Eto'o (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
He has scored 15 league goals despite he has been out injured for months, and was in ANC. Its not a terrible season by any standards, except for his. He has been off form for quite a bit, but still has been clinical when he got back from the long injury. When he got back from injury and Messi was still gone, he had no one to play with and Barca was a mess.

Eto'O can be bad attitude wise (even if he plays with alot of heart). But when he is fit and healthy, he is the best striker in the game. And besides Messi, is the last player Barca would sell ability wise.
I know how many goals he scored but to be honest with you, he has scored his 14 goals mostly spreaded like this: 3 goals in one game, then nothing, then again 3 goals. He was pretty incosistent. I surely exagerrated when I said he had a terrible season but comapred to his standards (like you said) he didn't have the best one even though as you also said that may be so because of generally poor team form. Anyway I completely agree with you that Eto'o is a brilliant striker and whichever team gets him will be lucky.

Here are Eto'o stats for this season. Enjoy.

http://www.fcbarcelona.com/web/english/futbol/temporada_07-08/estadistiques/jugadors/Etoo/fitxa.html

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
:lol:

If you think so highly of the creative midfield that backs Trezeguet up,then you've definatley won the argument.
How many matches have you seen this season? All we do is cross the ball into Trezeguet, haphazardly. It's obvious you hate Eto'o or Barca for some reason or just aren't knowledgeable about the La Liga. As many here have said, he's a great player. You must be just too biased.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
How many matches have you seen this season? All we do is cross the ball into Trezeguet, haphazardly. It's obvious you hate Eto'o or Barca for some reason or just aren't knowledgeable about the La Liga. As many here have said, he's a great player. You must be just too biased.
Which only shows us how brilliant a finisher he is,which is something that we both agree on.

Would Eto score regularly off that kind of service?

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
That just burst by ear drums.

That is what ive been saying all along..For the 1283102873012983012831th time,im talking about Eto's finishing abilities..and that alone.

What part of my nick looks like Badass Devil Andy?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
That just burst by ear drums.

That is what ive been saying all along..For the 1283102873012983012831th time,im talking about Eto's finishing abilities..and that alone.

What part of my nick looks like Badass Devil Andy?
Again, you originally stated Eto'o is overrated. That's why you're looking foolish.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Everyone has their weird quirks and weaknesses, lets all agree the Kryptonite to Salmans brain is Samuel Eto'o and call it a day :D

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
That Kryptonite is C.Ronaldo:D

And Andy,im sorry.Next time ill explain everything i say in detail,every puncataion mark,and every word..so it isnt taken the wrong way.I must say,its very hard to tell from a single post when a person is talking about finishing or the overall game.You can talk about the chances he squanders,the creative midfielder that gives him those chances..but its very hard to tell if the topic in question is the overall game,or the finishing.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Your entire first post was written as to demean Eto'o. Even people with a lack of English skills could give us a better argument, Salman. No offense. I just think you're taking the easy way out.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
Did i talk about Eto's dribbling skills in that post?Did i talk about the manner in which there are other aspects to his game?Did i talk about his passing or anything?No i didnot.Because i wasnt talking about all of that.I only spoke about his goal scoring,and yes,that i did slam.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
It doesn't matter. if you don't demonstrate why Eto'o is overrated, you'll get shot down like an American chopper in Afghanistan. And that's what happened really. You didn't provide us any evidence at all besides strike rate, which doesn't encapsulate the entire essence of a forward.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
I said that his godamn finishing is overated.And now you'll go back to where i said that he's an overated player,whereas ive already said that the choice of that one word was wrong.I should have used 'overated finisher' instead of 'overated player.

vimo

Apr 1, 2006
I can't understand why some people are really arguing about him. I mean it's completely nonsense for him joining us. First of all, i believe he's happy at barca (not quite sure but i think remembering an interview where he said it), then he has wages way beyond our possibilities. Then, does someone really want to get rid of trez? Come on... he's capocanonniere, he's a juventino, he's fine for another 2 or 3 years (or even more). It's complete, ABSOLUTELY UNBELIEVABLE, bullshit made up by some bore journalist who didn't know what to write about.

PS @ andy; your avatar made me smile a little. What do you want to say? "We're #1" or "were #1" as in 'we were #1' :) no offense, just saying...

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Well you have to agree Eto is better at getting chances and it`s not just because that he is at Barca it`s because of his movement and also his ability to create chances

so you can look at this this way and that way

1) 4 chances for Eto 2 of them scored with potential to 4 in some good days
2) 2 chances for Trez 2 of them scored with no more potential since he already taken out his oppurtunities

therefore as you can see they score quite the same altough Trez is undoubtly the better finisher!
AND in a good day Eto scores more since he could score the ones he could miss

Altough it`s Barcelona you also should give credit for his teamwork determination his movement and his ability to create for himself!

and that explains his goal ratio

our Juve could look like this and have Trez score and convert his chances
or we can look more lively get more chances since Eto has some great movement and can create for himself... and also score maybe even more than Trez but in lower percentage of making the most of his chances

so what would you prefer us getting 10 chances and score 5
OR
you prefer us getting 3 and score 2
(I agree I exegerated a bit)
the buttom line that you see is the stats and not percentages
and that means Eto could score more while defenitely make our team look better

by the way can you give me this year stats of Trez (apperances, goals and assists)?

May 14, 2008
Seems that Barcelona are tracking with great interest the negotiation between Juventus and Palermo for Amauri, ready to make offer for David Trezeguet. In case or not of Amauri arrival, it is difficult that the italian club let him go away, even if would be insert in the trade Eto'o. There is however to consider the will of Trezeguet, that seems not to want leave Torino ,so what do you think about this, if amauri arrival fail , can eto'o help juventus next season ????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)