Endless Summer Mercato 2016 (11 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
i like Lukaku but wouldnt give up Alvaro for him
No money involved just straight swap. You still wouldn't do it?

- - - Updated - - -

exactly as i previously wrote EPL= 100% pure counter attacking football. Enjoyable on for viewers but a different sport compared to Serie A.
Those strikers , even if the lvl dropped a lot, would have a hard time scoring as much as they do in EPL. That's why i've never seen with good eyes those players brought up there coming in Italy. 90% were a total fail.
So you expect Lukaku, Vardy and Kane to struggle more in Serie A than the likes of Luca Toni (40 years old) and Immobile who topped the goal scoring charts:lol:

Jun 6, 2015
So you expect Lukaku, Vardy and Kane to struggle more in Serie A than the likes of Luca Toni (40 years old) and Immobile who topped the goal scoring charts:lol:
Toni and Immobile are exactly the kind of strikers that thrive in Serie A so saying that because they have succeeded here everybody should doesn't make any sense.

However when it comes to Lukaku and Kane I think both would make it in Serie A. Tottenham and Everton dominate posession in most of their games and they have been able to score neverteless. Especially Lukaku can be very dangerous in a possesion based football with his ability in the box.

On Vardy I'm not sure yet as Leicester use him to his strenghts and he's yet to have a full season of top class play under him.

viking1897

Oct 28, 2012
Juventus 2016/17 343

Cavani CF
Dybala SS
Morata LWF
Cuadrado RWM
Pogba CM
Fabregas DM
Darmian LB
Chiellini CB
Bonucci CB
Benatia CB
Buffon GK

Sub:
Storari GK
Barzagli CB
Tonelli CB
Rugani CB
Lichtsteiner RWB
Sandro RWB
Lemina DM
Marchisio CM
Saponara AM
Di Massimo LWF
Mandzukic CF

Audero GK
Romagma CB
Matiello RB
Mandragora DM
Vitale CM
Moise Kean CF

Treble Winner :tup:

Out:
Netto €12M
Caceres
Evra
Asamoah €15M
Padoin €7M
Lemina
Sturaro €18M
Hernanes €10M
Pereyra €17M
Zaza €24M
Coman €30M
Total: €133M

In:
Cavani €35M
Fabregas €28M
Saponara €21M
Benatia €20M
Tonelli €12M
Storari
Total: €118M

+€15

FM 2016 :lol:

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Cavani and Isco are pipe dreams. They will leave for 50M + offers, demand stellar salaries, and will probably choose leagues considered to be more attractive.

We should focus on retaining our best young players, and keep growing steadily. We will have to increase at least the salaries of 3 of them (Pogba, for staying, Dybala, for the season he had, and Morata, also for staying), we will have to pay to keep Morata. It's not going to be much money left if we keep these guys.

Priorities:

1 - Keep Dybala
2 - Keep Pogba
3 - Keep Morata (paying 20m for him should do it)

Also, I feel we are obliged to invest in Berardi. We just can't let the opportunity go. He has to be signed, and that's another 25M. Even if he fails completely, we can easily fetch back 60 or 70% of the value in 1 year. He will have to work out as a SS.

Cuadrado, I'd like to keep him, but I'm pretty sure we don't have an agreement for his price and Conte won't let him go, no way. So no Cuadrado, replace him with Berardi.

As much as I love Zaza, 5 strikers with Berardi will be just too much. I'm afraid we'll have to sell him so other positions can be improved. He'll have suitors from EPL. Neto is also a guy who has value and can be sold to make some money. I don't think they really consider him for Buffon's replacement.

In: Morata (20M), Berardi (25M), Lemina (10M), young promising AM/creative CM (15M), Vrsalko (15M), Tonelli (12M), Marchetti (free).
Out: Zaza (25M), Cuadrado (end of loan), Hernanes (free), Caceres (free), Neto (10M).
Net expenditure: around 60M.

Starting team: the same as today's - 352. But rotate much more next season, play Rugani, keep midfielders fresh.

Bench: Marchetti, Vrsalko, Tonelli, Rugani, Evra, Lemina, Asamoah, Sturaro, Pereyra, new AM/CM, Berardi, Morata.
So.. Lets say you have 50M to spend on 1 forward - Would you spend that 50M on Morata?
There are such better ways to do with the 50M than spending it on Morata! (Morata can help the buildup but he is far from a clinical scorer - Its like saying Morata is better than Higauin which is seriously laughable)

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
No money involved just straight swap. You still wouldn't do it?
no

- - - Updated - - -

Cavani and Isco are pipe dreams. They will leave for 50M + offers, demand stellar salaries, and will probably choose leagues considered to be more attractive.

We should focus on retaining our best young players, and keep growing steadily. We will have to increase at least the salaries of 3 of them (Pogba, for staying, Dybala, for the season he had, and Morata, also for staying), we will have to pay to keep Morata. It's not going to be much money left if we keep these guys.

Priorities:

1 - Keep Dybala
2 - Keep Pogba
3 - Keep Morata (paying 20m for him should do it)

Also, I feel we are obliged to invest in Berardi. We just can't let the opportunity go. He has to be signed, and that's another 25M. Even if he fails completely, we can easily fetch back 60 or 70% of the value in 1 year. He will have to work out as a SS.

Cuadrado, I'd like to keep him, but I'm pretty sure we don't have an agreement for his price and Conte won't let him go, no way. So no Cuadrado, replace him with Berardi.

As much as I love Zaza, 5 strikers with Berardi will be just too much. I'm afraid we'll have to sell him so other positions can be improved. He'll have suitors from EPL. Neto is also a guy who has value and can be sold to make some money. I don't think they really consider him for Buffon's replacement.

In: Morata (20M), Berardi (25M), Lemina (10M), young promising AM/creative CM (15M), Vrsalko (15M), Tonelli (12M), Marchetti (free).
Out: Zaza (25M), Cuadrado (end of loan), Hernanes (free), Caceres (free), Neto (10M).
Net expenditure: around 60M.

Starting team: the same as today's - 352. But rotate much more next season, play Rugani, keep midfielders fresh.

Bench: Marchetti, Vrsalko, Tonelli, Rugani, Evra, Lemina, Asamoah, Sturaro, Pereyra, new AM/CM, Berardi, Morata.
so hes gonna return to Chelsea to sit on the bench for Willian when hes a starter here? i doubt it

- - - Updated - - -

yet you still somehow managed to bench Alex Sandro, Marchisio and Barzagli

- - - Updated - - -

So.. Lets say you have 50M to spend on 1 forward - Would you spend that 50M on Morata?
There are such better ways to do with the 50M than spending it on Morata! (Morata can help the buildup but he is far from a clinical scorer - Its like saying Morata is better than Higauin which is seriously laughable)
absolutely

JuveID

Allegri and Beppe Mania
Feb 5, 2015
Who can we buy for 50m over 3 years and offering him 3,2 m / year?

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Who can we buy for 50m over 3 years and offering him 3,2 m / year?
1. This Marseille guy should cost less
2. Cavani would probably cost a bit more in wages but we will get a much better goalscorer
3. Dembele isnt 50M and isnt exactly a forward but would provide great help
4. Lukaku although not sure I`d like to spend that much on him...
5. Sanchez (isnt exactly a pure forward as he is a Dybala kind of player but still be better than Moratta)
6. I`m sure I could think of many more options if I take some time to think about that question!
People forget that Moratta isnt exactly the clinical type and we could have been much more lethal with a proper finishing type!

piotrr

Мodеrator
Sep 13, 2011
They would probably. But where will we play this fella? He is too pricey for Marchisio sub, no?
If we want to continue playing with 3 midfielders, he would be a 4th choice here probably. It would be a very nice addition tho, since he would be able to replace any of Pogba-Marchisio-Khedira.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
So many freaking good French players nowadays. Payet, Pogba, The Grieze, Martial, Coman, Kante, Fekir, Lacazette, both Dembeles...

As opposed to Verratti, Berardi, Mandragora, Insigne...

- - - Updated - - -

Juventus have offered €25m to sign Grzegorz Krychowiak (26) from Sevilla, according to Marca.
@piotrr
Why do we need him anyway?

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
If we want to continue playing with 3 midfielders, he would be a 4th choice here probably. It would be a very nice addition tho, since he would be able to replace any of Pogba-Marchisio-Khedira.
That's true, but he is more of a holding mid then regular CM no? I like him, would be good alternative to Khedira and Marchisio, but too flattering to think he can replace Pogba.

Apr 19, 2007
I think a polihed goal scorer onl helps us if e do something o get more chances against the op teams. We dont hold the ball well enough against those teams.I like to have a guy with pace that can open those teams that press. That was contes problem. When pressed high he couldnt break the press at all and we get dominated. Morata showed us his value against Bayern and to be fair it wasnt a one game situation it happened all last year as well. He needs to be kept and worked with adapting to Serie a and finding space.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)