Eriksson link with Juve (1 Viewer)

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/angloangle.html

Juventus offered Sven Goran Eriksson a new £14m deal for four years as England boss to head off a £25m summer bid. According to the Daily Express the Serie A giants targeted the former Lazio manager to take over if Marcello Lippi leaves for the Italian national team job next season. Eriksson claims he would prefer Juventus above other interested clubs like Inter and Lazio.

Thats like 21 mil €, or 5.25 mil € per season!!! Are they focking insane???

Anyways, I'd rather have somebody like Deschamps, Mancini, or Del Neri take over from Lippi.

Buy on AliExpress.com

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Wtf for?!?!?!
Just offer Lippi that money instead. :D
He'll certainly stay on.
And neway what mnakes it even less believable is the fact that Juve is not the kidn of team who would offer a coach four years upfront. 2 at the most.

Ivy

Jul 16, 2003
I think that Lippi is a better coach for Juve. He has a better understanding for what this club needs.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
never thought much of Sven 'the fake tanned' Eriksson!

i'd rather Deschamps before him....

and seriously, i'd rather we paid our players with that sort of money.

Ivy

Jul 16, 2003
You mean Zoff as our next coach? That would be :cool: + :thumb: but still........ i's ratherLippi just stay with us.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
fake tan?

And yes, it'd be good to have Deschamps back as a manager :)
yes Gray, fake tanned! i remember his days at lazio when it was winter and he would come out with these tans over night....i hate him with a passion!

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
I might be wrong on this and only time will tell but I do not really see Lippi succeeding as Nt manager at all

Lets face it his record in Cl finals is diabolical and there is no Nt tournament in which the team with the most points wins so I just feel he is tailor made for Juve and vice versa

Besides his dealing with large egos has never been his strongest point so I do not really see him as Nt manager

Eriksson, em thanks but no thanks

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++
I dunno, I think Lippi would leave us after this season and who knows he might coach the Italian NT? Zoff would be very nice... :touched:
Zoff? No thanks he already coached us for two seasons in the earlt 90s but that was mor than enough ;)

Aug 1, 2003
oh he did? didnt know that (sorry but I would be only around 1-3 yrs old when he did :D )

i like your point when it comes to the big egos point, denco. it reminds me of lippi and inter.. something he said bout inter players have too big of an ego to deal with?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)