[ENG] Premiership 2007/2008 (10 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
If im not wrong, Pool havent scored against Man Yoo in Anfield for 4 years or smth like that. I watched Arsenal game and was pretty impressed by Flamini`s performance. That guy is just crazy crazy :) Also Cesc really pissed me off, he was in same level Lampard was (0), made stupid fouls on players, like the one in the end on Cashley, it was sooo ugly. Ok, A.Cole is a fucking wanker etc, but u cant foul like that from behind, it was pure red. Also the ref was mediocre. Too bad Terry is injured for 6 weeks, cant remember which gunner made that foul on him, but 3 broked bones sounds serious.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Looking at the Xmas fixtures, I think it is just crazy. I never believe these things are random. Just compare what Arsenal have to go thru compared to Man United and Liverpool.

Just unfair

Festive fixtures:

Arsenal

Saturday 22nd December, home to Tottenham

Wednesday 26th December, away to Portsmouth

Saturday 29th December, away to Everton

Tuesday 1st January, home to West Ham

Chelsea

Sunday 23rd December, away to Blackburn

Wednesday 26th December, home to Aston Villa

Saturday 29th December, home to Newcastle

Tuesday 1st January, away to Fulham

Manchester United

Sunday 23rd December, home to Everton

Wednesday 26th December, away to Sunderland

Saturday 29th December, away to West Ham

Tuesday 1st January, home to Birmingham

Liverpool

Saturday 22nd December, home to Portsmouth

Wednesday 26th December, away to Derby

Sunday 30th December, away to Man City

Wednesday 2nd January, home to Wigan
Yes it is going to be a difficult month..i believe this is where we show whether we deserve to win the league or not..if we come out of this on top of the EPL..i'm positive we can win the league..Its time for our young team to step up and prove the critics wrong.

But we traditionally dont do well against Everton in Goodison Park..IMO that game will be crucial..

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
If im not wrong, Pool havent scored against Man Yoo in Anfield for 4 years or smth like that. I watched Arsenal game and was pretty impressed by Flamini`s performance. That guy is just crazy crazy :) Also Cesc really pissed me off, he was in same level Lampard was (0), made stupid fouls on players, like the one in the end on Cashley, it was sooo ugly. Ok, A.Cole is a fucking wanker etc, but u cant foul like that from behind, it was pure red. Also the ref was mediocre. Too bad Terry is injured for 6 weeks, cant remember which gunner made that foul on him, but 3 broked bones sounds serious.
I think Fabregas just fouled Cole to prevent a counter attack, rather than to hurt him.

It was nasty but it was a yellow, not a red.

Sep 19, 2006
Yes it is going to be a difficult month..i believe this is where we show whether we deserve to win the league or not..if we come out of this on top of the EPL..i'm positive we can win the league..Its time for our young team to step up and prove the critics wrong.

But we traditionally dont do well against Everton in Goodison Park..IMO that game will be crucial..
Le Boss can:pint: !

With the return of Cesc & Van Persie,I think Arsenal can beat anyone.
I am really admiring ur team & I hope they can win the title coz this will only show that it is not about money.

Forza Arsene Wenger

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Everton are a pretty tough nut to crack in their backyard..and Porstmouth has a very good team this season..so they both are extremely hard away games.

But in all fairness, Chelsea go away to Blackburn and the Scousers go away to Man City..and they both are hard games too

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
Chelsea also play Newcastle,who've found some form,and Villa,who've been pretty decent this season.So in all fairness,they probably have the toughest job of the lot.Both matches are at home,but still.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Chelsea also play Newcastle,who've found some form,and Villa,who've been pretty decent this season.So in all fairness,they probably have the toughest job of the lot.Both matches are at home,but still.
you said it yourself..they're at home..imo matches at home against teams outside the top 4 arent that difficult..for me, they should always equal 3 points

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Part of that statement is incorrect as Newcastle have not found any form.

They were fortunate to beat Birmingham (at home) and Birmingham are not world beaters, the Fulham game was dull and should have finished 0-0 if not for a complete rush of blood form a 19 year old in 2 min of extra time and they don't stand a chance at Stamford Bridge.

Villa are decent and nothing more than that, in fact I now believe that Martin O'Neill is grossly overrated. He can motivate and that is about it, tactically he is way too lacking and I fully expected Villa to be better than this.

Arsenal have 2 London derbies and 2 difficult away fixtures against 2 of the surprise packages this season in a small period of time.

Chelsea play Fulham away, though a derby, shoulld not be as difficult as facing West ham or Spurs

But Liverpool and Man United have a relatively easy ride

northbank

Mar 22, 2006
It's okay, we had a relatively easy start to the season, so things even out. The christmas fixtures are always difficult because there are so many games in a short time but if you can take nine points from the twelve available, you have done a good job.

We'll see how we can do.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
in normal circumstances 9 out of 12 is good, but the Mancs are most probably going to win all their games, so i'm afraid 9 points isnt good enough at the moment.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Good read as always Dennis.

We were poor in this game, our passing and movement were average today, and neither Hleb nor Cesc turned the creativity switch on..i thought Flamini was very good..working his socks off as usual, and making a couple of good tackles..Almunia saved the day for us..and after his Chelsea performance and his PK save against the Spuds, has really made me to reconsider my opinion on him..he has really stepped up in the past few weeks..Rosicky was probably the only spark in our midfield..he was lively and Tainio just couldnt handle him..but MOM for me has to be Clichy..the guy kept Lennon in his pocket..and he is improving by every game..Great fullback and one of my favourite Arsenal players..Adebayor worked hard..and that was a cool finish..very Henry-esque.

Some Arsenal fan on another Forum:

Laws of Nature:

Water is wet

Earth goes round the sun

1 + 1 = 2

Arsenal beat the spuds

:spliff:

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Barcelona technical secretary Txiki Bergiristain is allegedly on the trail of Arsenal ace Alexander Hleb, of whom he is a massive fan...

The 26-year-old Arsenal midfielder is apparently near the top of Camp Nou technical secretary Txiki Bergiristain's shopping list ahead of the New Yaer as he looks to add more technical ability to the midfield.

Hleb can play on both sides of the pitch, generally in an attacking role, and has become an increasingly important fixture in the Arsenal side since his arrival from Stuttgart.

Additionally, Sport points out that he's a close friend of another Barcelona target, Francesc 'Cesc' Fabregas, who is full of praise for his teammate.

"Within two or three years he'll be among the best five players in the world," said Cesc of the Belarussian.

"He has qualities that few other players share. I work with him every day and I know what he's capable of."

Hleb is seen as more of a provider than a goalscorer, which could fit in well with Barcelona's three-pronged attacking model.

Steve Michaels, Goal.com

-----------------------------------------------------------

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=522893

Barca should feck off..what are we their feeder club or something? Plus its not like they lack what hleb will bring them...they need someone more direct, not another playmaker.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
yeah i hope so..but knowing your team..they didnt need henry but they still bought him...reason cant be used when talking about barcelona.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

i think henry was bought for marketing reasons like beckham in real.
Just to show I'm not a heartless prick...+rep

That post actually had:
- your own opinion
- objectivity
- it made some sense

Okay, I probably still came off as a prick but hey, you got the +rep. Keep it up. :tup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)