England scare Zamb (1 Viewer)

River

Jun 15, 2004
ITALY defender Gianluigi Zambrotta admits that he is scared of facing England.

The left back feels Sven Goran Eriksson's boys are still one of the tournament favourites despite losing 2-1 to France on Sunday.

Zambrotta also hopes Italy do not have to face David Beckham and co this summer. He said "England have really good players who do not give up and i always prefer to avoid them"

----------------------------------------------------

Ok so its typical english tabloidism, but still... ;)

Buy on AliExpress.com

Dr-Juve

Mar 11, 2004
dont worry zamb if ur team qualified to the second round , which i doubt , all what u need is 3 minutes to score 2 or 3 goals in england

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
++ [ originally posted by kurvengeflüster ] ++
hehe Zamby should think about Sweden ... and Italy in second round? ... well I've my doubts :undecide:
yeah!

i am more afraid about sweden because i don't see us beating them!! :groan:

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
With Owen up front, Gerrard making stupid passes, and the possiblity of Heskey coming on as a sub, England doesn't scare me at all.

OP
River

River

Jun 15, 2004
  • Thread Starter #8
    Gerrard making stupid passes? :clueless: Gerrard is a fantastic midfielder as well as frank lampard and both are willing to work their asses of. Can a lazy Perrota compete with that?

And dont count out Owen so fast but besides its Wayne Rooney you want to worry about, not owen ;)

And the reason Heskey is in the national team or any team for that matter is beyond me :D

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by River ] ++
    Gerrard making stupid passes? :clueless: Gerrard is a fantastic midfielder as well as frank lampard and both are willing to work their asses of. Can a lazy Perrota compete with that?

And dont count out Owen so fast but besides its Wayne Rooney you want to worry about, not owen ;)

And the reason Heskey is in the national team or any team for that matter is beyond me :D
    At least Perrotta wouldn't make a stupid back pass right to the opposing team. :D But Gerrard has never really impressed me.

And if the only attacking player we have to worry about is under the age of 18, that says something about the quality of the other players in the team.

And yeah, you're right about Heskey.

OP
    River

River

Jun 15, 2004
  • Thread Starter #10
    ++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

At least Perrotta wouldn't make a stupid back pass right to the opposing team. :D But Gerrard has never really impressed me.

And if the only attacking player we have to worry about is under the age of 18, that says something about the quality of the other players in the team.

And yeah, you're right about Heskey.
    So your rating him on one game? Have a look at how hes performed for Liverpool this past few seasons and even his previous England games and you'll understand why you have to watch out for him ;)

Wayne Rooney is easily the best english forward right now. Age isnt important and he besides hes 19 ;). He was completely fearless against France, he has an amazing upper body strength that any older player would dream of. Im sure you'll be eating your words before the end of this tournament :D

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004

So your rating him on one game? Have a look at how hes performed for Liverpool this past few seasons and even his previous England games and you'll understand why you have to watch out for him ;)

Wayne Rooney is easily the best english forward right now. Age isnt important and he besides hes 19 ;). He was completely fearless against France, he has an amazing upper body strength that any older player would dream of. Im sure you'll be eating your words before the end of this tournament :D
    I don't think so hun. :D Rooney might have had a good game, but once the tournament progresses, things will just get tougher for him. And with Wayne's lack of experiance, he might not be able to adjust to certain situations. Also, he has a terrible attitude towards opposing players, and that WILL come back to haunt him one of these days.

BTW, Rooney was born in October, 1985. He's still 18. ;)

About Gerrard, I have watched him many times the past two seasons, mostly with Liverpool. The only plus for Steve that I've seen is he has a good shot from long distance. But his tackling in midfield is dodgy, his decision making is sketchy, and his attitude is also nothing be to be happy about. Therefore, I don't rate Gerrard that highly.

But yes, Lampard is a great player. He is much better than Gerrard. I have always been impressed with Frank's displays.

OP
    River

River

Jun 15, 2004
  • Thread Starter #12

I don't think so hun. :D Rooney might have had a good game, but once the tournament progresses, things will just get tougher for him. And with Wayne's lack of experiance, he might not be able to adjust to certain situations. Also, he has a terrible attitude towards opposing players, and that WILL come back to haunt him one of these days.
    They also said that about Owens first international tournament. They also said that about his premiership season ;) And of course it will, how wont the tournament get tougher for. But with Rooney he seems to thrive on this pressure and really isnt afriad of anyone and has the potential to make any defenders job a nightmare.
    His attitude is dodgy i admit, hes lashed out a few times already, but cant take that out of him without losing his bite :) And Sven has supposidly warned him about it so hopefully he will keep it under control. And im sure he dosent forget Beckhams kick against Simone.

BTW, Rooney was born in October, 1985. He's still 18. ;)
    Opps

But wait didnt you say under 18 ;)
    About Gerrard, I have watched him many times the past two seasons, mostly with Liverpool. The only plus for Steve that I've seen is he has a good shot from long distance. But his tackling in midfield is dodgy, his decision making is sketchy, and his attitude is also nothing be to be happy about. Therefore, I don't rate Gerrard that highly.
    You dont like his tackling? Hes a fantastic defensive player and his made so many crucial tackles. Attitude again isnt great but does any English man have a good attitude? I havent met him :D
    But yes, Lampard is a great player. He is much better than Gerrard. I have always been impressed with Frank's displays.
    Agreed. He has had an amazing season.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004

They also said that about Owens first international tournament. They also said that about his premiership season ;) And of course it will, how wont the tournament get tougher for. But with Rooney he seems to thrive on this pressure and really isnt afriad of anyone and has the potential to make any defenders job a nightmare.
    His attitude is dodgy i admit, hes lashed out a few times already, but cant take that out of him without losing his bite :) And Sven has supposidly warned him about it so hopefully he will keep it under control. And im sure he dosent forget Beckhams kick against Simone.
    Well his lack of respect might get him in trouble. I see yellow and red in his future. :D

Opps

But wait didnt you say under 18 ;)
    Ahhh yeah, I meant 18 and under. :D

You dont like his tackling? Hes a fantastic defensive player and his made so many crucial tackles. Attitude again isnt great but does any English man have a good attitude? I havent met him :D
    But I think he makes more stupid/dirty tackles than crucial ones. Again, I've watched him many times and I've not been impressed. Except for that lucky 35 yarder against somebody this year. :D

And you're right about that last statement.

Agreed. He has had an amazing season.
    Who would beg to differ? :D

OP
    River

River

Jun 15, 2004
  • Thread Starter #16
    Perhaps read what we are talking about?

And for the record im not the unrealistic England fan like so many. Im fully aware that semi-finals is at most what this England squad is capable of. But should Italy draw England. You would be extremely foolish to underrate England.

OP
    River

River

Jun 15, 2004
  • Thread Starter #18

Well his lack of respect might get him in trouble. I see yellow and red in his future. :D
    Yeah but why speculate? :D

Oh and the last was to Freddy.

Jan 7, 2004

true. i dont see perrota causing penalties

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)