[ENG] Premiership 2012/2013 (178 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Still they'll never catch Madrid and Barcelona. What's the future looking like for Bundesliga?
Well you may be right one one thing though ,these benefits for EPL teams is going to make Real-Barca push for an even bigger TV deal although in the process ,La Liga as a whole would've lost its meaning(Its not like it already hasnt).A lot of other clubs right now are crippled with debts and there are rumors of some clubs like Deportivo for example ,a historic club going into administration,Their position(of such clubs) is going to get weaker and weaker in the coming years,it really is a sad state of affairs there.

Bundesliga is going to be there and thereabouts for the moment since many teams(bar Bayern) are producing top talents courtesy their well refined youth systems.Bayern on the other hand are getting stronger financially and once they pay off their stadium debt they would be easily able to compete with any EPL team.This is the benefits you get of having a substantial fanbase all over the country ,it will enable you to be in a strong position financially ,atleast domestically.And i'm sure Juve are looking to follow the Bayern model as it is.

A club like Dortmund for example are at the moment are generating profits since the last 2 seasons but the question that remains is till how long they keep it up and they dont even have a decent international fanbase which would've hugely helped their cause.Put it this way ,Bundesliga is at a strong position right now but seeing how football is money-centered nowadays and the direction its taking ,they might as well bow down to the strength of money unless some strong laws from UEFA/FIFA are implemented in regards to the spending.(FFP is garbage and a farce by the way.PSG and City showed how easily it can be worked out).

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
you just can't deny that no matter how it is, english language is actually the biggest marketing factor for EPL, unless other leagues adapt that they will never surpass EPL marketing.

adRHCP

Nov 7, 2012
He is good, but not 17 million good ;)
That's what I was thinking. Is any CB, besides Barzagli and Chiellini, worth 17 million?
And Hummels... maybe.

Juventino[RUS];4102765 said:
How would you qualify him?

- - - Updated - - -

English football is fast, vertical and easy to understand. Most of the games are vertiginous and disputed until the last minute. That's what attracts lots of people.

Mar 9, 2006
That's what I was thinking. Is any CB, besides Barzagli and Chiellini, worth 17 million?
And Hummels... maybe.

How would you qualify him?

- - - Updated - - -

English football is fast, vertical and easy to understand. Most of the games are vertiginous and disputed until the last minute. That's what attracts lots of people.
Aka Hit'n'run shit with horrific defence :sergio:

Garay is very solid defender

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
Juventino[RUS];4102775 said:
LOL
It's not about language, it's all about coverage, stadiums and the tv picture
actually language matter is important although yes, it's very easy to overlook it if you get used in western/european society which have an interchangeable society; but globally, english = easier to market. Here I'm talking about the leagues components and their local national press, which serves as the source of the global marketing for the respective leagues. A league is easier to market when everyone from the FA to the ball boy and their local media able to communicate in a global language.

an easy example is something like this : 30 sul campo vs 30 on the pitch; do you think which one is easier to market to the global audience? ;)

another example is this juventuz forum, it's quite a no brainer to bet that this forum will still get more global members due to the use of english as the main language than if it use chinese even if someone thrown 1 million euro to advertise that chinese forum; and if someone advertise something to you with a language you don't understand, will you get attracted to it? maybe yes if he have no competition, but what if someone else do similar advertising with a language you do understand? I bet you will be naturally leaning to the 2nd guy, even if in truth the 1st guy have better products.

translated communication means additional overhead, 'burden' if you may say so, it can mean more time, more effort and more cost to to do business.

Mar 9, 2006
actually language matter is important although yes, it's very easy to overlook it if you get used in western/european society which have an interchangeable society; but globally, english = easier to market. Here I'm talking about the leagues components and their local national press, which serves as the source of the global marketing for the respective leagues. A league is easier to market when everyone from the FA to the ball boy and their local media able to communicate in a global language.

an easy example is something like this : 30 sul campo vs 30 on the pitch; do you think which one is easier to market? ;)

another example is this juventuz forum, it's quite a no brainer to bet that this forum will still get more global members due to the use of english as the main language than if it use chinese even if someone thrown 1 million euro to advertise that chinese forum.
You are sound like we are living in 18 century, internet is not exist and only english commentators are working on EPL games :sergio:

Fred

Oct 2, 2003

an easy example is something like this : 30 sul campo vs 30 on the pitch; do you think which one is easier to market to the global audience? ;)

another example is this juventuz forum, it's quite a no brainer to bet that this forum will still get more global members due to the use of english as the main language than if it use chinese even if someone thrown 1 million euro to advertise that chinese forum; and if someone advertise something to you with a language you don't understand, will you get attracted to it? maybe yes if he have no competition, but what if someone else do similar advertising with a language you do understand? I bet you will be naturally leaning to the 2nd guy, even if in truth the 1st guy have better products.

translated communication means additional overhead, 'burden' if you may say so, it can mean more time, more effort and more cost to to do business.
I think thats a poor analogy.

You need to communicate in one language on an internet forum, but when it comes to watching football, you can have English commentary on the Italian league, and it wouldn't make a difference.

Language does play a role, just not as much as you're making it out to be imo.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Looks like West Ham might be getting Bony for next season.

West Ham agree deal for Wilfried Bony

West Ham will sign Vitesse Arnhem striker Wilfried Bony this week after agreeing a deal with the Eredivisie side. The Cote d'Ivoire starlet, dubbed 'the new Didier Drogba', will move to Upton park this summer.

Source: Daily Mirror

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
To be honest the quality of pictures even in the Juventus stadium are utter shite. I mean how fucking had is it to get closer to the pitch, jesus. Serie A needs at lest 1 Billion in investment in infrastructure just to make it even appear the same quality.

adRHCP

Nov 7, 2012
Juventino[RUS];4102826 said:
But they have smalling and jones,
Yeah, they should get more trust by Sir Alex.
The firsts months of Jones at United made him look like an outstanding prospectus, but SAF plays him in the midfield a lot. I'd like to see him as a CB more regularly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 178)