Emre Can (5 Viewers)

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Have to be realistic here...it's a long season...Khedira is constantly being used and it's a matter of time before be gets injured. Sarri isn't really rotating midfield that much...I think Can will get chances.

I'm really disappointed he hasn't had his chances. The benched midfielders are better than 2 of the 3 starters.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Have to be realistic here...it's a long season...Khedira is constantly being used and it's a matter of time before be gets injured. Sarri isn't really rotating midfield that much...I think Can will get chances.

I'm really disappointed he hasn't had his chances. The benched midfielders are better than 2 of the 3 starters.
Can and Khedira are entirely different players so Khedira getting injured doesnt mean Can would be his replacement. Can looked decent at beginning here but after a while his limitations became apparent and has nowhere the same impact as Khedira. Id sell asap. And I like the guy.

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
I think I wrote some time ago that I believed his preferred role was sitting behind midfield in a sort of regista role. I prefer him somewhere around there as a holding midfielder (along a creative midfielder) but preferably as a B2B. My first question is, what is his preferred role? Am I recalling things right?

Second question: I still think he's a bit clumsy, more often than I would like he is unable to win the ball back and instead chugs 'em down. So his recycling isn't great. He's versatile but I am no longer sure what his strengths are; i.e Q3: What are his strengths?

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
his 20 minutes in numbers:
- 100% pass accuracy
- won 5 of 7 duels
- drew 2 fouls
- 2 tackles, 1 interception, 1 dribble
- lost possession 0 times

not bad for a clearly unhappy player. i'm all for plusvalenzaing his ass asap, but in the mean time, i'm happy to see him doing the dirty job like he did yesterday. good cameo.

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
Until Rabiot steps up we should keep Can, he's versatile and is a good all rounder. Berna should be sacrificed ahead of Can. Also, Khedira and Matuidi are old and Can is the natural replacement.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Can is kind of jack of all trade Defensive Midfield, kinda like Tacchinardi. Having a player like him in squad is ok, but not for 9.3M gross salary, so if we can find someone to pay even 25M for him, we should sell asap.
Come on now! That was very sloppy, what is it that he does not have that Tacchinardi has?

Mar 3, 2014
I understand he's bummed, but ultimately the team is stacked with CM depth. The best thing he can do is train well and compete. Sarri went for the players who adapted best to his system in the early days - clearly. They tend to be more experienced ones. Can if he trains well offers clear physical and technical benefits over a player like Khedira. If he is mentally capable of learning how to play how Sarri wants him and applies himself in training, he could see himself easily back in the UCL roster.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)