[ENG] Premiership 2009/2010 (12 Viewers)

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
Man City were fourth favorites ahead of Arsenal and behind Pool this season, so i won't be too reliant on the bookies ;)
They only finished 8 points off Arsenal even with 11 draws this season. I see them grabbing atleast fourth next season and with the right buys I expect them to get third.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
They only finished 8 points off Arsenal even with 11 draws this season. I see them grabbing atleast fourth next season and with the right buys I expect them to get third.

Thats because of the unexpected freak injury crisis we got at the end of the season. I mean come on, even at our worst, we can't lose to teams like Blackburn and Wigan the way we did.

Having 12 injuries to first team players would hurt any team.

Nicholas

Jan 30, 2008
Thats because of the unexpected freak injury crisis we got at the end of the season. I mean come on, even at our worst, we can't lose to teams like Blackburn and Wigan the way we did.

Having 12 injuries to first team players would hurt any team.
True however Tevez missed four games due to Family issues. Lescott has been injured aswell as Bridge. Adebayor missed 7 games through suspension aswell as a month away for African cup of nations.

Will all the money City have I can't see them not becoming a force. Teams like Liverpool and Arsenal will be left behind next season I think.

City now have a stronger squad than both Arsenal and Liverpool and if they spend another 100+ in the summer then....

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
True however Tevez missed four games due to Family issues. Lescott has been injured aswell as Bridge. Adebayor missed 7 games through suspension aswell as a month away for African cup of nations.

Will all the money City have I can't see them not becoming a force. Teams like Liverpool and Arsenal will be left behind next season I think.

We've had our fair share of injuries throughout the season too. But 2-4 injuries at one time is something a team of our stature should be able to deal with, thats not what i was complaining about. What i was complaining about was the freak injury crisis at the end of the season. The list of absentees at one point after the Tottenham game looked like this.

Almunia, Gallas, Vermaelen, Djourou, Clichy, Gibbs, Song, Fabregas, Denilson, Ramsey, Rosicky, Bendtner, Arshavin.

Freak situation that will not happen again in another 30 years i'm sure.

Nicholas

Jan 30, 2008
We've had our fair share of injuries throughout the season too. But 2-4 injuries at one time is something a team of our stature should be able to deal with, thats not what i was complaining about. What i was complaining about was the freak injury crisis at the end of the season. The list of absentees at one point after the Tottenham game looked like this.

Almunia, Gallas, Vermaelen, Djourou, Clichy, Gibbs, Song, Fabregas, Denilson, Ramsey, Rosicky, Bendtner, Arshavin.

Freak situation that will not happen again in another 30 years i'm sure.
I know you've been terribly unlucky. I still stand by my judgement City will get third next year.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
I do hope they get promoted. I go to only a few away games but as much as I despise Blackpool as a city I also love it. I would make it a must go on my calender next season.
I don't know much about them. My teams in the Championship are Forest and Scunthorpe United. Though I did like Reading when they had Hanneman and Convey.

FYI, Blackpool is Burke's favorite English team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)