Emre regrets Milan snub (9 Viewers)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Well, on the skills alone, normally I'd say he's bench material for us. Certainly beats Appiah and maybe even Tacchi.

But these days, with question marks around Nedved's health and Blasi's performance in big games and all, I'm not so sure he couldn't start for us on occasion.

But for a player to be that open to badmouth his current club? I'm not sure we need that kind of player maturity/wisdom (or lack thereof)...

Buy on AliExpress.com
Dec 26, 2004
++ [ originally posted by chxta ] ++
Emre Belozoglu has said he made a mistake when he chose to sign for Inter and not city rivals Milan.

"The Rossoneri contacted me when I decided to move to Italy but I picked Inter instead," he told Turkish newspaper Vatan.

"Inter are now a side with no future. They will never be as good as Milan."

The pint-sized midfielder arrived at the San Siro in 2001 from Galatasaray, catching the attention of the planet a year later when he helped Turkey finish third at the World Cup.

But he is now part of an Inter side that is overloaded with midfield talent and struggles to play regularly in the starting XI.

"Boss Roberto Mancini has his own ideas," added Emre. "He’s told me I’m a good player but that he knows what side he wants to pick.

"I understand that but I didn’t think he would be so rigid or unwilling to change. He just picks the same players all of the time."

Emre’s controversial outburst comes just days after he publicly revealed that he was looking for a summer exit.

"I am leaving," he again underlined. "I have understood that Inter will never win anything whereas if I was at Milan, I would have already won the Champions’ League and Lo Scudetto."

The two teams ironically meet in the quarter-finals of this season’s European Cup next month.

Emre, still just 24, is likely to leave Italy at the end of the season, with reported interest from a number of Spanish and English clubs.

What an outburst! Is it frustration or what?

Good for him he notice this before it is too late...
If ya r a proffesional player lookin to win trophies then Inter is the last place in world ya wanna go to, it is even recommended not to follow those losers on TV....

OP
Chxta

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
  • Thread Starter #26
    Emre has apologised to Internazionale after an interview made while on international duty with Turkey was taken out of context.

The 24-year-old reportedly stated he regretted joining the Nerazzurri and wished instead he had made the move to fierce rivals Milan.

"I made a big mistake choosing Inter and not Milan," he was quoted as saying to Vatan. "I had an offer from the Rossoneri when I decided to go to Italy.

"Now I must realise I made a big mistake because Inter are a team without a future and they will never be able to play to Milan's level."

However, Emre has revealed the interview was twisted and that he has evidence to prove he made no derogatory remarks against the club.

"I'm really sorry to have started this problem," explained Emre.

"In the translation from Turkish to Italian from my short interview I did at my national team's headquarters my quotes were changed.

That was some quick backtracking... Now he's finished. :eek:

"I didn't want to offend Inter, their supporters, the coach and my team-mates. When I'm back in Italy I'll produce the documents proving I've not said anything against them."

Inter have made no decision as yet whether to discipline the player, who has previously stated he will be leaving the club come the end of the season.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
    He is already finished for making such crude remarks.

Anyway he wants to leave Inter + Italian football. Too bad he went to Inter, where his talent is wasted. Should have looked at how many players suffered in Inter and played well in other clubs,

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
    He's certainly a very good player,good enough for the bench and an occasional start at Juve.I wouldn't exactly consider it treason since he's speaking out against a club that has certainly undermined his talent.He was destined for greater things,but the years and Inter's massive signings have grossly put his talents to waste.

While not neccesarily good enough to be a first teamer,he could certainly take the place of Tacch or Appiah.In any case,we could use someone of his calibre to increase our squad depth if we're ever to compare with Milan's bench.

Cronios

Juventolog
    Jun 7, 2004
    another player (hagi wonna be) destroyed in inter,
    when they gonna learn not trust this team?
    he is just a merc, he left turkey for money and fame, he made a wong choice choosing inter and now blames mancini,
    we really dont need such a player,
    he sould be good only for roma,
    whats the matter with u people?
    u want this problematic caracter in our side?
    u think that sitting on juve bench will make him more happy than sitting in inters bench?
    or are u ready to trust juves luck in his legs?
    think again,
    let him be other teams problem

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Cronios ] ++
    another player (hagi wonna be) destroyed in inter,
    when they gonna learn not trust this team?
    he is just a merc, he left turkey for money and fame , he made a wong choice choosing inter and now blames mancini,
    we really dont need such a player ,
    he sould be good only for roma,
    whats the matter with u people?
    u want this problematic caracter in our side?
    u think that sitting on juve bench will make him more happy than sitting in inters bench?
    or are u ready to trust juves luck in his legs?
    think again,
    let him be other teams problem

++ [ originally posted by ZhiXin ] ++
    He is already finished for making such crude remarks. Who doesn't want to be rich and famous? U should cherish the chance when ur given the oppotunity to do so. He has the right to do that. And with such talents he should be developing in 1 of the top 3 European leagues, but it is a pity that he chose Inter though.

Anyway he wants to leave Inter + Italian football . Too bad he went to Inter, where his talent is wasted. Should have looked at how many players suffered in Inter and played well in other clubs,

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
    Oct 27, 2004
    Emre is another player that Inter is destroying. Just look at Davids at Juventus/Barca = Fenomena. I'm sure that Emre would fit in Juventus right in. Sell Appiah and buy Emre. He would be really good with Emerson. A powerful player who gives his all. imagine: Nedved - Emre - Emerson - Camoranesi, 3 of them are powerhouses.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)