[ENG] Premiership 2012/2013 (141 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Well, Bayern and Dortmund are better than all English teams imo but the rest of their league isn't as good as EPL. A lot of strong midtable teams in there. And I would be tempted to say United may actually be better than Dortmund.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
That's a fantasy. This year is historically bad for the Premier League, no way they will continue to be so poor - not with the financial power even the bottom half teams have.

Berbatov decided to sign for Fullham rather than Juventus. The Serie A is seriously lacking.
I think the EPL is going through a genuine decline (the past 3 or so seasons it's been pretty evident) and I do think the Bundesliga will overtake it in the coefficient points tally.

But yeah, I can't see Serie A jumping over the EPL in the rankings. This league will have only 3 CL spots for a long time.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I wouldn't count on it.

The EPL continues to be hugely wealthy, so it only needs one or two people to figure out where they've been going wrong for them to go back to having strong teams again.

Clearly, I don't have a very high opinion of the English when it comes to footballing intelligence, but surely someone will remember how to put out a balanced team with a decent presence in midfield?

Might need Moyes to get a big club for that to happen.
To be honest, the EPL has been in steady decline for the past 3 years. Every season the league is getting steadily worse than the season before it.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
No, there's not :D

Atleast not player for player.
Not in terms of players, but it's pretty close in terms of the number of decent sides.

To be honest, the EPL has been in steady decline for the past 3 years. Every season the league is getting steadily worse than the season before it.
Absolutely.

I think this same thing came up when Man Utd went out of the CL early last season.

I maintain the issue lies primairly in the central midfield of the teams.

Compared to five or ten years ago, the top sides just don't have anything like the presence in that area they used to.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Not in terms of players, but it's pretty close in terms of the number of decent sides.

Absolutely.

I think this same thing came up when Man Utd went out of the CL early last season.

I maintain the issue lies primairly in the central midfield of the teams.

Compared to five or ten years ago, the top sides just don't have anything like the presence in that area they used to.
I agree, but even defensive lines are not as organized or as strong as they used to be.

4-5 years ago, United's partnership of Rio and Vidic was extremely solid, so was Chelsea's partnership of Terry - Carvalho, and Liverpool's Carragher - Agger. Those same teams had the likes of Carrick - Scholes, Makelele - Essien and Alonso - Mascherrano screening them, so you can notice the difference in personnel as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 141)