[ENG] Premiership 2009/2010 (6 Viewers)

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
Im going to the Liverpool v West ham game on monday, as im visiting my sister and i heard that after 20min the Liverpool fans will walk out on a protest towards the handling of the club. Think its a bit far fetched really but you never know. If they do so what was the point in going in the first place?

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
Surely that won't happen now that the Americans have put the club up for sale?
who knows what those mickeys are thinking. Quite frankly i dont give a dam about Liverpool. Always hated that club whilst growing up and im glad through stupidity clubs like these are getting ruined.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
My point is, there's no profit from buying Liverpool ATM, so no "businessman" will do such an investment IMO. While a fan maybe more than willing to splash such money and even more on his/her beloved club. But I see no reason for a true businessman to do such a dumb move other than making a name for himself maybe, and with the amount of money he'll have to spend, its not worth it really.
As I said, Football is not an industry to make money on for these rich owners, more like spend, for the aim of elevating ones standing and getting on ze map sto to speak.

Thats pretty obvious really. Its not a profital venture for them, their gain and insterest is the prestige and PR that comes with it (Laporta isnt an owner, but elected President, but he is good example, been using Barca to further his political career, and will go on higher political office after his term is over). Who knew who Abrahamovich was before he bought Chelsea? What made Berlusconi's political career? etc Its simple as that really for them.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Apparently Lyon are interested in buying Eduardo.

With Chamakh coming to Arsenal this summer, and with the 4-3-3 system we're using, i don't think Eduardo has a place in this Arsenal squad anymore. I feel sorry for him, as he hasn't yet recovered mentally from that injury, i really liked the Eduardo pre injury and i'm sure he could have been a good player for us. Hopefully he tears the Ligue apart with Lyon, i really do wish him the best.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Do City have midfielders? It seems like they only have defenders, Tevez who kicks a long ball forward and Adebayor who tries to reach it. They won't do much with this approach.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Why? They have played with more purpose and clear gameplay with their attacking approach, hardly been just hoofing, but good on the break most of the time, more so then Man U. They just lacked the final ball. But in general looked bit better then Man U, who city closed down well most of the time.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Why? They have played with more purpose and clear gameplay with their attacking approach, hardly been just hoofing, but good on the break most of the time, more so then Man U. They just lacked the final ball. But in general looked bit better then Man U, who city closed down well most of the time.
I caught last 15 minutes of the first half and it was my impression. Probably should've noted that, my bad.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
They mainly let Man U have the ball, who go NOWHERE with it most of the time (except last two chances), easily bogged down, and then City counter well enough and have been more comfortable with the ball in general. Lots of counters with good intention and build up, but that fall short just at the end.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)