[ENG] Premiership 2012/2013 (174 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Well i read that in the next coming years even a 20th place EPL team can make up to 50-60m pounds annually from the new TV deal :lol2: (I think this probably is supposed to take effect from next season,i'm not entirely sure though).

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
In reference to the article on the previous page:

That's a fucking terrible precedent to set. Chelsea once again setting the stage for the destruction of the game.

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
Well i read that in the next coming years even a 20th place EPL team can make up to 50-60m pounds annually from the new TV deal :lol2: (I think this probably is supposed to take effect from next season,i'm not entirely sure though).
Sky Sports costs €400 a year, so let's just say there are 10m subscriptions

Not including advertising.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Fucking hell now i know what Wigan have been planning all these years :lol:

In reference to the article on the previous page:

That's a fucking terrible precedent to set. Chelsea once again setting the stage for the destruction of the game.
won't be long till teenagers start earning 100k a week :sergio:

so glad we didn't go over the boat with piazon like chelsea did

Mar 9, 2006
Sunderland are ready to make a major offer for Juventus fullback Giorgio Chiellini.

Turin sources say Black Cats boss Roy Keane was impressed by Chiellini during Juve's tour of England last week and is ready splash out big to land the defender.

Italy U21 captain Chiellini was linked with Liverpool and Manchester City earlier this season and is keen on a move to the Premiership.

Sunderland would also reportedly offer a three-year contract worth £1.7m per season to the former Fiorentina man, who currently earns £650,000 a year.

:lol:

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012

Projected TV income for EPL clubs when this new deal takes effect.Only Domestic(They are just providing an instance).

Both Domestic and overseas.

And when you compare it to what it was last year.

Good read from Swiss Ramble on the TV deal.

http://swissramble.blogspot.in/2012/06/in-premier-league-sun-always-shines-on.html

- - - Updated - - -

So essentially a 3rd/4th place EPL team would be making as much as the Serie A champions in terms of TV revenue.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Sadly EPL monopoly extends to even in the Champions League where their television market pool is higher than any league.

Note that top English clubs dont make as much as Barca or Madrid in terms of their overall turnover right now but with monetary benefits like these they could quite comfortably catch up with them.

EPL is just getting bigger and wealthier.Their teams' performances in Europe at the moment may be poor but in the long term there is no way they're falling behind other leagues contrary to the belief of some posters here.If anything they've placed themselves in a much stronger position in the long run than other leagues and for a lengthy period.

Kasaki

Moggi's Assistant
Jun 1, 2010
Sadly EPL monopoly extends to even in the Champions League where their television market pool is higher than any league.

Note that top English clubs dont make as much as Barca or Madrid in terms of their overall turnover right now but with monetary benefits like these they could quite comfortably catch up with them.

EPL is just getting bigger and wealthier.Their teams' performances in Europe at the moment may be poor but in the long term there is no way they're falling behind other leagues contrary to the belief of some posters here.If anything they've placed themselves in a much stronger position in the long run than other leagues and for a lengthy period.
Still they'll never catch Madrid and Barcelona. What's the future looking like for Bundesliga?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 174)