Enough with the 4-4-2, give me the damn 4-1-2-1-2 back!!! (1 Viewer)

Jul 28, 2002
Fight Club said:
we need to quit the 2 defensive midfielder formation. playing in serie a against less skilled teams is the only reason why it works, coz we can outmuscle them in the middle.
our frontmen are far better players than the opponentdefenders and can individually be decesive for the outcome, but playing against equal opponents or in europe we come short.
we simply lack ideas offensively, we miss that extra gear that milan has. tell you the truth, i watched the milan-lyon game and i sat there in the last quater of the game and was confident they would turn things their way, thinking it would be nice if we had the same ability.
but without del piero things don't look that good. a lot of players do great like buffon, canna and trez...but 3 players that will truely fight for this club till the end are del piero, neddy and zamo. the rest simply doesn't come through enough.
don't know if it because of tactics or what but players like zebina, vieira, camo and zlatan often play without spirit, will and their heart the wrong place.

don't know why we absolutely have to play long balls up to zlatan when we face an english team?? as if the gunners don't practice that week after week in the premiership against bottomplaced teams and therefor master it. it is too predictable, and by playing 2 defensive midfielders we miss out offensive approaches, especially when we play vieira and emo. they are each good players but 2 of them together slows our game, lacking pace and being dynamic.

i know we all talked about which players we'd like to come, but i truely think we need to change our formation.
sen this post somewhere b4

Buy on AliExpress.com

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
Either way, we are going to and continue to play two defensive midfielders, which is a good thing. Only in FM and the Premier League can you survive with playing three attacking midfielders, in other competitions it's just suicide. That doesn't mean you can't have a midfielder with some passing and creativity though. Pirlo, Xabi Alonso, David Pizarro...all play in defensive midfield but give extra options to the attack as well.

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #24
    Mr. Gol said:
    Mark, 4-1-2-1-2 is more commonly known as a diamond 4-4-2 (because the 4 are all midfielders). And as a transfer guru you should know that there is no way in hell we are going to sign both Riquelme AND Gerrard.
    ???
    I said that in my 1st post. It was just to show how we should play the 4-1-2-1-2

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    Mark....I love the formation the only thing I can't handle is to see Ibra again next year. This would be a nightmare of the year.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    --------------Buffon--------------------
    Oddo-Thuram-Cannavaro-Zambrotta
    -------------Emerson-----------------
    --------Gerrard-Vieira---------------
    ------------Del Piero----------------
    --------Trezeguet-Mutu-----------

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    Or

------------Riquelme----------------
    --------Trezeguet-Del Piero-----------

OR.......

------------Buffon-------------------
    Oddo--Chivu--Canna--Zambrotta
    -----------Emerson-----------
    C.Ronaldo----------Maresca
    ------------Mutu-----------
    --------Trez----Dp

OP

Mark

The Informer
    Administrator
    Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #29
    I think Maresca will never happen.
    We agree though that Oddo is the man for the right side. :tup:
    How muck you wanna bet he goes to Milan? Wouldn't be the 1st time this happens.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    mark77 said:
    I think Maresca will never happen.
    We agree though that Oddo is the man for the right side. :tup:
    How muck you wanna bet he goes to Milan? Wouldn't be the 1st time this happens.

Oddo is really the player I always wanted.....since 2002.....That said that I'll be very disapointed If we'll let him go.....

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
    Mar 29, 2006
    Azzurri7 said:
    ------------Del Piero----------------
    --------Trezeguet-Mutu-----------
    3 defensive midfielders? what the. Viera aint got no legs, neither has emerson and gerard may just end up getting lonely. This is insane. way too defensive wont work if you ask me.

Larry

Apr 17, 2005
    ---------------Buffon--------------

-------Barzagli - Cannavaro-----
    Zambrotta--------------Chiellini-

-------------Emerson-------------

Marchionni ------------ Nedved-

---------Del Piero (AMF)---------

Trezeguet ------ Zlatan---------

The problem is that these players aren't getting any younger, so we should start to look for younger replacements who could play in the more meaningless matches and that way gain experience.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
    Mar 29, 2006
    Mr. Gol said:
    Either way, we are going to and continue to play two defensive midfielders, which is a good thing. Only in FM and the Premier League can you survive with playing three attacking midfielders, in other competitions it's just suicide. That doesn't mean you can't have a midfielder with some passing and creativity though. Pirlo, Xabi Alonso, David Pizarro...all play in defensive midfield but give extra options to the attack as well.
    :agree: With the right players its possible, personally I dont think you can call them defensive midfielders, they dont deserve that recognition but simply just midfielders as the can do an all rounder.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
    Mar 29, 2006
    Larry said:

The problem is that these players aren't getting any younger, so we should start to look for younger replacements who could play in the more meaningless matches and that way gain experience.
    :agree: hell yeah to youth, but somehow I see that not happening. Note that your line up doesnt really have that many youths.. should be leading by example ;)

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
    May 7, 2004
    Larry said:

Replace DP with Blasi and I think you've got it.

Larry

Apr 17, 2005
    PhRoZeN said:
    :agree: hell yeah to youth, but somehow I see that not happening. Note that your line up doesnt really have that many youths.. should be leading by example ;)
    Well this should be the startup next year for the bigger games like the UCL, but when playing against the likes of Messina or Werder Bremen :)P ) then you can place the younger players, like Palladino and so on...

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
    Mar 29, 2006
    Larry said:
    Well this should be the startup next year for the bigger games like the UCL, but when playing against the likes of Messina or Werder Bremen :)P ) then you can place the younger players, like Palladino and so on...
    Nice.. BTW where is viera? Given up hope on him already?

Larry

Apr 17, 2005
    PhRoZeN said:
    Nice.. BTW where is viera? Given up hope on him already?
    Well if the bloke does well in the WC maybe he'll fit in to my formation, but if his determination and mentality to play like in the Arsenal game stays the same then no chance.

Vieira is like Roy Keane, has an ability to increase the teams strength or totally loose it

Il Re

-- 10 --
    Jan 13, 2005
    Sir Sebastian said:
    Replace DP with Blasi and I think you've got it.
    u are happy with buffon in the team after his performance yesterday and last tuesday responsable for us loosing to arsenal? bring back chimenti :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)