[ENG] Premiership 2007/2008 (6 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Reports here heavily suggesting Hleb is destined for Inter and that Kranjcar is the probably replacement. They don't say anything about how much it will cost Arsenal. Fred?

Kranjcar was always a good player in my book, even when everyone completelly gave up on him, after leaving Dinamo for Hajduk. He has football in his legs and in his head, the two most important things. He's not much of a runner but many players made their career with just their technique, hint; one of the best midfielders ever, Robert Prosinecki. Even though Kranjcar has improved his fitness a lot after two years in Portsmouth, I'm sceptical over his mixing in with the Arsenal fast-style of play. He definetly has the stuff to adapt to their quick passing game, however, how his pace will work with them is what worries me..
Our reluctance to pay players the wages they deserve is really costing us, also given Arsene's reluctance to pay any sort of real money in the market, i strongly doubt we will properly replace Hleb. Thats my biggest worry really. We already needed a Flamini replacement and a quality attacking mid, now we need two quality attacking mids and a Flamster replacement.

For me the difference between Flams and Hleb is the way they left the club, Flamini left in a legal way, and i dont really blame him tbh, as much as i wanted him to stay. By meeting with Inter officials when we played Milan, Hleb showed how much of a classless cunt he really is. The plus side of the whole matter, is that maybe now we can get a midfielder that knows what the word "shoot" means. If we do, Hleb can lick ice cream as much as he fuckin wants for all i care.

About Kranjcar, i'm not really sure if he's good enough to be starting for us, i didnt mind having him here, and letting him fight for a place with Rosicky.. But imo it would be too much of a risk to rely on him to replace Hleb.

And all this has to do with the EPL how again???
Nothing wrong with going off topic here and there.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
But the thread went off topic by dissing the English, judging by your sig, i would've thought you of all people would let it slip:D

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

The plus side of the whole matter, is that maybe now we can get a midfielder that knows what the word "shoot" means. If we do, Hleb can lick ice cream as much as he fuckin wants for all i care.

About Kranjcar, i'm not really sure if he's good enough to be starting for us, i didnt mind having him here, and letting him fight for a place with Rosicky.. But imo it would be too much of a risk to rely on him to replace Hleb.
Too fight for a place with Rosicky? In other words means, to have a guaranteed first team place, looking at Rosicky's injuries. :D

Oh and, Kranjcar can and would shoot. ;)

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

All in all for a fair price, I think Kranjcar would be worth the gamble. Question is how much would Portsmouth want? He's been really consistant for them.

Fabregas23

Mar 19, 2006
Kranjcar couldn't carry Hleb's gym bag.

Decent player with sound technique but frankly not in the same class as Aleks the great. Even though he has got a better shot. Anyway, 90 % of players in world football have a better shot than Hleb. Doesn't mean they're all better than him.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
The young striker is the top goal-scorer in Roma’s youth academy team and is already one of the star players of the Italian under-17 side.

According to Il Romanista, United’s interest is the reason for Petrucci rejecting Roma's offer, with the Old Trafford club reportedly offering highly increased wages and the prospect of a house in Manchester so that the player can move along with his family.

In Italy, clubs are not required to sign players to a professional contract before they turn nineteen, however, Roma had made an exception with Petrucci specifically to prevent foreign clubs from poaching their young talent.

However, the youngster has turned down Roma’s offer in order to consider his options and await any other potential offers for his services, following contact between his agent and United.

The relationship between Serie A clubs with those in the Premier League is already strained after English clubs were criticised for persistently exploiting regulations in their favour to try to sign young Italian players.

Petrucci’s situation is extremely similar to those that saw United sign ex-Parma youngster Giuseppe Rossi and Arsenal add Arturo Lupoli before they could legally sign a professional deal in Italy.

Roma are determined to take a hard line against the player, and Petrucci has been left out of training for the previous three days, much like Pique was at Barcelona before he left for Old Trafford - just before he turned 16.

goal.com

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Wenger

"I am confident we can keep Hleb"

this one was was directed to Inter,roughly translated "You can not get in the coming days and buy it, you might also end up in court and risk a disqualification if things are not done as it should"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)