[ENG] Premier League 2015/2016 (23 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I can't say I'm much of a Ranieri fan (bcuz of his spell with us) but this just broke my heart.
So hopefully they'll win the PL in a week's time. That would be such a beautiful day thinking about all the magnificent fans these small teams have.
The ranieri that took newly promoted juventus straight to a 3rd and 2nd place behind an inter with 3x the quality ahead of for example, beat real madrid twice and got an unfair exit out of the R016 ?

After whom we merely managed 2 7th places ?

That Ranieri ?

How exactly are you hating him ?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
And he didn't have Marotta creating such a wonderful team for him but an idiot like Secco ruining the team he already had
Ranieri basically got the stripped squat that got back from serie b. Which was the old guard and some filler. And some youngsters.

He took that straight to 3rd and 2nd place, while barely getting any real improvement. Look at what Secco bought, and its seriously utter crap. He got Amauri in the second season tho.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Good stuff @King of Kings , great post :tup:

And that follow-up post was pretty spot on too; "a very, very odd group" :lol:
I was trying to be diplomatic. I really wasn't quite sure how best to describe us :lol:

WE are so fucked up, but there is so much love :heart:

I hope he joins. That would be so cool

donpiero

Stella D'Argento
Jul 3, 2009
The ranieri that took newly promoted juventus straight to a 3rd and 2nd place behind an inter with 3x the quality ahead of for example, beat real madrid twice and got an unfair exit out of the R016 ?

That Ranieri ?

Talks about newly promoted Juventus like it was full of nobodies.
That Juve still had DP, Gigi, Nedved, Trez, Camo, Chiello, Brindelli, so a decent core was there (Alex ended as the league topscorer that year). It wasn't that much of a feat to make that team end top three.

Look, Ranieri's a decent coach, one who won't make your team look bad but he lacks that extra edge to go all the way. And imo it's down to his lack of man-management. So it's no wonder that when he's finally about to achieve something it's with a minnow. He just can't handle big players. And it was obvious in his last year here too (DP, Camo, Nedved, showing signs of dissatisfaction with the way he's managing the team).

Compare that to Conte's first year here. The team he had at his disposal also had a good core but was certainly lackluster at many departments. It was also coming from a back to back seventh place with a crushed self-esteem, but he made them outperform (Giaccherini, Pazienza, Matri, Estigarribia...)

So, although what happened at the Ranieri years here was not merely his fault (we had a dumbfvck like Secco to make a mess of everything), but for me he lacks that extra spark which makes a great manager.

Juvellino

Mar 19, 2015
Damn...

This post, from an old Leicester fan on their forums:

"First watched city in 1964, went to all the home games for many years, went to every game in 1969 home and away , when City did the famous double - lost the cup final. and got relegated - (except cup final itself) Liverpool replay anyone? Windows smashed on bus on way home, bloody freezing, but still managed school next day.all on a paper boy's money. Went to college moved to Nottingham, have taken daughters to watch City when I can. Dying of prostate cancer, haven't been able to see City for 2 years, but this has been the best thing in my life ever. Just need to hang on in there for a few more weeks! Love the forum, keep the faith. Love to all. X"

:sad:

http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/topic/105792-have-i-died-and-gone-to-heaven/
Forza Leicester City

Forza Claudio Ranieri

Forza ilam :heart:

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
That Juve still had DP, Gigi, Nedved, Trez, Camo, Chiello, Brindelli, so a decent core was there (Alex ended as the league topscorer that year). It wasn't that much of a feat to make that team end top three.

Look, Ranieri's a decent coach, one who won't make your team look bad but he lacks that extra edge to go all the way. And imo it's down to his lack of man-management. So it's no wonder that when he's finally about to achieve something it's with a minnow. He just can't handle big players. And it was obvious in his last year here too (DP, Camo, Nedved, showing signs of dissatisfaction with the way he's managing the team).

Compare that to Conte's first year here. The team he had at his disposal also had a good core but was certainly lackluster at many departments. It was also coming from a back to back seventh place with a crushed self-esteem, but he made them outperform (Giaccherini, Pazienza, Matri, Estigarribia...)

So, although what happened at the Ranieri years here was not merely his fault (we had a dumbfvck like Secco to make a mess of everything), but for me he lacks that extra spark which makes a great manager.
Whatever he lacked in man management skills he must have fixed if he is getting players like Morgan and Drinkwater to perform like world champions. What he is doing is a man management miracle.

England can seriously benefit from using a Licester core in the Euros complemented by sturridge, Kane and Alli

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
So what do you guys think, will leicester become emergent continental power or will they just disappear to mediocrity (even possibly back to being minnows) in following seasons?
No idea, to tell you the truth. If they pull this off, they will forever be in the history books. They can worry about the rest of the stuff later.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
I don't think they'll be able to keep this up, unless they get bought out. It'd be nice to see more teams have a chance of winning in the sport though, it's too monopolized as it is.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
So what do you guys think, will leicester become emergent continental power or will they just disappear to mediocrity (even possibly back to being minnows) in following seasons?
I think it depends on what they do in the summer. If they can convince their players to stay and continue the fairy tale in the CL then they will be a good team. I think in the coming seasons we will realize that a lot of their players turned out to be good and this season's form is not a one season wonder. I expect Vardy, Mahrez, Kante, Morgan, Fuchs, Huth and Drinkwater to be good reliable players in the future with Mahrez and Kante possibly becoming top level players. These two I expect to continue to improve while everyone else will regress but only by a little bit. They will be good squad players like Milner, Barry, Henderson, Skrtel etc.. but not top level players.

Having said that, if lester keeps their squad and makes more smart additions I think they can finish in the top 4 or Europa positions. I really doubt they will become relegation battlers all of a sudden. Still thats a huge improvement for their club's status. They will have to reinforce in the summer too but by making smart cheap signings with thorough scouting of players with potential rather than buying top ready players. If they go for star players, that might ruin their cohesion and collective group mentality and so they should make sure they buy hardworking young talents that are looking to prove themselves rather than under-performing stars. Giacherrini, UTD's Valencia and Candreva would be great additions imo all of which are very hardworking and never complain.

If they do sell their stars from this season for big money then I think they will become a better version of QPR (because ranieri is a good coach). That is unless they manage to convince some guaranteed star player like Ibra to lead the team. Say they manage to get 150 mill for Vardy, Kante and Mahrez then they will have to settle for the underperforming stars or veterans or bosmans like Pato, Balo, Jovetic, Kovacic, Alonso, Banega, Caceres, Carrick, Ivanovic, Van Der Weil whoever is willing to take a pay-cut. Otherwise it will be very difficult to find a new Vardy,Kante or Mahrez that the other teams wont snap up first.

Its a very interesting Dilemma, Lester's formula for this season was to rely on cheap unknowns and get them to work as a team but if history is any guide it is extremely improbable that they can do that miracle twice and the risk is becoming a minnow again. On the other hand, if you go for more established players who are more likely to perform at a high level then you betray the lester-specific winning formula and you risk becoming QPR. Tough choice. Would you stay faithful to what worked only for you against all odds or would you take the more safe route. I would do a little bit of both. Let one player go at the very most (Vardy) and reinforce with more established quality. but the core must remain the same team that won. Too many sales and the group identity might disappear.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010

DP and Gigi were still starring. Nedved was slowing down as he was allready 34, still very good, but not like before calciopoli. Cammoranesi was excellent, when he was not injured, which he was often. Trezeguet was great in the first, and injured in the second.
Chiellini still growing and playing leftback in season one, and gradually got better as a centreback in season two. There were higher reputed cb's in serie a however. Untill he was called up to the euro's, where he replaced the injured cannavaro(he did that), and absolutely exploded. That spain game beeing his best for quite a while
Birindelli was completely past it, which is why he was a bench before calciopoli, and retired after Ranieri's first season.

Sure, it had talent, but it was aging. The front two were top notch. The wings were aging/injured alot. Chiellini was growing and buffon was in the goal. Central midfield, winger replacement and defence in general were pretty damn poor.

"wasent much of a feat"

Inter had a wealth of talent, and kept beeing untouchable in the scudetto
Milan had recently won a champions league
Roma had a team significantly better then today's

yes, top 3 and top 2 were huge.

Carlos Primera

Il Vecchio Signore
Mar 29, 2009

That Ranieri ?

I look at that that 08-09 season fondly. Unexpectedly topped our CL group with Madrid in it (DP turned back the clock to '98 when he destroyed them), We were within touching distance of Inter most of that season until we kept dropping points around March/April if I remember correctly. It was around that time that Ranieri became quite unpopular on this forum. This fickle bunch are loving him now with the magic he's doing for Leicester, but his thread was really toxic around that point in time :lol:. By the time he was replaced by Ciro, it was kind of like putting a lathered horse out of its misery. I myself thought he made those bunch of players we had punch above their weight, given the squads limitations. Made a lot of people here est shit a season later when he ran Inter close while at Roma. Who knows, we probably would not have endured that disastrous '09-'10 season if he was at the helm instead of Ciro/Zacherroni.

I've got nothing but respect for the guy for his humility and intelligence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 23)