[ENG] Premiership 2008/2009 (153 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Mascherano at Right back, Kuyt and N'Gog up top. Insua at left back. Everyone else in standard places: Gerrard, Alonso, Yossi, Riera, Carra, Skrtel, Pepe.

Meh... we should be able to win matches with that line up. Though David N'Gog and Dick Cup up top is kind of a crap shoot.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
Which lost us the league both last season and 2002\2003, Arsene should have learnt his lesson by now.
Yes it did.

I'm sure he's aware of it, but he has to work with the money he's given. That means a certain number of players of the quality he requires. More players means compromising on quality. I'd say the club has let him down by failing to turn Wenger's footballing success into revenue.

Enoran

Nov 3, 2007
Was browsing through my local papers and a particular headline interests me. it reads "Titus no longer Fumble Bramble"

Since the days at Newcastle where there is double the catastrophe with the Bramble-Boumsong partnership, Bramble is currently having the season of his life in Wigan ...

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
Was browsing through my local papers and a particular headline interests me. it reads "Titus no longer Fumble Bramble"

Since the days at Newcastle where there is double the catastrophe with the Bramble-Boumsong partnership, Bramble is currently having the season of his life in Wigan ...
may be having the season of his life but the lad aint no footballer

Geof

May 14, 2004
Van der Sar was close to getting the record for most minutes in goal without conceding a goal. Before Lovendkrands scored, VDS hadn't conceded in 1311 minutes (Nasri).

The European record is still held by fuckin' Danny Verlinden, standing unbeaten for 1390 minutes with Club Brugge back in 1990. :D

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
Van der Sar was close to getting the record for most minutes in goal without conceding a goal. Before Lovendkrands scored, VDS hadn't conceded in 1311 minutes (Nasri).

The European record is still held by fuckin' Danny Verlinden, standing unbeaten for 1390 minutes with Club Brugge back in 1990. :D

And Ali Daei scored 109 goals in 149 matches played for Iran NT. More than half of them were against Maldive and the teams of that calibre :D

Geof

May 14, 2004
And Ali Daei scored 109 goals in 149 matches played for Iran NT. More than half of them were against Maldive and the teams of that calibre :D
Are you subtly implying that holding clean sheets in the EPL and in the Belgian league are two different things?
A goal's a goal as they say in Bruges...

:D

Henry

Sep 30, 2003
I thought Mascherano did a rather decen job at RB, far better than skrtel. Benayoun again showed that how important he can be, Kuyt really can't hit a barn door, and N'Gog clearly has potential, it's alot to ask him to step in for Torres, when the only other somewhat consistent and decent attacker is Benayoun

CAPITANO

58 ' SUPER SIC ' 58
Jul 12, 2006
Nicolas Anelka is in hospital

Chelsea striker probably won’t be fit for Champions League match

According to reports in the press, Nicolas Anelka missed Tuesday’s match with Portsmouth thanks to a bruised toe, an injury that will keep him out of Saturday’s FA Cup clash with Coventry.

Those who were hoping the striker would be fit for the Juventus game next week, however, may be disappointed - according to a trusted Spoiler spy, the toe is not bruised, it is broken. He is being treated in hosiptal today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 153)