Endless Summer Mercato 2016 (35 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 6, 2015
Disagree.
Marchisio,Busquets,Motta,Matic all have similar roles.Holding midfielders that anchor the midfield,distribute the ball and leave it to others to create play.
I dont fully understand the Italian term regista but if its English equivalent means deep lying playmaker,then Marchisio is not.
He is a holdiing midfielder to me primarily.Pogba has more claim of being playmaker than Marchisio.
Matic plays in a double pivot alright but he has genuine ball distributing skills.He was/is Chelsea's anchorman in mf.
Seems we have to keep on disagreeing on this as I again completely disagree with your post ;)

I'll stop using my opinions and instead turn to stats: Marchisio 63,5 passes per game, Pogba 47,9 passes per game. Marchsio is clearly a deep lying playmaker and the main playmaker in our team. Pogba's main job is to make things happen further up the pitch when Claudio is playing.

I agree Matic is a good enough passer but I wouldn't call him an anchorman as he likes to push forward even from the DM position compared to Marchisio who just sits and never gets forward when occupied as a regista.

Also from the list of players you mentioned Matic is the one that doesn't fit all the other three play very similar roles and even have similar playing styles.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Comparing Marchi to Pogba is silly. Its clear as water who is the most complete player. Thats doesnt mean MArchisio is not good enought, of course he is...but Pogba´s repertoire and offensive input is way above. Machisio as B2B never got near of pogbas level, remember whe called him a ghost?

Different players and different roles anyways.

Jun 6, 2015
Pogba is more of a playmaker as in creating chances then Marchisio obviously, and its not about roles because when Marchisio used to play offensively in previous years he didnt get closed to the creativity Pogba does now in similar role (not even half, because Marchisio was more about one twos and smart running into the box). Marchisio is more positionally and tactically astute and dictates from the back yes, keeps things smooth and moving but that doesnt make him a better playmaker, odd and very confused to think so.

Handful of creating Pogba does on regular basis that Marchisio doesnt do much of (has occasional sweet deep through balls, but most of these balls are made by Bonucci rather then Claudio).

You and your youtube videos :p

Now seriously speaking they are both playmakers in their own different ways but for me the main playmaker is always the one who has most of the ball and makes the most passes (makes the team tick so to speak).

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Seems we have to redefine the word playmaker now.
I thought the very essence of being a playmaker was creating chances for your team which Marchisio doesnt obviously.

Do you having passing stats of Motta and Verratti btw?

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002

Being a deep playing playmaker does not make you a better playmaker. Its just the role. Its that simple. Pogba is better obviously. I dont know why its impossible for some to appriciate the obvious quality of Marchisio without the unrealistic comparisons to Pogba like he is in same league in quality in most things?

Holding mid has most of the ball and Marchisio is adept at keeping things tidy and spreading the ball so he SHOULD have most passes made in the team, but it doesnt make you a primo playmaker or creator because of that role. His best assets are his smooth excellent technique, reading/covering and movement and high tactical intelligence. The better playmaker from deep is Bonucci for us. As in he can make penetrating and opening through balls from deep on dime, while Marchisio is more about the less challenging spreading of the ball and keeping the tempo up or down. Very good at it. But not the main creator or provider of opening passes, he plays his role conservatively and to his strengths, its not amongst his strengths to make opening passes that create chances. If its not enough to watch him weekly to realize this, watch the above clip and tell me in comparison, how many opening passes he makes that Pogba does alot?

- - - Updated - - -

but for me the main playmaker is always the one who has most of the ball and makes the most passes (makes the team tick so to speak).
This makes no sense.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
What are you talking about?!
Vidal last season wasnt bad at all... We got to the CL final and it wasnt because he played bad!

Dont care much about Kovacic but if Morata is the key to James then give them Morata...
We can go for other strikers maybe even get one who scores lots of goals

Just imagine how our team would look like with James and Cavani... James will win the golden ball if he signs for us! He is so wasted at Real!
Off topic. We have a Fantasy Thread now

- - - Updated - - -

The only problem Matic has is the fact he's strongly left footed. A player that plays in the middle needs to use both feet otherwise distribution of the ball won't be good enough. Other than that Matic is very good IMO.
@DAiDEViL @j0ker

Agree though. Cant have limited players on such an important role

Jun 6, 2015

Being a deep playing playmaker does not make you a better playmaker. Its that simple. Pogba is better obviously. I dont know why its impossible for some to appriciate the obvious quality of Marchisio without the unrealistic comparisons to Pogba like he is in same league in quality in most things? Holding mid has most ball and Marchisio is adept at keeping things tidy and spreading the ball, but it doesnt make you a primo playmaker or creator because of that role. His best assets are his smooth technique and movement and high tactical intelligence. The better playmaker from deep is Bonucci for us. As in he can make penetrating and opening through balls from deep, while Marchisio is more about the less challenging spreading of the ball and keeping the tempo up or down. Very good at it. But not the main creator or provider of opening passes.
Come on, using words like better obviously is just condescending we can have different views on things obviously. Pogba at the moment for me is the best midfielder in the world. I already explained what in my view makes a player a main playmaker in the side. It's not assists or hollywood balls it's controlling the game and managing the game.

- - - Updated - - -

This makes no sense.
Why not? For me it makes perfect sense.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I thought the very essence of being a playmaker was creating chances for your team which Marchisio doesnt obviously.

Motta has head and shoulders better passing accuracy stats then Verratti I think, I think in CL game they said Motta has the highest rate in whole of Europe. But the KIND of passes they are are the key here, tidy short keep possession passes. While Verratti who has lower accuracy is obviously THE brain and visionary playmaker of the team. Making more passes or more accurate ones doesnt make you the better playmaker per automatum. Just different roles and playing styles.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
And im not undermining how good Marchisio is but some here genuinely think he is the reincarnation of Pirlo just coz they play in the same position.
I repeat Marchisio is our holding midfielder who keeps the midfield ticking but a substantial part of our attacking play goes through Pogba hence has more claim of being a playmaker of the team.
Agree to disagree il brutto

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Playmaker is someone that is making your plays and is distributing the ball, as Marchisio does that for us that means hes our main playmaker. He starts most of our attacks and is the main ball distributor when he plays. Pogba plays more higher up and he helps in build up too, but hes a different type of player. Matic is definitely not a playmaker

Jun 6, 2015

Motta 94,4 passes per game
Verratti 82,2 passes per game

Crazy numbers for Motta by the way and they are even higher in the Champions league.

I think we've probably gone bit off the trail as there can be different kind of playmakers and it's just natural that some value other types more than others. There are the difference makers: Pogba, Özil and the likes then there are the Verratti, Iniesta and Modric types who don't really contribute in assists or goals and lastly the Busquet, Motta and Marchisio types who play deeper.

- - - Updated - - -

And im not undermining how good Marchisio is but some here genuinely think he is the reincarnation of Pirlo just coz they play in the same position.
I repeat Marchisio is our holding midfielder who keeps the midfield ticking but a substantial part of our attacking play goes through Pogba hence has more claim of being a playmaker of the team.
Agree to disagree il brutto
:tup: Of course. It all comes down to preference I guess. God I miss Pirlo.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Playmaker is someone that is making your plays and is distributing the ball, as Marchisio does that for us that means hes our main playmaker. He starts most of our attacks and is the main ball distributor when he plays. Pogba plays more higher up and he helps in build up too, but hes a different type of player. Matic is definitely not a playmaker
He helps in build up too? Like its a minor thing and they are equal in this aspect? He makes opening and splitting passes that creates chances alot. He litterally assists chances and goals like they are second nature to him. 16 and counting. Did it plenty last season too. Who do you want to have the ball to make something happen when things are stuck? The friggin best creator in the team. He has made amazing strides as a playmaker past two seasons, but cant even get the credit for it by couple of his own clubs fans :p

Jun 6, 2015
He helps in build up too? Like its a minor thing and they are equal in this aspect? He makes opening and splitting passes that creates chances alot. He litterally assists chances and goals like they are second nature to him. 16 and counting. Did it plenty last season too. Who do you want to have the ball to make something happen when things are stuck? The friggin best creator in the team. He has made amazing strides as a playmaker past two seasons, but cant even get the credit for it by couple of his own clubs fans :p
I'm giving him all the credit I can. I think you are a bit over protective over Pogba at times (same can maybe be said about me over Claudio). I have in no way taken anything away from Pogba in this conversation and I'm a big Pogba fanboy a proud one too (I don't dab though).

I think he just made his own record with 93 passes against Carpi. He has really taken more responsibility now with Marchisio missing.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
I meant he helps in buildup, like in starting our attacks from the back, but Marchisio is the main guy for this. Ofcourse its Pogba who creates most in the final 3rd, Marchisio on the other hand starts our attacks, he is the deepest player in our midfield so cant really make many key passes from there (hes no Pirlo obviously). I think what someone above said is true, people have different ways of describing a playmaker

Jan 5, 2007
20m for a decent/good midfielder who is a class above our current backups, has CL experience and is coming relatively cheap due to poor form?

How are people against Matic for 20m? Yes, he's no Marchisio. Marchisio is worth 40-45m. He's better than Sturaro, better than Asamoah, better than our recent youngster signings in midfield, better than Lemina. You find me a good midfielder at 20m who could rebound in form as high as Matic could. A year ago, we would've jumped through hoops of fire to get this guy for 30m. His form is on the low. Let's grab him, show him how Allegri does stuff and hrlp him return to last year's Matic.

This deal is a steal if true.
Cant agree more, its crazy how people can ignore how usefull this guy will be for us for 20m ( if its true ).
Ntm that he can play as CB also.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
Haha apologize.

The key point is that on the financial statements, there are accounts that show that Juventus should BE PAID ~40 million by other teams within the next 12 months, and that Juventus should PAY ~70 million to other teams in the next 12 months. The 70-40 = 30, is how much cash will go out the door in the next 12 months from previous transactions.

That 30 million should be then subtracted from the annual cash flow number, which yields about 65 million in annual free cash.

More clear?
Just a bit of sarcasm... Course I get It, finance is a big part of what I do, I was just teasing a bit, my bad :wink:

- - - Updated - - -

Matic for 20m is a gift... But I believe is pound what they were talking about... Nevertheless, There's just BS rumours

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
I think with this team we could challenge for the CL next season.

Buffon
Licht - Bonucci - Chiellini - Alex Sandro
Andre Gomes - Marchisio - Pogba
Isco
Dybala - Morata

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 29)