EPL Bullshit (8 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by chxta ] ++
Yeah... so be it.

I am getting sick of these guys that ae refusing to see reason.
Same here. People will do anything to defend their leagues. I think it takes a good fooball fan to acknowledge their league's weaknessess and take everything in stride.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Excuse me , the 3 of you , are u actually trying to test your football knowledge with mine. If so please, bring it.
No I do not agree with your assessment of what a world class player is or is not and thats because i do not give a rat's ass where that player is from.

I am not defending the Epl, I asm not saying its the best, I am telling it like it is whether you like it or not its totally irrelevant to me.

Not one post have i read from the 3 of you actually gets me thinking maybe I am wrong about the Epl

So what if there are 1000 world class players in the world that is the way it, we are not not talking about all time greats ,we are talking about world class players ie would they get into almost every team in world football as its today and I am telling you that those players can.

I never said Heinz was world clas yet, i said he is getting there.

Only an idiot will tell you the standard of defending in the Epl is great but are you telling me that is how a league is judged by how well you defend?

It takes many elements to make up a good league and the Epl is a good league, so is serieA and so is La liga

Which is the best, depends on what you are looking for in football and it is different to others

I am not right if i say SerieA is the best as my bro is not right when he prefers the premiership, its up to the individual to decide which satisfies his needs

First you imply there are no world class players in the premiership , then you mention some that in your eyes are.

You say Lampard is world class but say Gerard is overrated, is it becos Lampard plays for Chelsea where he is aided and abetted by world class talents while Gerard has to almost single handedly carry Liverpool week in week out.

I know a good player when i see one and Gerrard is a great talent as he can do everything as a midfielder while Lampard cannot defend and accoss the midfield he can only play 1 role and thats is an attacking midfielder.

If the premiership is so poor, tell me when you talk about the best teams in Europe how many teams will finish above Chelsea, Arsenal and Manchester United?

All this talk talk and talk without actually substantiating your points without talking about how many teams have won the Cl and all that nonsense
Bayern and Dortmund have won the Cl in recent times, does it mean that the German league is very strong or that the fact that Ajax have won the Cl. does this mean that the ervidise is better than the Epl pr the Portuguese league is so strong?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
Excuse me , the 3 of you , are u actually trying to test your football knowledge with mine. If so please, bring it.
Nice to see your modest, who would have thought.....

Of course we are testing each other's knowledge, thats why we are here arguing about this subject, aren't we? And if you are so knowledgable about the sport I hope to see you writing for World Soccer one day. You surely are more knowledgable than Paul Gardner, the journalist who actually wrote that Owen is a better forward than Raul. There you go buddy, your place is waiting in the media. ;)

Not one post have i read from the 3 of you actually gets me thinking maybe I am wrong about the Epl
Same goes to you. I guess its all our own opinions.

Only an idiot will tell you the standard of defending in the Epl is great but are you telling me that is how a league is judged by how well you defend?
Thats the thing, too many idiots say that the standard of defending in the EPL is just as good as Italy. That to me is sorry statement. You should see how people on Xtratime build up the EPL. :rolleyes:

First you imply there are no world class players in the premiership , then you mention some that in your eyes are.
Don't worry denco, it was only a rhetorical question. I wanted to see what your answer was, and I found that you inflate the term world class. But of course, that does not matter.

If the premiership is so poor, tell me when you talk about the best teams in Europe how many teams will finish above Chelsea, Arsenal and Manchester United?
Well, if I am understanding what you are trying to say, I would suspect PSV Eindhoven and Panathinaikos are on par with Arsenal, considering those sides drew each other in the Group Stage. So throw Arsenal out because their results are not that of a top side in Europe. How can you expect that Arsenal will waltz past Bayern if they cannot get the job done against Pana? Chelsea and Man United are in the top ten clubs in Europe, and the Blues are right up there with Milan and Barca. I would say the top clubs in Europe at the moment are Milan, Chelsea, Juventus, Barca, Man United, Lyon, and believe it or not, Internazionale.

All this talk talk and talk without actually substantiating your points without talking about how many teams have won the Cl and all that nonsense
Bayern and Dortmund have won the Cl in recent times, does it mean that the German league is very strong or that the fact that Ajax have won the Cl. does this mean that the ervidise is better than the Epl pr the Portuguese league is so strong?
No, however I do believe that there is a correlation between success in Europe and the league a team plays in, although there are exceptions obviously. Some leagues do not prepare teams well for Europe, because of different tactics, but of course you will say that tactics are "nonsense."

But yeah, its all down to people's opinions. I have a love for defensively and tactically adept football, and also the free-flowing creativiness seen at Camp Nou.

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
Well said Andy, I couldn't have said it better myself.

Well actually, I think that you are better at the argument thingy than I am. Are you a lawyer?

Sorry I can't make Anfield Denco, have pressing issues to attend to here in Naija.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Well said Andy, I couldn't have said it better myself.

Well actually, I think that you are better at the argument thingy than I am. Are you a lawyer?

Sorry I can't make Anfield Denco, have pressing issues to attend to here in Naija.
Thanks for the compliment man, I appreciate it. I'm in college so I have lots of free time. However, I am not lawyer........yet. :D

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
You hope to be one?

I can give you a lot of cases to work. Especially as regards internet fraud! :D
I am not sure on my career path yet. Its either going to be meteorology, International business, or Law, probably.

Internet fraud? Jeez, I have some studying to do then. :D

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Sergio ] ++
Christ, get a room you two. :D

Oh, and I like the EPL.
I thought you were brainwashed by the millions here who say there are only two soccer leagues, MLS and EPL. Pathetic. :D

What is your favorite English side Serge?

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I don't have a favorite English side.

But there are players in the EPL whom I like, such as Henry, and Ronaldo, and now that Morientes has signed with Liverpool.

As a matter of fact, the only team that I truly support besides Juve is Fiorentina.

I just like their style of play. Granted, its not as defensive oriented as Serie A, but its still very refreshing to watch sometimes.

Fast Break Football, I call it.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Ledly King is one of the most overrated defenders in the world. Once again I watch Tottenham and once again the goals are because of mistakes by that worthless "stopper" King. The only thing that King is stopping is other clubs from buying him. What a joke.

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
If there's any team I'd have supported in England, it was Chelsea, but as a man of principle, since Abramovich took over...

But let's not take it away from Roman, his millions have percolated round the football world bringing in a relieveing effect to the system that was getting broke.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)