[ENG] Premier League 2013/2014 (29 Viewers)

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
:D
Well United had 20 at the back of their jersey last yr when they won the league which signifies their 20 league titles so i was thinking along those lines.
Thanks for clarifying anyway.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
I'm more impressed with what Mourinho did with this Chelsea team.

- - - Updated - - -

How could they be lucky in an entire season? The only lucky thing for Liverpool, was not playing European football. You could also say that City winning the league title has more to do with Liverpool fucking up.
The reason Liverpool had a shot at the title (and fucked up) is because Kompany fucked up at Anfield. Otherwise it would have been smooth sailing for City all the way.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
The reason Liverpool had a shot at the title (and fucked up) is because Kompany fucked up at Anfield. Otherwise it would have been smooth sailing for City all the way.
I'm sure winning lots of matches over the course of the season had nothing to do with it.

- - - Updated - - -

They'd have won the league by five if that match was drawn :)
If Liverpool had beaten Chelsea they'd have won too.

icemaη

Aug 27, 2008
I'm sure winning lots of matches over the course of the season had nothing to do with it.

- - - Updated - - -

If Liverpool had beaten Chelsea they'd have won too.
Out of context E. I was pointing out that City didn't win just because Liverpool fucked up :)

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
Really? Seems to me that Mourinho's tactics limited what his guys could do.
He couldn't do much more with that def mid and defense. He brought the team to the CL semifinal and played for the title till the end.

- - - Updated - - -

Out of context E. I was pointing out that City didn't win just because Liverpool fucked up :)
Not what I said. I told Jem you could say, since he said City deserved the title and Liver were lucky. I don't think there's anything lucky about winning a league title.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
He couldn't do much more with that def mid and defense. He brought the team to the CL semifinal and played for the title till the end.
Chelsea have a great defense, with the acquisition of Matic they really have a solid midfield. You can't hamstring players like Wilian and Hazard and then complain that your forwards don't score enough when playing on an island.

icemaη

Aug 27, 2008

- - - Updated - - -

Not what I said. I told Jem you could say, since he said City deserved the title and Liver were lucky. I don't think there's anything lucky about winning a league title.
My bad then.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
How could they be lucky in an entire season? The only lucky thing for Liverpool, was not playing European football. You could also say that City winning the league title has more to do with Liverpool fucking up.
They haven't been lucky for the entire season, but in several games, particularly against some of the minnows. And they've been well dominated by the top teams this year. I just think they would've been unworthy winners in the end. The best team won.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 29)