[ENG] Premiership 2008/2009 (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
But Man Utd still have a game on hand. Against Portsmouth in Old Trafford. They win that and they're 4 points up, providing Liverpool beat Aston Villa of course.

Man Utd's away fixtures aren't the toughest there is. They travel to Sunderland, Wigan, Boro and Hull. The only game there that might be a bit difficult for Man Utd is the one against Wigan.

Liverpool travel to Fulham next week, which is a tough one, no big team has beaten Fulham at Craven Cottage this season. Fulham even snatched a draw at Anfield.

Chelsea travel to Newcastle, that should be an easy one for the russians.

Man Utd host Aston Villa next season. Villa are in a bit of a slump lately so i think the Manc's will win this one.
Arsenal still have a huge say in where the title will go this season as they have to play each of the top 3 before the season ends.
liverpool are probably the only team i see winning as it is "under the floodlights" at Anfield which is were pool seem to play their best football. Arsenal have also to travel to old trafford but they do have a decent record there,a draw would certainly suit liverpool. chelsea are the only team that have to travel to the emirates and i think that is where their (very) slim chances will get scuppered leaving a straight fight out between pool and manure

Buy on AliExpress.com

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Arsenal still have a huge say in where the title will go this season as they have to play each of the top 3 before the season ends.
liverpool are probably the only team i see winning as it is "under the floodlights" at Anfield which is were pool seem to play their best football. Arsenal have also to travel to old trafford but they do have a decent record there,a draw would certainly suit liverpool. chelsea are the only team that have to travel to the emirates and i think that is where their (very) slim chances will get scuppered leaving a straight fight out between pool and manure

Yup our players always step up a notch against Man Utd. The best thing about the Man Utd game, is that it will be in round 37. which probably means the game would mean nothing to us. Which in turn means that we will be playing without any pressure and with noting to lose. I think we might probably cause an upset there.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
More a move out of sentiment than rational thinking by Newcastle. It will prove to be their downfall. Shearer still doesn't have his Uefa badge\license\ whatever they call it, so he's only allowed to coach them on a short term basis. Otherwise they'd have probably given him 3 years or something. Mad bunch the Geordies.

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
Gotta feel for them though,ever since Sir Bobby Robson left them they have been on a downward slope.Mediocre signings,mediocre managers & allround pathetic club management has ruined them.

To think they some really good youngsters & by now they would have flourished.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
True that. I respect them as a football club, especially due to their fans, stadium, atmosphere etc. I really think it would be a loss to the EPL for them to go down. They still have quality players, they just need their luck with injuries to get better, and they need to be more patient with their managers.

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
Yeah but more importantly the current squad is a complete joke for a club of newcastle's stature from signing youngsters like jenas & reo coker & have average joes like cacapa is just disgraceful.The sad thing is that their fans stay loyal & fill the stadiums week in & out & yet the club fails the fans miserably.The money is there but its just being wasted.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Newcastle fans are such a bunch of whiny bastards.

They are loyal to the name Newcastle United, but hate virtually everything about the club, even when things are going well.

I get so fed up of hearing that they are 'a massive cloob', that I hope they get relegated.

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
Despite that you gotta love them,i love taking the piss at them at the geordies club in johannesburg.About the whining about everything part it happens with all clubs.When we were winning with capello,we were bitching & so on.As a footie fan enough is never enough.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Geordies are bad by any standard, though.

I would also point out that Juve at that time expected to win, so winning well was a logical next step.

Newcastle fans are so hung up on playing exciting football that they won't give coaches (Allardyce) the chance to build a team and get the stability to move up the league.

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
Its not only newcastle though,football in the uk is more offense minded as to italian football.The epl in general is completely obsessed with high scoring games.Though what you have said about them is very true but i just dont understand why they purchase has beens & washed up players & expect the team to flourish.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I think the problem is that fans in the UK are less tactically aware than fans in other parts of the world.

They don't seem capable of understanding that going all out attack isn't necessarily the best way of going about trying to win a game.

From top to bottom, Newcastle are a stupid club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)