Endless Summer Mercato 2016 (11 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Can Moreno play as fullback though? And if yes, how good is he there? Im asking because we are restricted to 25 players next season so we really have to double check on our depth options. Caceres as 5th CB worked nicely because he could also rotate with Licht and even Evra in a 4 man defense. That gave us a lot of options and we were able to rotate more different players, and thats why our 5th CB should be someone who is around the same level or better than Rugani as CB while being atleast good enough to be ahead of Padoin in the pecking order as fullback...
He can play at LB, but I don't know how comfortable he is there. Maybe @adRHCP can tell us.

I agree, versatility will be important. And Evra has been pretty bad lately. Was very solid before. Think age has really caught up with him now. He didn't do well vs Empoli either. I wouldn't lose sleep if his contract doesn't get extended.

Buy on AliExpress.com

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
lol yeah, and imagine if we added Hector Herrera to the mix. :D

But I want us to sign someone better for RCM.

Because HH is good but not as good as you think he is. :D Just to compare, Andre Gomes is better.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd be hugely disappointed if we sign a boring, half-decent RB like Widmer. If we sign a RB (guess we have to with Caceres gone), it should be either a good investment for a top player like Alex Sandro or someone younger, cheaper with great potential.
I wouldn't mind Widmer or Vrsaljko if we are gonna keep Cuadrado. He should be our starting WB along with AlexSandro with Licht as his sub. He can't play RB though and Licht wont stay here much longer so having his replacement a season or two earlier would help. Since Cuadrado has another 4-5 years left in him, Widmer would mostly be his sub while giving us the option to go 4 at the back when we want. If Juan leaves then id expect a great young attacking fullback instead, even if more expensive

- - - Updated - - -

He can play at LB, but I don't know how comfortable he is there. Maybe @adRHCP can tell us.

I agree, versatility will be important. And Evra has been pretty bad lately. Was very solid before. Think age has really caught up with him now. He didn't do well vs Empoli either. I wouldn't lose sleep if his contract doesn't get extended.
I don't think it will. We extended Barzaglis contract already and the season is ending soon. Think he and Caceres are gone

- - - Updated - - -

Also, @DutchJuventino, do you watch PSV games often? Whats your opinion on Moreno?

DutchJuventino

Apr 9, 2015
Also, @DutchJuventino, do you watch PSV games often? Whats your opinion on Moreno?
I only watch the Champions League matches and i watch the highlights every week. He is a good expierenced defender, the best in the Eredivisie. He can be a good 4/5th centerback for us, but he is miles away from our starting trio. The big con is that PSV don't need the money and Moreno was a 'lucky strike' (low cost and expierence). PSV will ask 10-15 million and I think you can get cb's with the same quality for a lower price in other competions.

adRHCP

Nov 7, 2012
lol yeah, and imagine if we added Hector Herrera to the mix. :D

But I want us to sign someone better for RCM.
Juventus would be the new bandwagon team :D Herrera is great when he's in form IMO, but he's very inconsistent

Can Moreno play as fullback though? And if yes, how good is he there? Im asking because we are restricted to 25 players next season so we really have to double check on our depth options. Caceres as 5th CB worked nicely because he could also rotate with Licht and even Evra in a 4 man defense. That gave us a lot of options and we were able to rotate more different players, and thats why our 5th CB should be someone who is around the same level or better than Rugani as CB while being atleast good enough to be ahead of Padoin in the pecking order as fullback...

He can play at LB but I don't think he'd be good enough for us, maybe if its an emergency like Chiellini has done before, but I wouldn't count on him to play LB on a regular basis, he's much more comfortable playing CB /LCB.

I only watch the Champions League matches and i watch the highlights every week. He is a good expierenced defender, the best in the Eredivisie. He can be a good 4/5th centerback for us, but he is miles away from our starting trio. The big con is that PSV don't need the money and Moreno was a 'lucky strike' (low cost and expierence). PSV will ask 10-15 million and I think you can get cb's with the same quality for a lower price in other competions.
:agree: also, he's already as old as Bonucci, I'd prefer to add someone around 24-26yo and has bigger potential than Moreno does.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
10-12m is fine. 15m might be too much.

Juventus would be the new bandwagon team :D Herrera is great when he's in form IMO, but he's very inconsistent
I like his tenacity. Overall, good but technically not good enough.

:agree: also, he's already as old as Bonucci, I'd prefer to add someone around 24-26yo and has bigger potential than Moreno does.
Problem is players like that usually don't want to be 5th choice in the pecking order. They want to play in order to realize their potential and farther their career.

Jun 6, 2015
I don't know what this signing a 5th choice cb really even means.

We are going to sign a cb who will challenge for the spot in the starting lineup. All professional football players are competitive and no one will come here with the idea of being 5th choice. Whoever we sign will think he's good enough to challenge for a spot just like Zaza did or Rugani did.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
I don't know what this signing a 5th choice cb really even means.

We are going to sign a cb who will challenge for the spot in the starting lineup. All professional football players are competitive and no one will come here with the idea of being 5th choice. Whoever we sign will think he's good enough to challenge for a spot just like Zaza did or Rugani did.
You're forgetting the reserve Padoin, the 5th-choice Bendtner/Anelka, our third GK, etc.

Rugani didn't sign expecting to be a starter. He signed expecting to be the 4th option according to his agent.

The new CB will get more playing time than someone like Padoin does but will get less playing time than Rugani. Both Rugani and the new CB will have to understand that before the signing. Otherwise, neither of them will be too happy.

Players are always competing to do better, to get more playing time, and/or to farther or to not sink in their careers, but they also have their roles in the squad. Peluso and Ogbonna didn't compete for a spot in the starting lineup. They had a different role and competed for other things.

Jun 6, 2015
You're forgetting the reserve Padoin, the 5th-choice Bendtner/Anelka, our third GK, etc.

Rugani didn't sign expecting to be a starter. He signed expecting to be the 4th option according to his agent.

The new CB will get more playing time than someone like Padoin does but will get less playing time than Rugani. Both Rugani and the new CB will have to understand that before the signing. Otherwise, neither of them will be too happy.

Players are always competing to do better, to get more playing time, and/or to farther or to not sink in their careers, but they also have their roles in the squad. Peluso and Ogbonna didn't compete for a spot in the starting lineup. They had a different role and competed for other things.
Rugani definetly signed to be a starter not immediately maybe but he has complete trust in his skill set to be a starter no doubt.

Bendtner/Anelka both came here with the mind set of becoming starters it's not like either of them lack self belief. Padoin is different he knows he will never be a starter and is fine with it same goes to Rubinho.

Both Peluso and Ogbonna also came here with the mindset of making it into the starting eleven they just didn't make it and moved on.

adRHCP

Nov 7, 2012
I like his tenacity. Overall, good but technically not good enough.

Problem is players like that usually don't want to be 5th choice in the pecking order. They want to play in order to realize their potential and farther their career.
He's a good player, I like him really, there are not too many quality CB in Mexico nowadays, and he along with Diego Reyes (Real Sociedad) are our 'decent' options.

Yeah I get it, but there's an opportunity of learning from Barzagli, Bonucci, Chiellini and taking over from them when the day comes, kinda like what Rugani's doing now. Barzagli is 34 and Chiellini 31.

He'd be good, italian, young... I like it

Jun 6, 2015
Maybe we should consider some of these Portuguese talents as our AM. Rafa Silva and Joao Mario are both doing really well this season and you'd imagine they could be attainable.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
according to today's tuttosport:
- evra will extend his contract, he'll stay for an other year and 2,5m €
- caceres wants to stay, the club said 'no' ( :frown: @Fr3sh )
- cuadrado will return to chelsea

evra will make a good backup to alex sandro. i'd like to have a healthy caceres in the squad, we could use mr. versatility for 20-30 matches a year. too bad for his recent injury record. signing cuadrado despite conte's love for him should be a priority for beppe.

Jul 1, 2010

evra will make a good backup to alex sandro. i'd like to have a healthy caceres in the squad, we could use mr. versatility for 20-30 matches a year. too bad for his recent injury record. signing cuadrado despite conte's love for him should be a priority for beppe.
We're definitely buying Berardi if that's the case.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015

Sounds reasonable..I would line to keep Cuadrado but I don't wanna pay too much for him...

Next time, fix price in a loan with an option to buy like BM does

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
let's buy Giaccherini so we can straight swap him with Cuadrado.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd be hugely disappointed if we sign a boring, half-decent RB like Widmer. If we sign a RB (guess we have to with Caceres gone), it should be either a good investment for a top player like Alex Sandro or someone younger, cheaper with great potential.
I'd be hugely disappointed if we sign a boring, half-decent RB like Vrsaljko. If we sign a RB (guess we have to with Caceres gone), it should be either a good investment for a top player like Alex Sandro or someone younger, cheaper with great potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)