[ENG] Premier League 2013/2014 (178 Viewers)

am0110

Jun 5, 2005
EPL is much faster that's why Serie A teams look better organized. Serie A is much slower and that's a big problem for Serie A sides not EPL.

How did look our defending this year in CL? To say ridiculous is not enough. That Bonucci's gift to Drogba :sergio:
THE TRUTH!

Barza, Chiello... good tactical defending, yes but in slow Serie A where you have time to position yourself properly, but when trio like Suarez, Sterling and Sturidge come at you, you can say good by to your defensive tactics and nice positioning.

And because of our "good tactical defending" we cant make a decent counter attack because we use to play it slow and nice, withsafe tactical approach, well that's fine only in Serie A

Buy on AliExpress.com

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
THE TRUTH!

Barza, Chiello... good tactical defending, yes but in slow Serie A where you have time to position yourself properly, but when trio like Suarez, Sterling and Sturidge come at you, you can say good by to your defensive tactics and nice positioning.

And because of our "good tactical defending" we cant make a decent counter attack because we use to play it slow and nice, withsafe tactical approach, well that's fine only in Serie A
Yes that's true.

I'm not defending EPL as I don't like the league in general but let's not laugh at teams that made it further in CL than us. City's defending is laughable but so was ours. In CL we showed anything but good defending and top of that very poor attacking play as well. Nothing to be happy with. It's all about pace.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Continue sucking English and Spanish dicks, my friend. :)
Call it what you want.

If you suck Italian dicks, then what's the difference? You're both suckin' someone off.
I think he mad. I don't know why though.

EPL is much faster that's why Serie A teams look better organized. Serie A is much slower and that's a big problem for Serie A sides not EPL.

How did look our defending this year in CL? To say ridiculous is not enough. That Bonucci's gift to Drogba :sergio:
Great point. It's a lot easier to "look" organized when you have all the time in the world.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Juventus, despite all the difficulties that we faced at the beginning of the season, faced a team with arguably best offense, trio consisting of CR, Bale and Benzema, and managed to cope with them just fine, even outplay them most of the time. And they're tricky and pacey mofos most would agree. It's even more notable considering that in Madrid we played most of the match without wrongly expelled Chiello and still made life very difficult for Spaniards.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
This works both ways. You play a certain way you look better in areas that are highlighted by that style of play, nothing difficult to understand here.

Back to opinions and preferences.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Juventus, despite all the difficulties that we faced at the beginning of the season, faced a team with arguably best offense, trio consisting of CR, Bale and Benzema, and managed to cope with them just fine, even outplay them most of the time. And they're tricky and pacey mofos most would agree. It's even more stunning considering that in Madrid we played most of the match without wrongly expelled Chiello and still made life very difficult for Spaniards.
The same Madrid that lost to half-team-injured BVB?

It really works both ways. In general (whole group stage) our defending was very poor. It just proves how important is pace of the game. In Serie A we're very good while in CL it was very poor.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
The same Madrid that lost to half-team-injured BVB?

It really works both ways. In general (whole group stage) our defending was very poor. It just proves how important is pace of the game. In Serie A we're very good while in CL it was very poor.
The same Madrid that trashed BVB 3-0 in the 1st leg. :)

I'm not denying that we'll have to change something for the CL, that much is evident.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
The same Madrid that trashed BVB 3-0 in the 1st leg. :)

I'm not denying that we'll have to change something for the CL, that much is evident.
And I'm not denying Madrid's class. If BVB could we could have won at home too. Be it ugly 1-0 from PK or anything but those 3 points would give much confidence and much better situation.

Changes are needed and I'd say major ones. This team needs more pace and ability to counter attack. Without those we'll never make any significant impact in CL.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
And I'm not denying Madrid's class. If BVB could we could have won at home too. Be it ugly 1-0 from PK or anything but those 3 points would give much confidence and much better situation.
What I'm saying is that BVB looked completely wrecked in their first match, outplayed, Madrid had created gazillion chances, while in both our encounters they had very few, while obvious blunders were made, firstly by the ref for wrongly expelling Chiello and then Cacares in the 2nd match with that ridiculous backward pass straight to CR. That 2nd match was most important for us, as we were leading 1-0, looked good on the pitch, controlling the game and then bam, moment of idiocy undermined our CL season. Our defense looked organized, rarely stretched or exposed and giving very little space for Madrid forwards to operate.

Changes are needed and I'd say major ones. This team needs more pace and ability to counter attack. Without those we'll never make any significant impact in CL.
Agree about the changes, but I don't think we'll need major ones. We have some gaps to fill, but our team is more than capable for competing with the very best out there.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Our defense is organized despite all goals against Real Madrid coming from defensive blunders, yet Kompany fails to clear the ball and he's not good enough for midtable Serie A teams. :lol:

DelPiero84 logic.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Our defense is organized despite all goals against Real Madrid coming from defensive blunders, yet Kompany fails to clear the ball and he's not good enough for midtable Serie A teams. :lol:

DelPiero84 logic.
It happens when your backup player, who at that time got very little playing time btw, needs to replace absolute champion like Lichtsteiner. Johnson and Sakho are Pool's regulars and it is not just blunders in today's match that I noticed, but complete lack of awareness by the mentioned duo. Same for Kompany, mediocre defender at best.

Defensive blunder committed by Cacares had very little to do with organization. If by any chance Madrid's midfielders, Modrić or Alonso, managed to make countless of killer passes that would split our defense then we might rethink and question our organization, but that rarely happened.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
What I'm saying is that BVB looked completely wrecked in their first match, outplayed, Madrid had created gazillion chances, while in both our encounters they had very few, while obvious blunders were made, firstly by the ref for wrongly expelling Chiello and then Cacares in the 2nd match with that ridiculous backward pass straight to CR. That 2nd match was most important for us, as we were leading 1-0, looked good on the pitch, controlling the game and then bam, moment of idiocy undermined our CL season. Our defense looked organized, rarely stretched or exposed and giving very little space for Madrid forwards to operate.

Agree about the changes, but I don't think we'll need major ones. We have some gaps to fill, but our team is more than capable for competing with the very best out there.
We fucked up the match vs Madrid at home not only due to Caceres' mistake. It has its roots deeper than that. Change of formation just for one specific match vs Madrid did as much good as well as bad IMO. When you face them (top teams) you have to play something you know very well because in those matches basic habits play important role. We weren't used to 433 because last time we used it was almost a year before at the time (I don't count the matches when we were trailing the scoreline and used it for 10 - 15 minutes).

At the end of the day our defending was very poor in CL due to pace of the game. CL proved it well enough. We simply couldn't cope with it. If go as we are to CL again I expect another early exit tbh.

About changes: what do you mean by saying "some gaps to fill"?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 178)