[ENG] Premier League 2013/2014 (11 Viewers)

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Sooner or later, they're going to have to spend. With all Wenger's faults, you cannot deny that with the resources he's had, with the players at his disposal and the net money spent, its quite an achievement that he's still among the top four every season. However, the first thing that needs to change is our wage structure, we do not pay top players enough money tbh, inevitably they end up leaving.

If Wenger leaves by the end of next season, he'll leave behind him such a limited, uninspiring team that i really pity whomever comes after him. Unless the club spends big in the summer and brings in 3-4 top quality players. Even then I don't think it would be enough to win the league though, as we have terrible depth. However at least we stand a chance in cup trophies then imo.

Would not be enough. Are Fellaini and Rooney any upgrade over recent departures such as RVP and Cesc? I don't think so.

That being said; it would be a massive upgrade over the current extremely mediocre team.

The club recently announced that they were releasing Arshavin, Denilson and Squillachi. Long overdue, they should have done that ages ago. Now we need to get rid of the likes of Diaby, Bendter and co. The mere existence of such players in the club is a sign of lack of ambition.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Sooner or later, they're going to have to spend. With all Wenger's faults, you cannot deny that with the resources he's had, with the players at his disposal and the net money spent, its quite an achievement that he's still among the top four every season. However, the first thing that needs to change is our wage structure, we do not pay top players enough money tbh, inevitably they end up leaving.

If Wenger leaves by the end of next season, he'll leave behind him such a limited, uninspiring team that i really pity whomever comes after him. Unless the club spends big in the summer and brings in 3-4 top quality players. Even then I don't think it would be enough to win the league though, as we have terrible depth. However at least we stand a chance in cup trophies then imo.

Would not be enough. Are Fellaini and Rooney any upgrade over recent departures such as RVP and Cesc? I don't think so.

That being said; it would be a massive upgrade over the current extremely mediocre team.

The club recently announced that they were releasing Arshavin, Denilson and Squillachi. Long overdue, they should have done that ages ago. Now we need to get rid of the likes of Diaby, Bendter and co. The mere existence of such players in the club is a sign of lack of ambition.
Meanwhile at Juventus...

:D

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Arsenal arent as poor and cash stripped as they are made out to be. Look up the salaries they pay there for really mediocre players and you'll notice that they spend a lot of money on salaries.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
I still do not understand to this day, the reasoning behind that move. However credit to Conte, he found out early how shit Bendtner was, and barely gave him a sniff :D
Actually just when he got some game time, he injured himself. Luckily for us, of course.

Arsenal arent as poor and cash stripped as they are made out to be. Look up the salaries they pay there for really mediocre players and you'll notice that they spend a lot of money on salaries.
:agree: Their problem isn't that they don't spend money, it's that they don't spend big money on big players (wages to be exact).

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
The highest salary we pay is for Walcott 130k a week; in comparison to what United, City and Chelsea pay their top players, it really isn't much.

We aren't poor by any means. However we barely spend any money, there must be a reason for that, don't you think?

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Reporter: Kevin-Prince Boateng to Chelsea?

Jose Mourinho: We want footballers, not models. Last year he had more haircuts than goals scored.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)