[ENG] Premiership 2009/2010 (9 Viewers)

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
My point is, there's no profit from buying Liverpool ATM, so no "businessman" will do such an investment IMO. While a fan maybe more than willing to splash such money and even more on his/her beloved club. But I see no reason for a true businessman to do such a dumb move other than making a name for himself maybe, and with the amount of money he'll have to spend, its not worth it really.
Two words. Roman Abromavich.

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
Liverpool is a massive name in World Football.

However with 250 Million pound worth of debt and both Americans demanding 100 million each its going to cover over 450 Million to buy the club and make it debt free. Then there is the issue of the squad needs a heavy upgrade which could easily cost 100 million and then there is the issue of a new stadium and that could cost anything between 400-450 Million.

The potential new owners could have to spend in excess of 1 Billion pounds to make Liverpool contenders again which I don't think many will take the risk.

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
Are you fuckin kiddin me! He covered all Chelsea's losses at the end of every year he had to pay from his own cash to cover their asses, he's yet to make a buck out of this whole fucked up investment of his while he surely spent over half a billion on wages and transfer budgets for the last five seasons at least.
Abromavich isn't a true businessman?
Ofcourse he is, but not in football that is.

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
Also, Newcastle has been up for sale for over 12 months a club that has no debt to it's name, granted Newcastle is not as big as name as Liverpool are but just because your club is on the market does not mean Sheik Mansour II'nd will be coming there way. I think the Liverpool fans need to turn it down a notch and just accept that there future looks very bleak.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Oh and so people know. The club officially went on the market today, but Purslow has been looking for "investors" since December. Apparently there is interest in the club, but it relies on Rafa remaining manager.

So Rafa pretty much has his dream of complete control of the club.

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
Doesn't Liverpool have their own fan base that is willing to buy the club, you know like those manure fans?

If not, then they should start one already, they could nail the deal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)