[ENG] Premiership 2012/2013 (137 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
nejˈmaɾ ˈjɾ;3990672 said:
Suarez Suarez Suarez. SSN going to town on him. Even showing his handball on the line he did against Ghana. Omg I remember that moment. He gets sent off, gyan I think missed the penalty and the sick "cheating" image of Suarez walking down the tunnel celebrating like a little girl when the pen was missed. Sportsman of the year I think.
seriously , i am not a great fan of suarez's carachter , but i wouldn't say anything about that , i would actually have insulted him if he hadnd't done it if he was playing for my team . You are at the quarter finals in the fucking world cup , you do everything to win , as long as you don't make killer tackles (where you harm your opponent) everything is fine with me . Stopping the ball with a hand , fouling the last player going torwards goal , scoring with a hand ect . With that action he permitted his team to go through , i bet he is considered a hero for that in uruguay

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
seriously , i am not a great fan of suarez's carachter , but i wouldn't say anything about that , i would actually have insulted him if he hadnd't done it if he was playing for my team . You are at the quarter finals in the $#@!ing world cup , you do everything to win , as long as you don't make killer tackles (where you harm your opponent) everything is fine with me . Stopping the ball with a hand , fouling the last player going torwards goal , scoring with a hand ect . With that action he permitted his team to go through , i bet he is considered a hero for that in uruguay

Wow what an attitude to have. Would rather lose than know you'd cheated. Wouldn't feel like a winner but that's just me.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
nejˈmaɾ ˈjɾ;3993336 said:
Wow what an attitude to have. Would rather lose than know you'd cheated. Wouldn't feel like a winner but that's just me.
:lol:

Yeah... I bet almost everysingle competative person who plays at top level should do that. If you still feel bad, look at it this way, it's a team sport, take one for the team mate.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
:lol:

Yeah... I bet almost everysingle competative person who plays at top level should do that. If you still feel bad, look at it this way, it's a team sport, take one for the team mate.

Taking one for the team is when you've done something heroic like a clearance off the line face first something like that. Not hand balling on the line then have the cheek to celebrate like its a good thing what you've done. Like that dirty double hand ball Thierry Henry did a few seasons back. Yeah take one for the team. Bet you say that when you volunteer to pick up the soap ;)

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
This is like the 3rd handball goal in the Prem this season. Demba Ba, Ricky Lambert, Peter Crouch. Don't see what all the fuss is about. Referees should just do their job.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
nejˈmaɾ ˈjɾ;3993345 said:
Taking one for the team is when you've done something heroic like a clearance off the line face first something like that. Not hand balling on the line then have the cheek to celebrate like its a good thing what you've done. Like that dirty double hand ball Thierry Henry did a few seasons back. Yeah take one for the team. Bet you say that when you volunteer to pick up the soap ;)
For me Henry situation was different. Henry tried a dirty trick to score, and Suarez probably tried to save a goal. It might be just me, but I see that way. And from my expirience these handballs can be done quite instictly and without premeditated cheeting intent. Anyway, I would rather win gold like this with a red card, rather end up with silver.

Pablo

Jul 9, 2010
I dont get the whole 'storm' over it, the ball come back at his arm, he didnt have much option.

And I hate Suarez, but feck me, he did nothing wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 137)