England lost from denmark 4-1 (2 Viewers)

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
all speak about that England NT is overrated.I don't know,they have many excellent players.I'm in doubt if there's a team that has a better midfield than them.they also has one of the best defenders,Terry,who is one of my favorite players.but it seems they lack of something to win a trophy.
I think Mikhail should come and close this thread as well.that was a friendly match afterall.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
Anyone watch this in full? I only caught the goals, which seemed to stem from defending the likes of which I haven't seen since my five a side team took on a clown college.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
I'm surprised they didnt concede 10 goals with their keepers.

Seriously, it's amazing how litlle goalkeeping talent they have. Any between Cudicini, Roma, De Scantis, Peruzzi, maybe even Abbiati could walk into the English NT, while they arent even on the bench for Italy.

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
We're never going to have the depth of goalkeeping talent of the Italians but Paul Robinson is more than enough for me. Reliable, athletic and pretty young. We're sorted for a few years yet.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Tom ] ++
We're never going to have the depth of goalkeeping talent of the Italians but Paul Robinson is more than enough for me. Reliable, athletic and pretty young. We're sorted for a few years yet.
He had a good season last year. I didn't really rate him up to that (he'd received a bit more press than he really justified), but he seems to be maturing well. I can't understand why James is still playing ahead of him.

s0ftcore

Jul 13, 2002
James is shit. How he is even selected amazes me. England used to have a reliable backup for Seaman in Nigel Martyn but.. he's too old now haha

If Robinson gets injured, I wonder who will replace him. If Cudicini chose to play for England I'm sure he would be the first choice (if he gets more first team football)

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by s0ftcore ] ++
James is shit. How he is even selected amazes me. England used to have a reliable backup for Seaman in Nigel Martyn but.. he's too old now haha

If Robinson gets injured, I wonder who will replace him. If Cudicini chose to play for England I'm sure he would be the first choice (if he gets more first team football)
Correct me if Im wrong but, Cuducini can't play for Englad, he has alredy play for Italy NT.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by king Ale ] ++
yes.he's played with Italy jersey once in a freindly match AFAIK.
Friendlies don't count for that. He could still switch. I doubt he would though, and I can't see an Italian who's not getting his game would be selected, regardless of how dire the other options are in England. Given the crap Sven got when he was selected as the first non-English (or non-British at any rate - I'm not sure) manager, I imagine a non-English player would be taken to signify the coming of the Apocolypse.

Oct 28, 2004
i think england inst that good their best team is arsenal and they have all frenchies. they are overrated because england has won one wc and they have no good players ecept beckham. beckham is better then their whole team

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
++ [ originally posted by ilscuro ] ++
The sooner England get rid of sven the better:(
More like the sooner they get rid of this high gravity dude the better!
Why do people waste there time!?!?:down:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)