong
At three a`clock each saturday
I`ll join the mighty droan
With flags and banners all around
I`ll proudly sing this song

juve_step

Jul 5, 2006
AN Aberdeen football club supporter yesterday denied she spat at Fernando Ricksen, the Rangers captain, during the clubs’ match last weekend.

But another Aberdeen fan was fined £300 after he admitted spitting at opposing fans during the same match.

Sara Norrie, 28, and Martin Lawrence were arrested after trouble flared during the fixture at Pittodrie on Sunday.

Ricksen was spat at and hit with missiles by Aberdeen fans when he tried to take a corner.

Norrie and 17-year-old Lawrence both spent the bank holiday in cells before appearing separately at Aberdeen Sheriff Court yesterday.

Norrie, a lifelong Aberdeen supporter from Fraserburgh’s Rowan Grove, pleaded not guilty to spitting on Ricksen.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Hold the corruption lectures

Police raid three football clubs

Police have raided three football clubs as part of an investigation into alleged corruption.
Newcastle United, Portsmouth and Rangers are the three clubs involved in Monday's raids.

Police insisted the operation was "not informed or influenced" by Lord Stevens's ongoing Quest inquiry into the Premiership.

But sources close to the Quest team told the BBC they had passed on information about 17 player transfers.

It is believed that information related to three clubs - Newcastle, Portsmouth and Middlesbrough.

Police revealed search warrants were executed on premises at Newcastle, Portsmouth and Rangers, and two homes, between 0730 and 0900 BST on Monday.

A City of London Police spokesman said: "We can confirm that search warrants were served at three football clubs and the homes of two individuals in connection with corruption in football and its impact on owners and shareholders."
when you the article says "raided" do they literally mean kick down the door, throw the warrant in their face and slam you to the ground while 50 or so agents rush in and start tearing through their 'books', etc...??

it sounds pretty serious enough when any government or even local government agencies bust in your operation IMO.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Ricksen is, was, and always will be a cunt of the highest order.

SFA consider Ricksen comments

Rangers defender Fernando Ricksen and Aberdeen boss Ebbe Skovdahl could be disciplined over comments made following the league match between the clubs on Sunday.
It will be February before any punishment is meted out to either man, however.

Ricksen, who launched an horrendous challenge on Aberdeen's Darren Young, admitted that "someone had to straighten him out".

Skovdahl was critical of the performance of the handling of the match by the referee and his assistants.

The incident involving Ricksen and Young was missed by referee Mike McCurry and his assistants while Aberdeen felt they should have had two penalties.

Ebbe Skovdahl was angered by the officials' performances

Ricksen was caught by the television cameras lunging at Young, catching him at the top of the thigh.

"I thought he made a really strange tackle on Michael Mols, so when I saw him coming up to me I just jumped up to protect myself," Ricksen wrote on his personal website.

"He was kicking around a lot in the match and someone had to straighten him out."

Scottish Football Association spokesman Andy Mitchell confirmed that they monitored such remarks and and disciplinary action could follow.

He said: "Players could be sanctioned by the SFA for making comments which are deemed as bringing the game into disrepute."

juve_step

Jul 5, 2006
THIS is the twisted Aberdeen football thug who heaps shame on all
Scotland's real fans.
Casuals ringleader William Watson threw a bottle at riot police and
other brawling fans in a pub after violence exploded when they
travelled to England hell-bent on causing trouble.
Watson was one of 48 men arrested when cops swooped on a London pub
after a West Ham-Spurs league match last month.
The Scottish Daily Mirror can reveal that Watson, 32, who admitted
threatening behaviour at Thames Magistrates Court in London yesterday,
has a history of being involved in football violence.
He was warned, along with a Spurs fan, that they face jail when they
are sentenced later this month.
Watson, of Ferryhill, Aberdeen, was part of a group of 80 Dons casuals
who travelled to London for a confrontation with Rangers fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 116)