End of Spending Era? (1 Viewer)

Boudz

Mercato Tourist
Aug 1, 2002
Could the deaths of the Agnellis be the end of spending for the club. The Agnelli brothers were big fans of the club and did not hesitate when it came to spending. Maybe the new president is running the club like a business?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Juve has always been run as a business. Only times we spend big is when we sell big, and thats how it's going to stay.

Monkfish

Jun 14, 2003
It wasn't always like that. In the 80's and 90's the Agnelli's spent big without huge sales, Baggio, Vialli etc were all bought for huge sums without anywhere near as much being brought into the club through sales etc.

It's only been the last 10 years or so where Juve has really had to manage the financial position to ensure stability, this perhaps coincides with the decline in Fiat's sales.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
Fiat's sale did decline in the 90s as a result of increased competition in Europe. However, it did also have series of bump years in mid 90s and even in those years we were fiscally responsible, hence I think end of spending era is more to do with arrival of Moggi and consequent change of policy more than anything else. Beside, Juve is a PLO, which means that as long as investment is viable and worthwile, it will be reflected in the share prices regardless of the amount of transfer fee. More issues can be raised in the process to finance our spendning, which does not necessarily require Agnelli's money.
To conclude our prudence in finance is more to do with risk-averse style of management than the lack of money on the part of Agnelli's.

Edge

Jun 14, 2004
You are right about how Juve is managed, just like a old lady, we are tight :)
I think there has be a balance between risk-averse and results on the pitch, its no good having good few million sitting in the bank, when the team is playing crap and in need of investment.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Edge ] ++
just like a old lady, we are tight :)
Ermm I was gonna write something, but decided that this is not the time for dirty jokes

juvefc_robin

Jun 15, 2003
I agree with stripper. Why didn't Juve offer a new contract to Conte. That guy is about 12 years with Juve and Juve let him go. You can't do that. Also they give in every deal Brighi and Blasi away. Give them a chance. Blasi is IMO very good at Parma and decerves a chance. Maresca, one of the best players of Juve last year, they want to give him and money for Emerson. Why???? Emerson is 33, Maresca is the future. Another thing that I don't understand is that hey going to trade Di Viao for Cannavaro. I love Cannavaro and I would be very happy if he comes, but why Di Viao? He is a great striker. Why they not giving money to Inter for Cannavaro? Oddo, a great player, and Lazio wants 5 million. No, Juve don't wanna give 5 million, they give Birindelli and some money for him. WTF???? Give Lazio 7 million, fvck that. Birindelli is great, and as long he wants to sit on the bench, Juve must do that. I think they are very greedy for a club which is the 2nd rich club in the world.

utarlok

May 25, 2004
Don't say ..We didn't spend big ......the problem is Moggi is pouring the money to GEA and his Pocket.

Just like last summer , We spend 40M[30M is cash], for whom ? Half Camoranesi+ Half Maresca + Appiah + Legro + the Transfer fee we owe Parma in Di viao...

the year before that ... Blasi is more than 10M, Olivera is about 7M, Di viao is 26M,

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Di Vaio was 21 mil € total, not 26, and I really doubt Blasi and Olivera were priced 10 and 7 mil € respectivly. Blasi was around 4 or 5 IIRC when he joined us from Perugia two years ago (he spent a year in perugia on loan and a year in Parma on loan), and Olivera was around 2 AFAIK.

P.S. Emerson is 28, not 33.

utarlok

May 25, 2004
Salas is money .....Brighi is money .sculli is money ...

and now ...Chiellini is 3M + half sculli . and the price of Mexes,

is almost the same ....

actually , We spend much and get little

utarlok

May 25, 2004
but Last year ...we spend 30M cash[ plus players ==about 40M]

is true figure .....the top in expense in Series A ...

I have no doubt.....

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Thats not completely true. We sold Zizou to real for some 65 mil €, Inzaghi to Milan for 30 mil €, Van der Saar to Fulham for 7 or 8 mil...

utarlok

May 25, 2004
what Moggi is doing ? ? continuous bargaining and

tricking .....without any sincerity...

which club likes to have deal with such that buyer? ? ?

utarlok

May 25, 2004
he is Mean ..and hurt his rivals [ inter , roma] too much..

actaully there is much source ...in Inter , or Roma...but...they reject to talk with Moggi now ....

utarlok

May 25, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
Thats not completely true. We sold Zizou to real for some 65 mil €, Inzaghi to Milan for 30 mil €, Van der Saar to Fulham for 7 or 8 mil...
But ..we spend ..28M in Thuram.....44M in Buffon , about 22M in Nedved...

and .......Salas , even ..Biaocco[ don't know how to spell] ,r not cheap!!

Mar 14, 2004
++ [ originally posted by juvefc_robin ] ++
I agree with stripper. Why didn't Juve offer a new contract to Conte. That guy is about 12 years with Juve and Juve let him go. You can't do that. Also they give in every deal Brighi and Blasi away. Give them a chance. Blasi is IMO very good at Parma and decerves a chance. Maresca, one of the best players of Juve last year, they want to give him and money for Emerson. Why???? Emerson is 33 , Maresca is the future. Another thing that I don't understand is that hey going to trade Di Viao for Cannavaro. I love Cannavaro and I would be very happy if he comes, but why Di Viao? He is a great striker. Why they not giving money to Inter for Cannavaro? Oddo, a great player, and Lazio wants 5 million. No, Juve don't wanna give 5 million, they give Birindelli and some money for him. WTF???? Give Lazio 7 million, fvck that. Birindelli is great, and as long he wants to sit on the bench, Juve must do that. I think they are very greedy for a club which is the 2nd rich club in the world.
WTF???? Man your not allowed to do any discussion related to Juve midield any more.....MAN....YOU MISSED WHOLE FUK... 6 YEARS!!!!! :LOL:

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
++ [ originally posted by utarlok ] ++

But ..we spend ..28M in Thuram.....44M in Buffon , about 22M in Nedved...

and .......Salas , even ..Biaocco[ don't know how to spell] ,r not cheap!!
Thuram 33 mil + Buffon 45 mil + Salas 30 mil + Nedved 35 mil = 143 mil €

Zizou 65 mil + Inzaghi 30 mil € + VDS 7 mil € = 102 mil €

Roughly.

Mar 14, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
Thuram 33 mil + Buffon 45 mil + Salas 30 mil + Nedved 35 mil = 143 mil €
Zizou 65 mil + Inzaghi 30 mil € + VDS 7 mil € = 102 mil €
Roughly.
Nice sums...It was a good time....and when I remember that here where I live...all thansfers were in DM(Deutsche mark) value(multiply € by 2).....Zizou was sold for 150mil DM and Buffon was bought for 100mil DM..............dammn....fukk you mr.€ :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)