[ENG] Premiership 2009/2010 (9 Viewers)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Where did you hear that?
I saw it in the Telegraph, but if you Google 'Capello England 3-5-2' there are many mentions of the story from solid sites. On the Telegraph site they give the reason as Barry's injury (and lack of a similar player to replace him), less than 1% of England fans polled were in favour of it though. So they are not as stupid as you think :D

Buy on AliExpress.com

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
I saw it in the Telegraph, but if you Google 'Capello England 3-5-2' there are many mentions of the story from solid sites. On the Telegraph site they give the reason as Barry's injury (and lack of a similar player to replace him), less than 1% of England fans polled were in favour of it though. So they are not as stupid as you think :D
They've gotten burned before. It's rare for the top teams in England to play with other than a flat back four, and most experiments like that for their NT have been somewhere between unconvincing and brown trousers time.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Wow, if Cesc leaves Arsenal, that team is gonna be in shambles.
Tell me about it. I strongly doubt he'd leave this summer though.

Not sure where to post this but apparently Capello is thinking about playing 3-5-2 in the World Cup. If this happens don't bet on England, English players struggle outside of a 4-4-2 in defence.

Not even one team in the EPL plays with a 3 man defense system. Most if not all players have probably never played that system in their lives.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Probably the luckiest half I have ever seen in football, for Portsmouth, Chelsea have hit the post and bar 5 or 6 times, had shots saved and deflected away, one with the ball half over the line, amazing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)