[ENG] Premier League 2013/2014 (17 Viewers)

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
They haven't been lucky for the entire season, but in several games, particularly against some of the minnows. And they've been well dominated by the top teams this year. I just think they would've been unworthy winners in the end. The best team won.
The only team we didn't beat this season was Chelsea.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
They haven't been lucky for the entire season, but in several games, particularly against some of the minnows. And they've been well dominated by the top teams this year. I just think they would've been unworthy winners in the end. The best team won.
The only "title contender" well dominated by top teams this year was Arsenal.

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
Chelsea have a great defense, with the acquisition of Matic they really have a solid midfield. You can't hamstring players like Wilian and Hazard and then complain that your forwards don't score enough when playing on an island.
And I think they were great because of Mourinho. Look, before it sounds like I'm defending him. I really dislike Mourinho and I think I said it few times here :D, but praising Pellegrini and calling Mourinho a shit coach is a joke. Pellegrini took over a second place team and got some strong reinforcement in the attacking part of the team (which was much needed). Mourinho tactics (limited, yes, to a degree) definitely failed at the end, but it also got his team to the CL semi final and shot at the league title. Chelsea looked much much more like a team this year, than last year.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not disagreeing, but the same should apply if Liverpool won. Winning a title after 38 games has nothing to do with luck - you're not only playing the top teams.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
And I think they were great because of Mourinho. Look, before it sounds like I'm defending him. I really dislike Mourinho and I think I said it few times here :D, but praising Pellegrini and calling Mourinho a shit coach is a joke. Pellegrini took over a second place team and got some strong reinforcement in the attacking part of the team (which was much needed). Mourinho tactics (limited, yes, to a degree) definitely failed at the end, but it also got his team to the CL semi final and shot at the league title. Chelsea looked much much more like a team this year, than last year.
That's true, but the one thing this Chelsea squad has shown, even when they were sup par is that they can defend. That back line is tough, so for me making Chelsea defend is not something out of the ordinary. Especially when you spend 100 million on every attacking midfielder on the planet.

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
That's true, but the one thing this Chelsea squad has shown, even when they were sup par is that they can defend. That back line is tough, so for me making Chelsea defend is not something out of the ordinary. Especially when you spend 100 million on every attacking midfielder on the planet.
It's a handicap with Luiz :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)