Erling Braut Håland - Striker - Red Bull Salzburg (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I get amusing yourselves with light hearted trolling, but you guys seriously against buying him? For a cheap release clause?

I've only watched videos but I'm skeptical about this guy. Not sure he would cut it in Italy with his style of play
What style of play? He is a big powerful nr 9 with decent technique and great finishing, create chance for him and he puts it in the net with brutal proficiency and plays in very mature way. That's how his young career been so far, no fuss, just extreme efficiency.

Sceptical about abstract things seen in video. But somehow scoring 8 goals in 6 CL games in a tough group as 19 year old is easy to forget? :D (No one that young has come close to that since Shevchenko in Dinamo Kiev).

Let me give you a simple stat, he has 28 games played so far since summer, and he has scored 41 goals (9 of them was in one game LOL, youth U-20 world cup, set a FIFA record for amount of goals in a game). Is that worth your skepticism?

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
I get amusing yourselves with light hearted trolling, but you guys seriously against buying him? For a cheap release clause?

What style of play? He is a big powerful nr 9 with decent technique and great finishing, create chance for him and he puts it in the net with brutal proficiency and plays in very mature way. That's how his young career been so far, no fuss, just extreme efficiency.

Sceptical about abstract things seen in video. But somehow scoring 8 goals in 6 CL games in a tough group as 19 year old is easy to forget? :D (No one that young has come close to that since Shevchenko in Dinamo Kiev).

Let me give you a simple stat, he has 28 games played so far since summer, and he has scored 41 goals (9 of them was in one game LOL, youth U-20 world cup, set a FIFA record for amount of goals in a game). Is that worth your skepticism?
Like I said I've only seen videos, and yes he has a lot of impressive goals, but I see a lot of head down running with ball which is what reminds me of Krasic. Not sure that part of his game will work in Italy. If he can play simply as a classic CF, fine maybe that will work.

I'm aware of his stats which are insane, but he won't be the first young striker to destroy it at a lower club and fail to make the step up.

I'm not opposed to signing him though

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
He is a clinical and imposing CF, box striker, so no not usable in midfield.
That's why i'm not interested, no matter how good he is at what he does. I'm over poachers who can't create for themselves, especially knowing the state of our midfield and how desperate we are for some creativity in the final third.

Also to trigger Osman.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Man U is the prem team in question, nuff said, and money talks? He has a release clause it seems so no worries, and we are a money talks team salary wise, we offer premium overpaid salaries to bench players lol.

Money doesnt worry me at all for getting him, only thing that does is if he wants to choose a club where he is a guranteed starter from the get go.
Fair point, I think utd is a solid contender, reasons as follows:

1) Scandanavians love the lure of prem
2) Solskjaer and Haaland know each other from Molda
3) Union changing their heavy spending policy to focusing more on buying 'promising players' an example is james wood.
4) More chance to start

That said we have the Ronaldo factor, the kid probably idolises him, we lured De Ligt - most wanted CB in years from big clubs and we also have a better relationship with Raiola. Im thinking we got this.

- - - Updated - - -

Wait, Raiola, is his agent? Oh its on, its definetly on then.
Exactly , he's no Pjaca either. Pjaca played a great game against spain in some tournament and was rocking it at some croation league. This guy on the other hand is playing for a bigger club, rocked the u20 world cup by winning golden boot and is having a great season, Still raw, but poses bigger potential. 30m is worth it .

My only criticism is that he comes from the biggest club in a league where they have scored goals for fun, the style of football they play only makes him look better, his domestic record is hard to judge but he's on form. His CL form is the only reason why anyones interested, 8 goals, against top opposition, not bad.

Last edited:

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
That's why i'm not interested, no matter how good he is at what he does. I'm over poachers who can't create for themselves, especially knowing the state of our midfield and how desperate we are for some creativity in the final third.

Also to trigger Osman.
He's only 19, he can make huge leaps in quality in every aspect of the game. If us and Dortmund are interested in him I have no doubt about his potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)