Endless Summer Mercato 2016 (11 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 6, 2015

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Cover more? Just because he has a higher pace doesn't mean he runs or covers MORE on the pitch.

Mascherano is ten times better defensively imo and he's a wc (or was a wc player) while Sturaro is a decent bench player at most. He's type that Fiorentina wants for their starting XI.

Sturaro plays a different position compared to Mascherano and Masch is miles better with the ball at his feet.
I am not discussing Mascherano's quality, hence why I spoke about the defensive aspect or offensive one, I don't think he can add much to this Juve.

He hasn't played in his fav role since god knows when and to place him there now when he wont add much from a technical level.

And I also think Sturaro has the potential to be one of the most productive players in terms of covering the gaps, Gattuso style.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
No to Mascherano. If he likes Italy that much there are Inter and Milan for the picking, even Napoli - they might do well to swap Argentinians this summer.

He is a good player, but his best days are behind him and his aerial skills are frightening for a CB.
Mascherano is still one of the best in the world in his position even as a CB.If he comes to us,he'll play DM where he is even better.
He can easily play another 3 yrs atleast at elite level.

piotrr

Мodеrator
Sep 13, 2011
No to Mascherano. If he likes Italy that much there are Inter and Milan for the picking, even Napoli - they might do well to swap Argentinians this summer.

He is a good player, but his best days are behind him and his aerial skills are frightening for a CB.
:lol:

Mascherano is a top, top player. And only 31. Spent all season trying to cover mistakes of his teammates. Bring him here and rescue him from this CB bullshit, make him the best DM in the game again. :tuttosport:

B3N

Floro Fckin' Flores
May 16, 2010
We should return favor to barca and offer them hernanes in exchange. Finally they will have a proper replacement for xavi.

Jun 6, 2015
I am not discussing Mascherano's quality, hence why I spoke about the defensive aspect or offensive one, I don't think he can add much to this Juve.

He hasn't played in his fav role since god knows when and to place him there now when he wont add much from a technical level.

And I also think Sturaro has the potential to be one of the most productive players in terms of covering the gaps, Gattuso style.
Mascherano has played DM for Argentina constantly so that isn't a problem. He has also been the best CB for Barca for couple of years now. This is one signing that I am 100% sure would improve us.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
There is litterally no DM that has had the clear consistent top quality as him, strong defensive work and leader with good passing. It's an absolute no brainer to sign him, he is worth 3 Sturaro's.
We don't disagree here, but I am not sure where he would fit in this Juve. Khedira in-form is productive as-well and then you have Max's formation which consists of 5 or 4 midfielders Alex Sandro and Lich on the flanks, Marchisio, Lemina (Huge potential), Pogba, Khedira.

Would Mascherano accept a rotation? If yes, then I wouldn't mind.

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
@j0ker

#SKY : #Mascherano is intrigued to
the prospect of moving to #Juve +
#SereA . It'd cost Juve €30m for
wages & t/f fees

30M in both wages and transfer fees.Not too much for a player of his quality.
I only saw 30mln, didn't understand the rest so well since it was in Italian.

In that case it would be fantastic.

Hope we can pull it off.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
We don't disagree here, but I am not sure where he would fit in this Juve. Khedira in-form is productive as-well and then you have Max's formation which consists of 5 or 4 midfielders Alex Sandro and Lich on the flanks, Marchisio, Lemina (Huge potential), Pogba, Khedira.

He is better then Khedira, so it won't be an issue there in general (Marchisio would be used as B2B again prolly, where he had his best season 4 seasons ago). His level hadn't dropped, instead he has managed to do well in defence to boot so will be strong asset.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015

with marchisio's injury, we need a starter cm anyway. he's 31, he'll accept to play around 2000 minutes a year - and with khedira's injury record, i bet he could have his minutes. he's a typical juve player with his versatility: a better caceres for the defense/midfield :tuttosport:

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I think we're likely to go for more an AM.

- - - Updated - - -

It is.

Playing 5 matches a year in your fav/neutral position is not enough IMO.
Dude he has a life time of being great as DM except for 3 years in Barca, you think he forgot it already? He was pretty much the best defensive player in last WC as a DM.

P.S Waiting for someone to complain about his age ;)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I wouldn't be surprised if we lose Morata, buy Berardi as replacement. But if all we end up with is Berardi and Mascherano, that's not a really good mercato.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)