[ENG] Premiership 2012/2013 (190 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
So? The standard of defending is at an all time low right now, atleast in the past 13 years where ive been able to watch football.
yes, defenders in spain were so much better back then. or are you gonna mention how ronaldo killed it in italy? cuz the only thing he really killed there is his knee.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
So? The standard of defending is at an all time low right now, atleast in the past 13 years where ive been able to watch football.
Cristiano would have scored a lot at any time. It's incredibly hard to defend against this kind of players. And he's strong like a bull.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003

Someone remembers this? Eboue got a red card for doing the exact same thing that Nani did and Ferguson said that it was a red card. Of course he did, it was against his own team :yao:

What a hypocritical cunt.
I'm an Arsenal fan, but even I'd say there's a huge difference between the two.

Regardless of the type of contact made, this one by Eboue was obviously intentional, he actually meant to raise his foot to hit Nani.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
When no English clubs reached the Champions League semi-finals in 2010, I wrote here that it was merely a blip which didn’t reflect the quality of our domestic football.

Three years on and - barring a miraculous Arsenal turn-around in Germany next week - with none of our sides even in the quarter-finals, I have to admit I was wrong.

We still have a vibrant and exciting league, but its quality has declined steadily and this year is the worst for quality that I can remember.

A lot of the Premier League games I watch now would not be out of place in the Championship.

This is far from the greatest Manchester United side we’ve ever seen, yet they have a record number of points at this stage of the season.

City have been unconvincing, Spurs have been erratic, and Chelsea and Arsenal have been miles off. Liverpool are a work in progress.

The debate as to why can begin now.

But we must admit that we are nowhere near as good as we think.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/robbie-savage-column-premier-league-1749073

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Like I said earlier this year, the Bundesliga is now better than the Premier League. The Premier League is third and Serie A is going to catch it up in the next few years.
That's a fantasy. This year is historically bad for the Premier League, no way they will continue to be so poor - not with the financial power even the bottom half teams have.

Berbatov decided to sign for Fullham rather than Juventus. The Serie A is seriously lacking.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
The Premier League is third and Serie A is going to catch it up in the next few years.
I wouldn't count on it.

The EPL continues to be hugely wealthy, so it only needs one or two people to figure out where they've been going wrong for them to go back to having strong teams again.

Clearly, I don't have a very high opinion of the English when it comes to footballing intelligence, but surely someone will remember how to put out a balanced team with a decent presence in midfield?

Might need Moyes to get a big club for that to happen.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Red, would you agree that the Man City midfield is good? I'd say they're the only team in the EPL with proper balance on the team, I just don't know what they're doing wrong - they should have enough talent in their offense to win the games despite a balanced midfield.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Red, would you agree that the Man City midfield is good? I'd say they're the only team in the EPL with proper balance on the team, I just don't know what they're doing wrong - they should have enough talent in their offense to win the games despite a balanced midfield.
Their players don't work hard enough.

And they only have one consistently useful central midfielder. Barry is only marginally more useful than Busquets and Garcia hasn't done anything to impress mer.

When City play Nasri and Silva on the wings and two forwards, they have four people in the team who do no defending. Put Milner in the team instead of Nasri and it starts to look more balanced.

The best football they played in the last couple of seasons was when they had De Jong and Barry deep in midfield and Toure ahead of them. They were able to bully teams with those players in midfield and completely dominate games.

- - - Updated - - -

This doesn't work well with the point you are trying to make.
Looking forward to having the Matalan Mourinho in charge at Coventry?

Played some quite nice football in his early days at Falkirk, but don't know what he's been like more recently.

Has done nothing of note with them - other than get relegated.

Fuck knows why Coventry have appointed him.

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
EPL has declined so much in the last 2 seasons, i used to really enjoy watching it, but recently the standard of games is so poor. Tactically teams are all over the place, i have watched it this season and find myself looking more at my iphone than the tv.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Looking forward to having the Matalan Mourinho in charge at Coventry?

Played some quite nice football in his early days at Falkirk, but don't know what he's been like more recently.

Has done nothing of note with them - other than get relegated.

Fuck knows why Coventry have appointed him.
I only just saw your update, see SPL thread :D

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
I wouldn't count on it.

The EPL continues to be hugely wealthy, so it only needs one or two people to figure out where they've been going wrong for them to go back to having strong teams again.

Clearly, I don't have a very high opinion of the English when it comes to footballing intelligence, but surely someone will remember how to put out a balanced team with a decent presence in midfield?

Might need Moyes to get a big club for that to happen.
It's greed not ignorance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 190)