[ENG] Premiership 2007/2008 (8 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Watching Villa-Portsmouth ATM, 0:2 at HT. Muntari scored a nice goal but overall the match is horrible, a true long ball fiesta. Don't know why all these people came to see it. They'd be better off renting a good, long rugby pitch and kicking the ball up and down the field themselves. Whoever kicks it further, wins.
how was melberg?

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
mellberg was never mentioned by the commentators, actually once, when he said that Juve were linked to him, apart from that quiet. The whole defence got owned by Portsmouth defence, but when you have a goaler like Carson i doubt you can be too confident

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
mellberg was never mentioned by the commentators, actually once, when he said that Juve were linked to him, apart from that quiet. The whole defence got owned by Portsmouth defence, but when you have a goaler like Carson i doubt you can be too confident
thats a bit harsh imo...you're looking at the croatia game only..he's actually a pretty talented goalkeeper

Esteban

Mar 6, 2005
That was the worst Arsenal performance I have ever seen. What the fuck was that? They couldn't string 3 passes together. Are Hleb, Fabregas and/or Van Persie coming back for next week's Chelsea clash or what?
Because without at least one of the first two they are doomed.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Completely agreed mate...we were downright terrible..the worst performance since Anfield last season.

We were very disorganized and the midfield was a mess..we were playing hopeless long balls to the extremely useless Adebayor..and our defence was shambles..i thought we deserved to lose by a bigger margin.

IMO absences cant be counted as an excuse today..we fielded four full fledged internationals in: Gilberto(Brazil Captain), Diarra (France Starter) , Rosicky (Czech captain) Eboue(Ivory Coast Starter)...the fact that they were overrun by an average Boro midfield was ashaming.

Heres my take on our players today.

Almunia 6: He wasnt at fault for any of the goals today..was pretty solid when called upon

Sagna 5 Couldnt really deal with Downing, and he didnt offer shit in attack..very dissapointing game by him.

Toure 5 Gave away a pointless penalty, Aliadere run circles around him today..i also hated the fact that he was playing long balls all game long

Gallas 6 was solid and had to put up with Toures basic positioning mistakes

Clichy 5.5 left a lot of gaps behind and he offered virtually nothing going forward.

Gilberto 5 didnt do much wrong, but didnt do much right either..his passing and composure on the ball are both terrible..but he wasnt bad defensively

Diarra 4 kept giving balls away..and chased shadows all game long..was outclassed and outplayed by Rochemback

Rosicky 5 he was supposed to step up today with Cesc and Hleb out..but all he did was misplacing passes all game long

Eboue 4.5 was he even playing?? he was a passenger today..terrible performance

Eduardo 3.5 When will he ever adapt..he was always showing promising signs..but its December already..promise wont do..its time to deliver..something he hasnt looked close in doing in the EPL.

Adebayor 0.5 His first touch is non existent..and he's in his own comfort zone now..thinking that with RVP out, he cant be benched...Bentdner should get his chance after this horror show from Adebayor.

Esteban

Mar 6, 2005
Completely agreed mate...we were downright terrible..the worst performance since Anfield last season.

We were very disorganized and the midfield was a mess..we were playing hopeless long balls to the extremely useless Adebayor..and our defence was shambles..i thought we deserved to lose by a bigger margin.

IMO absences cant be counted as an excuse today..we fielded four full fledged internationals in: Gilberto(Brazil Captain), Diarra (France Starter) , Rosicky (Czech captain) Eboue(Ivory Coast Starter)...the fact that they were overrun by an average Boro midfield was ashaming.
But Arsenal's whole offensive game revolves around Hleb and Fabregas. Without those two, you are half a team. That is only my layman's opinion of course. :D

Agree on Adebayor but also Eduardo. What the hell is with him? I have rarely seen him make one useful move on the pitch.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
But Arsenal's whole offensive game revolves around Hleb and Fabregas. Without those two, you are half a team. That is only my layman's opinion of course. :D

Agree on Adebayor but also Eduardo. What the hell is with him? I have rarely seen him make one useful move on the pitch.
Its Boro FFS:( i mean i know how important Hleb and Cesc are..but if a couple of injuries can stop us from beating the 18th placed team in the league, then maybe we dont deserve to win it.

northbank

Mar 22, 2006
That was a pathetic display. Lots of problems there and these players should think about donating this weeks wages to charity because they haven't earned it.

I think wenger got the selection wrong but even so, these guys have got to do better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)