Eriksson rejects Juve talk (1 Viewer)

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
Sven Goran Eriksson has brushed off reports linking him with a move to Juventus.

The Swede's future has been the subject of intense speculation ever since it was revealed he would be stepping down as England manager after this summer's World Cup finals.

Reports emanating from Italy claim Eriksson could take charge at Juve if Fabio Capello leaves Turin to return to Real Madrid.

Eriksson is highly-regarded in Italy after his success at Lazio and there are a number of clubs thought to be keen on securing his services when he leaves England.

The England chief insists he has not spoken to any interested clubs and that he will not let the speculation distract him as he prepares for the World Cup finals in Germany.

"I know nothing about my future and anyway now it's not important," Eriksson told Corriere dello Sport.

"We are in March, I'm working for England and I want to give everything to do good things in Germany. Now this counts only.

"Juve? These are things I've read in the papers, but I know absolutely nothing.

"Now I'm the England coach and I've not spoken with anyone."

Turning his attentions to the World Cup, Eriksson believes England stand a good chance of doing well in Germany.

"We've played well in friendlies and we have not had many injuries," added Eriksson.

"In June, we believe to be at the top you have to hit the ground running. We have really good players and I'm absolutely satisfied by my midfield - there we have class and technical players.

"My dream is winning World Cup with England."

Eriksson knows his side face competition for the World Cup with Brazil the biggest obstacle in England's way

"Brazil are the favourite number one, but also Italy, Argentina, Germany, France and England have possibilities," concluded Eriksson.

Source: Skysports

Buy on AliExpress.com
Sep 28, 2002
i dont care about the nationality, juve are international anyway.

actually eriksson has a good record before joining england, not that hios record with england was bad.

if you want an utility coach he'd do fine i guess..

the only thing that bothers me: zlatan - swede, eriksson - swede.. :scared:

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
Making the transition from NT to club coaching is always a problem, regardless of whether you've had any prior experience or not.

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
Never Sven Göran Eriksson as Juve-coach. If so... I would go and sleep for a couple of season :D

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
if Eriksson came, he would bench Del Piero permanently and just play Zlatan even if he was injured :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)