[ENG] Premiership 2008/2009 (173 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Good game between Man Utd and Tottenham, tottenham showed their lack of ambition today. I mean they didn't even want to win this game, if they're planning on raiding the top 4 anytime soon, they'd have to drastically change their mentality.

Modric was class today, easily the best player on the pitch, he just didn't have enough support from his teammates, Lennon gave Rafael a hard time too. Berbatov was by far the worst player in the game, i can't for the life of me comprehend how he was allowed to play 90 minutes.

Could you predict the same for Milan?
Milan will lose tommorrow, mark my words ;)

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Modric was class today, easily the best player on the pitch, he just didn't have enough support from his teammates, Lennon gave Rafael a hard time too. Berbatov was by far the worst player in the game, i can't for the life of me comprehend how he was allowed to play 90 minutes.
You think so? I only watched the last 35 minutes or so and he seemed somewhat lost on the pitch, the Manc were crushing them. I don't like the way Redknapp is using him, just behind the striker, he needs to play deeper. Be in contact with the ball as much as possible, not wait on 20m for someone to pass it to him.

Lennon was great from what little I saw, I always liked that player, fast as hell. Simply a nightmare to mark.

Gomes was the surprise package, made some crucial saves.

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
Good game between Man Utd and Tottenham, tottenham showed their lack of ambition today. I mean they didn't even want to win this game, if they're planning on raiding the top 4 anytime soon, they'd have to drastically change their mentality.

Well thats just it really,they were more focused on avoiding relegation & improving on their position in the table.Credit must be given to Redknapp for turning things around.

Milan will lose tommorrow, mark my words ;)
Thank You.:D

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Of course he deserves credit for turning things around. But he has that English mentality, you know, they're all scared to attack the big four. With the players he has at his disposal, he should have been going for the win.

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
Of course he deserves credit for turning things around. But he has that English mentality, you know, they're all scared to attack the big four. With the players he has at his disposal, he should have been going for the win.
Very true but in all fairness this isnt exactly "his" team,once he has the players he'd like at his disposal he can be judged.Although i do agree with the quality they have,they should have more desire to conquer the big four.

ReMad

Feb 25, 2007

Tottenham Hotspur vs Manchester United

Barclays Premier League, Matchday 17
Tottenham Hotspur (14th, 19/51 pts) v Manchester United (3rd, 32/48 pts)
Saturday 13th December, Kick-off: 17:30 GMT
White Hart Lane, London

Pre Match Video

Match Preview
Click Here for Video

Extras

Great ball in from Bentley saved Greatly by Van Der Sar 8
Click Here for Video

Nice Skill and Shot by Lennon 28
Click Here for Video

Great Header by Modric over the Goal 37
Click Here for Video

Danger Freekick by Bentley 64
Click Here for Video

Nice Header by Ferdenand over the Goal 74
Click Here for Video

Great Freekick by Giggs 90
Click Here for Video

Highlights

First Half Highlights : Tottenham 0 - 0 Manchester United
Click Here for Video

Second Half Highlights : Tottenham 0 - 0 Manchester United
Click Here for Video

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
You think so? I only watched the last 35 minutes or so and he seemed somewhat lost on the pitch, the Manc were crushing them. I don't like the way Redknapp is using him, just behind the striker, he needs to play deeper. Be in contact with the ball as much as possible, not wait on 20m for someone to pass it to him.

Lennon was great from what little I saw, I always liked that player, fast as hell. Simply a nightmare to mark.

Gomes was the surprise package, made some crucial saves.
Modric didn't see much of the ball in the last 25 minutes or so, but when he got the ball on his feet he always threatened to make an opening. In the first half he was fantastic.

Lennon's good, but he's a bit one dimensional.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Marceℓℓo;1835111 said:
Meh,average game so far.

BTW if ManU can start a 18 year-old in their back-four,why can't we just throw in let's say Iago,damn it!Rafael loos pretty talented though.
because they have very reliable three players to support him, i dont think we have that.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
I am talking about the back line, not the whole support structure to the backline not specifically about Iago.
They can't be compared to the Manu one at least.
If you have Evra, Vidic, and Ferdinand you can get away with playing a Da Silva or Evans on the right?

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Brave game West ham played against Chelsea today. Scott Parker, that other kid in midfield and Bellamy all had great games today.

The league is getting more and more competitive, i don't remember a season where all the big four kept losing points like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 173)