[ENG] Premier League 2013/2014 (118 Viewers)

Jul 1, 2010
AVB could still become a good coach, his treble campaign with Porto was quite impressive. However, he made the worst choice possible by going to Chelsea and expectations were also high at Tottenham. He still has a lot to learn.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Yeah, he's still an interesting coach.

Do feel a little sorry for him as he's landed in tough situations at Chelsea and Spurs, but I can't blame Spurs for sacking him just now.

As much as a coach needs time to put together almost a whole new team and way of playing - as is the situation at Spurs this season - you do need to show signs of things progressing.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
yeah, spurs were pretty abysmal. suarez scored more than their entire team in less games played. they had trouble scoring last year too so idk if it's a coach problem.

Gabriel

Killed By Death
May 23, 2010
Those days when he was the absolute glamour choice for the Juve job...

BTW I read that Chelsea are still paying Di Matteo £130,000 p/w 'gardening leave'. €15m for a coach. What a club.
15m for a champs league title, i'd take it imo. :D

AVB found out again as the mediocre coach he is, dude is way too rigid. Roman got that sacking right.

Mus™

Mar 16, 2009
AVB could still become a good coach, his treble campaign with Porto was quite impressive. However, he made the worst choice possible by going to Chelsea and expectations were also high at Tottenham. He still has a lot to learn.
He put a huge target on his head saying he will retire and go race cars soon, he's no longer going to be viewed as a young coach with potential to improve because he won't be around for long enough to reap the rewards of growing him

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
His treble is impressive but lets keep in mind that it was Portugal. The Portuguese league is nothing more than the Scottish league, his successor didn't do a much lesser job than him in the league whereas AVB had Hulk, James and Falcao, with that front trio you'll always be favorites for the EL.

I'm sad to see AVB go in some ways, it was the right thing to do considering the team was horrible but people discard the fact that Spurs had achieved their record points with AVB in charge. You sell Bale, their best player and sign 10 new unknown players and you are in a proces of rebuilding, the very least you could have is patience. I don't think any elite side, like Tottenham, will give AVB a chance. He'll need to start from the bottom now but I've got faith in him. Considering AVB is all about positive football, I hope he'll give Spain a chance.

I think Baldini should be given the sack too. Bar Lamela and Paulinho, I'd say all his signings were failures to start with.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Spurs has too many like midfielders, not enough defenders, and wingers that don't know their role. Will be interesting to see who takes over.

Pablo

Jul 9, 2010
Spurs made signings, just for the sake of it.

2 big signings would have done them.

4 players they got shut of, would be better than what the purchased.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 118)