[ENG] Premiership 2012/2013 (170 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
i'd say Napoli defend better as a unit than Arsenal do, then again Napoli defend with 3 at the back to compensate the lack of individual quality. At the same time i've never rated koscielny and mertesacker is far too slow for the epl and doesn't compliment well with koscielny as a pairing
They do defend better as a unit. Mertesacker is decent, but he's not right for us, he's far too slow to play in the high line Wenger likes to deploy. So he looks worse than he actually is when playing for us. Koscielny is utter cack that only has one good game in a blue moon, and Vermaelen is decent but has way too many lapses of concentration to be considered a top defender. I rate Cannavaro higher than all our defenders barring maybe Vermaelen who he's probably equal to.

Nope, it's be bestest league evah 'cause tons of gols are scored!!!
There are more goals scored in the Liga and more leaky defenses there, however it is still without a doubt the best league in the world right now.

Different styles and all.

Napoli would anally rape Arsenal, especially at the San Paolo.

This isn't the Arsenal of 8-9 years ago, as Fred says they are utterly medicore and the only area were Arsenal are stronger than Napoli in is maybe their GK and CB's.

Napoli beat superior teams in the CL last season anyway (Man City and 1st leg against Chelsea)
We are mediocre, but relativity is the key word here. Even if you don't admit it, sub consciously you are comparing Arsenal to teams like Juventus and Man Utd(which should be the case when you think of how big our budget is and how much revenue we make annually), in which case Arsenal are an extremely mediocre team. When you think of Napoli, you don't compare them to the big teams, which is why you wouldn't really consider them mediocre.

Its all about relativity, but when you think of it, are Campagnaro and Gamberini really better than Vermaelen and Mertesacker? Would they do better if they were at Arsenal? Would Maggio start ahead of Sagna? Inler is a good player no doubt, but he'd find a hard time breaking into the team with Arteta and Wilshere. Hamsik would no doubt start for us, Zuniga would too just because our left back is cack, Cavani is miles ahead of our forwards without a doubt.

They finished 5th in the league last season while we finished 3rd. This season they're 3rd in Serie A so far, and they're doing better than we are domestically, but lets see where they end up come the end of the season. We play in the CL every season, while they've only once managed to play in the CL with this current crop of players.

Comparing both results and players, i do not see how they are better than us.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
Arsenal have been in decline for a number of seasons now. Selling a big player per season isn't a good look. But in a way im glad cos I don't like the club and its annoying fans who think they're always the best. And never admit wenger touches up his youth players. ;)

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
nejˈmaɾ ˈjɾ;4003286 said:
Arsenal have been in decline for a number of seasons now. Selling a big player per season isn't a good look. But in a way im glad cos I don't like the club and its annoying fans who think they're always the best. And never admit wenger touches up his youth players. ;)
As an Arsenal fan, I like to see the bright side of that. At least we don't have any more big players to sell, so its a worry free summer for a change :D

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Seems that QPR have hijacked Newcastle's 'done deal' for Remy, they've offered him a bunch of money that they probably can't afford, which will hopefully put them out of business in the future, namely £80,000 p/w.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
Pretty much all of them, then? :D

What about Millwall and West Ham??? MUGS...pikey dogs
East laaandaaan's a 5hit hole. But been west ham a few times and they're actually a good laugh. The other scum are just pikeys. Sleep with their own mothers if she'd give them a chance. Inbreds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 170)