Enough with the 4-4-2, give me the damn 4-1-2-1-2 back!!! (1 Viewer)

Edge

Jun 14, 2004
Forget about the formation, I just think players over 30 in the Juve squad, half of them should go, of course I want Alex and Canna to stay, but we need youth and energy, otherwise doesn't matter what formation we play, we will still struggle against a young team like Arsenal.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
PhRoZeN said:
3 defensive midfielders? what the. Viera aint got no legs, neither has emerson and gerard may just end up getting lonely. This is insane. way too defensive wont work if you ask me.

Vieira isn't a flop as you may think....He started the season good and I expect him to do that again next year. Emerson is actually one of the most inform players we're having. about gerard he'll not be left alone as jis job wont be Defend, he's pretty good in attacking, passes, crosses, shooting...thats what I actually think we need him. Having him and Del Piero in the team is pretty adorable.

Emmet

Apr 5, 2006
We need to reduce the average age in our squad, at the minute its 29, try getting it down to 25/26 would be nice.

Who mentioned C. Ronaldo for us? god no.

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
If we have all of Cristiano Ronaldo, Ibrahimovic and Trezeguet on the team we will end the season with 0 assists - a bit too much selfishness there.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Azzurri7 said:
Vieira isn't a flop as you may think....He started the season good and I expect him to do that again next year. Emerson is actually one of the most inform players we're having. about gerard he'll not be left alone as jis job wont be Defend, he's pretty good in attacking, passes, crosses, shooting...thats what I actually think we need him. Having him and Del Piero in the team is pretty adorable.
Lets face it both viera and emerson aint got the legs. Although that may not be entirely true for the former it however does make you wonder if he really does have passion for playing in the club. Viera was at his best when he was at arsenal no doubt, as for the early part of the season, yes viera shined but he only shined in serie A and TBH no matter who we put in the DM Im more than sure they can do an equal job of it. As for gerard, he aint coming its virtually impossible he wont leave his beloved club ( the club who he would die for) for Juve infact he wont leave england for Italy at all he hates serie A infact his even talked about it once in an interview. He says its not for him so I dont see how we can lure him and even if we do he certainly wont be the same. As for the 3 defensive midfielders, trust me it wont work in europe we will be humiliated once again. What may work is having players who can do both. So yes if we 3 Midfielders than 3DM. What I mean by that? well its simple I would regard pirlo, edmilson, xavi as the sort, they can defend and also help to push there teams forward. I cant really regard emerson as the best of passes never mind relying him on long balls which he clearly showed against arsenal at how poor he really is. I remember having a similar conversation regarding this with intro in the Juve- Arsenal thread and we both kind of agreed that to the minimum 5 players are required with attacking potential if we really are to do well in europe. I know liverpool won the CL based on there accounts of playing the worst football but lets face it they had clinical finishers from midfield (luis garcia) and wingers in the form of kewel also not forgetting gerard who was inspirational. To say gerard will be as insprational for us is certainly wishful thinking.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
gerrard wont leave liverpool and now henry wont leave arsenal i guess as benetiz is building a team aroung gerrard and wenger is building a team around henry so it will be very hard to get gerrard out.

how is edmilson a skillfull midfielder who could create as well? i have to disagree with u on that

i think we need a new forward,winger and a decent defender, and a proper CM, who could as phrozen said create and defend

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I see Altair is the big Capello apologist once again...I wish he would just admit for one second that Capello has fucked our side over with his nonexistent and inane rotation policy. Perhaps we would have offered a better fight in these matches if we did not play the same players in each and every match this season? Defend Capello all you want, but please be advised that his tactics and rotation policy were the main reasons for our downfall against Werder Bremen and Arsenal.

And don't give me any of this crap about players not performing in their respective positions...its not Mutu's fault he is being played completely out of position and will always remain behind Zlatan in the pecking order...its not Trezeguet's fault that he cannot do his job because nobody ever gives him a decent through ball or cross anymore...its not Camoranesi's fault he has been unfairly treated by Capello and thus takes it out on the pitch on the opposition...and its not anybodys fault besides Capello for how exactly we take the pitch and with what attitude is behind the formation. Believe it or not, the manager is supposed to be the one who gets the players fired up for the matches if the players cannot do it themselves and set the course of action before them.

We needed to score 3 goals at the Delle Alpi on Wednesday...we took the pitch as if we were winning 2-0 on aggregate and were satisfied with playing slow and with nothing more than long balls to our forwards. Then after the match the manager tells the media he was happy with our performance like our players did everything they were supposed to...as if our players played exactly how Capello instructed them.

If you don't see what is terribly wrong with this picture then something must be wrong with you. If Capello was happy with the way we played, which consisted of nothing more than slow play and the usual long balls to our forwards, then he is clearly at fault this failure because these sort of tactics are a complete joke. Then throw in the lack of squad rotation and you have fruitful evidence Capello is at fault and indeed an idiot.

The problem with the straight 4-4-2 is clear as day when you watch Juventus because we have nobody who can occupy the space directly behind our strikers because our two damn defensive midfielders lay further back and reside too deep. Not to mention the lack of real wingers and slow pace of play which does nothing to break open opposition defenses. If you play the 4-4-2 you need pacey wingers and a quicker pace of play because if you play slowly your motions become too repetitive. Thats what happened to us and all these decent European teams we face eat up those long balls like they are absolutely nothing. But we continue to play them, and that is partly why we are out of Europe. Thank you Capello.

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #50
    Andy said:
    I see Altair is the big Capello apologist once again...I wish he would just admit for one second that Capello has fucked our side over with his nonexistent and inane rotation policy. Perhaps we would have offered a better fight in these matches if we did not play the same players in each and every match this season? Defend Capello all you want, but please be advised that his tactics and rotation policy were the main reasons for our downfall against Werder Bremen and Arsenal.

And don't give me any of this crap about players not performing in their respective positions...its not Mutu's fault he is being played completely out of position and will always remain behind Zlatan in the pecking order...its not Trezeguet's fault that he cannot do his job because nobody ever gives him a decent through ball or cross anymore...its not Camoranesi's fault he has been unfairly treated by Capello and thus takes it out on the pitch on the opposition...and its not anybodys fault besides Capello for how exactly we take the pitch and with what attitude is behind the formation. Believe it or not, the manager is supposed to be the one who gets the players fired up for the matches if the players cannot do it themselves and set the course of action before them.

We needed to score 3 goals at the Delle Alpi on Wednesday...we took the pitch as if we were winning 2-0 on aggregate and were satisfied with playing slow and with nothing more than long balls to our forwards. Then after the match the manager tells the media he was happy with our performance like our players did everything they were supposed to...as if our players played exactly how Capello instructed them.

If you don't see what is terribly wrong with this picture then something must be wrong with you. If Capello was happy with the way we played, which consisted of nothing more than slow play and the usual long balls to our forwards, then he is clearly at fault this failure because these sort of tactics are a complete joke. Then throw in the lack of squad rotation and you have fruitful evidence Capello is at fault and indeed an idiot.

The problem with the straight 4-4-2 is clear as day when you watch Juventus because we have nobody who can occupy the space directly behind our strikers because our two damn defensive midfielders lay further back and reside too deep. Not to mention the lack of real wingers and slow pace of play which does nothing to break open opposition defenses. If you play the 4-4-2 you need pacey wingers and a quicker pace of play because if you play slowly your motions become too repetitive. Thats what happened to us and all these decent European teams we face eat up those long balls like they are absolutely nothing. But we continue to play them, and that is partly why we are out of Europe. Thank you Capello.
    Well said Andy. :tup:

We see eye to eye on this one. Couldn't have said it better myself. Damn French school. :D

Espectro

The Grimreaper
    Jul 12, 2002
    Originally Posted by Andy

I see Altair is the big Capello apologist once again...I wish he would just admit for one second that Capello has ------ our side over with his nonexistent and inane rotation policy. Perhaps we would have offered a better fight in these matches if we did not play the same players in each and every match this season? Defend Capello all you want, but please be advised that his tactics and rotation policy were the main reasons for our downfall against Werder Bremen and Arsenal.

Now this is a great post!!

+ rep to you sir

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
    May 7, 2004
    Ok so now obviously cap has fucked us royally in europe, but it really is a bit harsh to absolutely hate him, seeing as he brought you the scudetto twice in a row. Milan didn't do that.

Jan 7, 2004
    Andy said:

i dont understand capello either, we all saw how the 4-3-3 killed real last year.

good post, too bad you couldnt refrain from insulting altair personally.

Edge

Jun 14, 2004
    If we had Totti, then I'm sure it will not be 4-4-2 we will be playing, but we don't, I don't think Nedved or Mutu can play in the hole, so I can't complain about the formation, only the ages of our players and the fact Capello doesn't rest any of them, no wonder they are so legless at this stage of the season.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
    Andy said:

Andy, do you have address of the Juve headquarters? That post is possibly the best explained current situation of juve i have read this week.

Juno

Escape Artist
    Apr 23, 2005
    Andy said:

+rep to ya :agree: great post

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)