[ENG] Premiership 2012/2013 (37 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Chelsea have not been very convincing this season, the transition from being a pragmatic physically strong team into a more fluid attacking side, has not been very smooth so far. Its unfair to judge them this quickly though to be fair.
I am only judging them on this game and vs Atletico, they have no central mid worth a damn, can't impose themselves there at all. Also played too defensive wings today, which was weird...

Buy on AliExpress.com

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
They do have a very soft center. I was shocked when they let go of Meireles really. He made a decent midfield duo with Lampard last season, added some much needed dynamism and energy to Chelsea's midfield. I mean i'd understand(well not really) benching him for Mikel, but to actually sell him, was a really bad move if you ask me. Mikel is static and slow, and playing him beside Lampard just makes their center slow, cumbersome and static. RDM has made quite a few strange decisions last summer.

Jul 1, 2010
Well, you don't exactly need to be a genius to make your team park the bus. Now that he has to actually play possession football since Abramovich wants so, his tactical shortcomings are exposed.

It also doesn't help that he didn't sign a quality CM.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Well, you don't exactly need to be a genius to make your team park the bus. Now that he has to actually play possession football since Abramovich wants so, his tactical shortcomings are exposed.

It also doesn't help that he didn't sign a quality CM.
Why they sold Meireles is beyond me, they should've replaced him or upgraded. Our biggest shot at winning vs Chelsea is the midfield battle, Marchisio and Vidal will run circles around Lampard and Mikel, physically we're much stronger.

Jul 1, 2010
Why they sold Meireles is beyond me, they should've replaced him or upgraded. Our biggest shot at winning vs Chelsea is the midfield battle, Marchisio and Vidal will run circles around Lampard and Mikel, physically we're much stronger.
I'm eager to see how Luiz/Cahill and the slow Terry can deal with Pirlo's long balls.

I think we're going to win on Wednesday, even though we have sucked in England over the years. There is something about Conte's Juve that is different.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Tell me about it, and then he made things worse by loaning out Essien too :lol:

Juve will win the midfield battle without a doubt, RDM needs to understand his team's deficiencies, park the bus and try and counter attack you guys.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
I think we were in a worse situation! We got relegated, went from one of the best to Serie B contenders overnight, not to mention all the damages that were inflicted upon us during the relegation. I don't understand how Liverpool fucked shit up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 37)