Endless Summer Mercato 2016 (29 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
The only year where Peak Maicon was better than Alves was when Inter won the treble.Otherwise it aint even a contest.Dont know why people overrate Maicon so much.
None really gives much importance to NT football these days because the quality is inferior to club football.At club level,he's the best fullback of this generation.

- - - Updated - - -

Heck i would take Sevilla's Dani Alves over Maicon except for one season(09-10)
I remember some La Liga fans (the overly silly ones) thinking Dani Alves was better than Maicon. Usually, you don't hear Serie A fans saying the same thing.

I talked about both club and NT footie. And people do and should care about int'l footie. Peak Dani Alves was playing at the same level for Brazil.

You seem to have a hard time distinguishing between a player being one of the best of his generation (in his peak) vs the performance level of the same player when he's past his peak.

Here's an example: Pirlo was the best regista of his generation. Do you think Pirlo is still a WC player let alone one of the best registi in the world?

Dani Alves isn't as useless Pirlo is now of course, he's a good signing and with our fitness program we'll get two good years out of him (he should be even better than 2015 Evra, Evra was clearly worse in his last season at United), but you're being incredibly naive, fanboyish, and showing lack of footie knowledge thinking and arguing that we're signing the peak Dani Alves.

Not sure what you and Hist mean by "even Sevilla." He was as good in his late Sevilla years as he was in his early Barca years. You're talking about Dani Alves at his best when you say Sevilla.

Okay so your position is that over the last ten years, he has been consistently one of the best (which was my claim that you seemed to disagree with) but in the latter part of that decade (last 3 years?) he has not been one of the best except once?

If that is your position
I'm surprised it took you multiple posts to get that, and you still aren't sure.

here is my challenge. Give me the names of 5 Rightbacks in in the last 5 years that were in one single season all better than Alves.

In otherwords, give me one season where there were 5 rightbacks ahead of him and who they were.
:howler:

I'm actually not surprised that you don't know that Dani Alves deteriorated, but I'm surprised that you're finding it really hard to believe that a 33 yo footballer is past his prime.

Answer to the silly, meant to be very difficult lol challenge:

2015-16:
- Mario Gaspar, Juanfran, and Carvajal from La Liga
- His countryman Fabinho (I can add two more names in Danilo and Bruno Peres but Fabinho easily. Danilo better with Brazil and Bruno Peres did very well with Torino, but Bruno Peres hasn't been tested at a big club.)
- The player Barca is trying to replace Dani Alves with: Bellerin
- Piszczek and Lahm from BuLi
- Aurier the Mentalist from Ligue 1

Those are the really easy picks.

I think Maicon had 3 great years. The two seasons under Mourinho he was insanely good. He then went into freefall.
:tup:

lol at some people fapping nonstop thinking we're signing the Dani Alves at his peak. :D

It's a very good signing, a good Cuadrado replacement (less of a dribbler now but can assist better), and someone who'll bring his CL experience with him, but the truly nonstop fap occasion will be if we manage to sign Mascherano from Barca.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Dani Alves was better then Maicon for most of their careers, exception being a year or two around the CL win, and when Maicon took Alves spot on the NT at the time.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Maicon is more physical train of a fullback, he looked more impressive for some due to that, European style fullback. But he never had the consistency and sheer decisive quality that Alves had. Just Alves in Sevilla was sicker then any hight Maicon reached.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
I remember some La Liga fans (the overly silly ones) thinking Dani Alves was better than Maicon. Usually, you don't hear Serie A fans saying the same thing.

I talked about both club and NT footie. And people do and should care about int'l footie. Peak Dani Alves was playing at the same level for Brazil.

You seem to have a hard time distinguishing between a player being one of the best of his generation (in his peak) vs the performance level of the same player when he's past his peak.

Here's an example: Pirlo was the best regista of his generation. Do you think Pirlo is still a WC player let alone one of the best registi in the world?

Dani Alves isn't as useless Pirlo is now of course, he's a good signing and with our fitness program we'll get two good years out of him (he should be even better than 2015 Evra, Evra was clearly worse in his last season at United), but you're being incredibly naive, fanboyish, and showing lack of footie knowledge thinking and arguing that we're signing the peak Dani Alves.

Not sure what you and Hist mean by "even Sevilla." He was as good in his late Sevilla years as he was in his early Barca years. You're talking about Dani Alves at his best when you say Sevilla.

I'm surprised it took you multiple posts to get that, and you still aren't sure.

I'm actually not surprised that you don't know that Dani Alves deteriorated, but I'm surprised that you're finding it really hard to believe that a 33 yo footballer is past his prime.

2015-16:
- His countryman Fabinho (I can add two more names in Danilo and Bruno Peres but Fabinho easily. Danilo better with Brazil and Bruno Peres did very well with Torino, but Bruno Peres hasn't been tested at a big club.)

lol at some people fapping nonstop thinking we're signing the Dani Alves at his peak. :D

It's a very good signing, a good Cuadrado replacement (less of a dribbler now but can assist better), and someone who'll bring his CL experience with him, but the truly nonstop fap occasion will be if we manage to sign Mascherano from Barca.
So you think 8 players are better than Alves this season? lol

Double lol at Gaspar and Belerin
Triple lol at freakin Aurier being better than Alves

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Maicon was a beast in this period, a unstoppable powerhouse running up and down the right flank. :agree:
He was, crazy good. But he was nowhere near that before and after that period. Otherwise he would be mentionned with Cafu, Zanetti, Alves and Lahm for that position. Lacks the longevity and top level career quality of those guys.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012

Where the fuck did i ever claim we're signing the peak Alves ? Please read posts more carefully.He's past his prime but he's still playing at an elite level,thats basically my point so he would defo be of good use.And there are some other posts with fap smiley just to rile some members up.Nothing more than that.

Go shove some of that arrogance elsewhere.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002

2015-16:

Im actually not a big fan of Alves but there is no doubt about it he is one of the best even today!
The ones you mentioned are not bad but Alves is better than most if not all of them...

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
James is not possible, he will be the most expensive sale on the coming market most likely, unless Lewandowski moves. EPL and PSG will go apeshit for James, Real will recoup most of what they spent on him despite this flop season.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009

2015-16:

:lol::lol::lol:

Mar 3, 2014
James is not possible, he will be the most expensive sale on the coming market most likely, unless Lewandowski moves. EPL and PSG will go ape$#@! for James, Real will recoup most of what they spent on him despite this flop season.
Juventus can afford to make one expensive signing. As I have shown on my numerous financial posts, it is possible. We have been looking for a #10, and James is one of the best young number 10s in the world.

We save so much money through signing players on frees that we can afford to buy one big name player. Other teams buy multiple. Also, unlike a lot of the EPL teams that want James (united), we can offer the Champions League.

Ultimately, if he goes for 60 million euro, that is worth it, given his age. You could spend 30 or 40 for Cavani, but you get him for 3-4 years. You get James, an incredibly marketable player for a decade. It is a no brainer to make the investment.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Our Mercato focuses several players, if we only needed one and got 30m for Morata, then yeah I can see us being able to consider 60m for James. But that's not the case, and also it's not guaranteed it will be enough, with competition that can throw more at him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 22)