[ENG] Premiership 2012/2013 (172 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Sorry, I watch him play. It's at least 10 matches that I've seen of him this season and he was bad or terrible on each and every one. It simply can't be that I'm always catching his bad matches and I keep missing his good ones.
Chelsea as a whole started out the season very well, and then went downhill in the past couple of months. He played some really good games, including games against teams like United, Arsenal and Newcastle. You are being opportunistic and you're singling him out, despite the fact that the whole Chelsea team has been utter shit in the past two months.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Chelsea as a whole started out the season very well, and then went downhill in the past couple of months. He played some really good games, including games against teams like United, Arsenal and Newcastle. You are being opportunistic and you're singling him out, despite the fact that the whole Chelsea team has been utter shit in the past two months.
Of course I'll single him out. They bought him for 39m eur (£32m) and it was considered by many as a fair price for an already great and young player. Except some tricks and speedy legs, I haven't seen anything yet that resembles a potential great. He lacks the arrogance to be Cristiano Ronaldo. With his undeniable talent, he should be doing much better even in an underperforming Chelsea. I see him fading away into a "he had the talent to be doing much better than this" player.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Of course I'll single him out. They bought him for 39m eur (£32m) and it was considered by many as a fair price for an already great and young player. Except some tricks and speedy legs, I haven't seen anything yet that resembles a potential great. He lacks the arrogance to be Cristiano Ronaldo. With his undeniable talent, he should be doing much better even in an underperforming Chelsea. I see him fading away into a "he had the talent to be doing much better than this" player.
Too quick to make such a conclusion. Other than the fact that he's obviously talented, and still quite young. He's playing in a new league, with a new team, against different kind of opposition and in a team thats in transition. You're expecting him to be a hit immediately. The first season is usually when players adapt to their new surroundings. Silva when he first came to City didn't do too well, and he was an established player. Vidic's first season with United was disastrous, he was a calamity.

Point is, it is way too early to make any conclusions on Hazard's success at Chelsea. I for one think he's a supremely talented player, that will go on to be one of the top attacking midfielders in the EPL.

They did pay a sizeable amount for him, which adds to the pressure. However, its a long term investment. Nobody expected him to pick up the PFA player of the year award at the end of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 172)