[ENG] Premiership 2009/2010 (11 Viewers)

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
I can't stand the Tories.

Clegg spoke well when he spoke, but I thought he allowed the other two to sideline him somewhat, especially in the first half. I thought Brown was pretty solid and Cameron did live up to expectations.

My natural inclination is towards Labour, but my constituency is Tories v Lib Dems, so I usually vote to keep the Tories out.
If you get enough interest by all means open a political thread mate, I for one would post in there.

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
Who the hell would buy a club teared with debt and have a small stadium with a relatively small revenue due to that and has to spend load of cash to retrurn the club into former glories.

Easy, Arabs :sergio:

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Who wouldnt buy one of the biggiest brands in sports in a league that is heavily sponsored and is globally widespread? There is not much money to be made by owning footie clubs, more like the reverse. But if you are interesting in brands and PR for yourself, then yeah this the kind of opportunity really rich mofos would like.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Actually we have a fairly large revenue. However, the loans our current owners took out are more than what we bring in (more than most clubs bring in). Hicks and Gillet may have to take a significant loss to sell. That said, the club could go for well below it's current asking price of 500 million pounds. So a wealthy person could end up purchasing one of the most storied clubs in teh world for a relatively low price.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Oh and Anfield seats around 45,000 and maintain that attendence throughout the season. 45,000 isn't huge, but it's a lot bigger than other stadiums.

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
Who wouldnt buy one of the biggiest brands in sports in a league that is heavily sponsored and is globally widespread? There is not much money to be made by owning footie clubs, more like the reverse. But if you are interesting in brands and PR for yourself, then yeah this the kind of opportunity really rich mofos would like.
Indeed the Liverpool brand is Top10 without a doubt.
Actually we have a fairly large revenue. However, the loans our current owners took out are more than what we bring in (more than most clubs bring in). Hicks and Gillet may have to take a significant loss to sell. That said, the club could go for well below it's current asking price of 500 million pounds. So a wealthy person could end up purchasing one of the most storied clubs in teh world for a relatively low price.
Oh and Anfield seats around 45,000 and maintain that attendence throughout the season. 45,000 isn't huge, but it's a lot bigger than other stadiums.
My point is, there's no profit from buying Liverpool ATM, so no "businessman" will do such an investment IMO. While a fan maybe more than willing to splash such money and even more on his/her beloved club. But I see no reason for a true businessman to do such a dumb move other than making a name for himself maybe, and with the amount of money he'll have to spend, its not worth it really.

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
It looks like I was right, Syrian "Businessman" Yehia Al Kurdi is in talks for buying the club and he appointed former Cletic player Andy lynch to seal the deal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)