[ENG] Premiership 2012/2013 (146 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyouto

catenaccio
Aug 8, 2011
Arsenal are not only about winning' - chief commercial officer

Tom Fox has insisted that making the club's supporters happy is his "primary business" but, with the Gunners on a four-match winless run, declared that winning isn't everything

The club recently beat rivals Tottenham 5-2 for the second year in a row, but are still five points behind them in the league, with Spurs occupying the fourth Champions League spot.

However, despite their poor showing and speculation about manager Arsene Wenger's future, Fox has declared that there is more to the club than performing on the pitch, stating their identity is enough to make the fans proud.

"Arsenal Football Club is not only about winning," he told reporters.

"We have a large and engaged fan-base around the world who wants to feel as if they belong to the club, and want to feel proud to belong to the club.

"That’s my primary business. When they [the fans] see that we can attract – even though we haven't won a trophy in seven years – one of the top global brands in the world for the type of money and financial commitment they're making, that makes our fans feel proud.

"So our brand is defined by more than winning."

The 2-1 defeat to Olympiakos in the Champions League on Tuesday night not only means the Gunners will face a group topper in the knock-out stages, having finished second in Group B, it also extends their winless streak to four matches.

-----------

:wallbang: Worse is majority of ze fans will buy into this nonsense.
my condolences for arsenal fans

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
Could anyone fill me in with how Javi Garcia's has been for City so far? His fee was around 30M iirc and I saw him in the CL a couple of times and he looked bad tbh. Flop or just inferior to Barry?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 146)