Emre Can (20 Viewers)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
IMO its because we couldn't sell certain players which led to having to reshuffle how we select the CL list. Didn't selling Kean mean losing a space or two in the CL list because we were down a required Italian/Home Grown/Youth?
Keeping Kean wouldn't have opened up another spot.

Yes Paratici failed to sell players who should've left but it's Sarri who chose the squad list. I can't imagine that Paratici or Nedved would've told Can he was going to be in the CL squad without consulting Sarri first. Sarri must have changed his mind. The whole thing is a mess.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, almost the same. With the only difference being, one was a scandalous suggestion to a victim of racism and the second is supproting your club in light of unprofessional statements of a player that are harming the club
Juve were unprofessional here, not Emre Can.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I feel bad for Emre. Shitty situation for sure. If it was Sarri that made the last second decision after the board reassured him if you;re nedved/agnelli, what kind of conversation do you even have with Sarri?

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Gigli talking how to run Juve . The same guy that was too afraid to defend Juve from the Calciopoli now pretends to be tough. Get lost.

As for Can, it was obvious that somebody was going to be left out. I admire his self confidence that he assumed it definitely won't be him but reality turned out to be different. Apparently the decision whom to leave out was 100% on Sarri according to Italian media. Even the last week could have changed coach opinion, maybe even the Napoli game alone.

In the end what matters is Juve going into the next round, not Emre happiness. Maybe he can hire Wanda as his manager and sue us for mistreatment lol. Or he can stfu and prove his place for the knockouts.

Wysłane z mojego FRD-L09 przy użyciu Tapatalka
2 remarks:
1. as you said emre can should only thank himself for being excluded. he had a shit match against napoli, he contributed to nothing. khedira was miles superior to him.
2. that being said: if the club promised him to be included on the cl list, and the coach decided otherwise, that's a huge, impermissible communication mistake within the organization, and as a human being, emre can has every reason to be pissed, regardless of the decision being fair or not.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Chelsea fans used to say that Sarri doesn't explain his decisions to exclude some players from playing and that it caused frictions. Well same thing here really
if chelsea fans knew, how come paratici and nedved didn't? if they knew, why didn't they prepare the club for it?

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
probably old but

Emre Can 'angry & upset' with Juve

By Football Italia staff

Emre Can says he is ‘angry and upset’ with Juventus after his Champions League exclusion, accusing them of broken promises.

Emre Can was left out of Juve’s squad for the Champions League group stage, alongside Mario Mandzukic and the injured Giorgio Chiellini.

It comes despite the midfielder only arriving from Liverpool last summer and being a key player under Maurizio Sarri’s predecessor Max Allegri.

“I was extremely shocked,” he told Bild.

“Our conversation lasted only a minute and I wasn’t given a reason. It makes me angry and upset.

“I’ll draw my own conclusions and talk to the club after I return [from international duty].

“I was told and promised something else by the club last week. PSG came in for me, but I decided to stay with Juve.

“The condition was that I’d be in the Champions League.”
Wait so he's claiming that PSG actually were interested in him and it was the club that made him promises to get him to stay. Weren't we desperate to sell because , you know, the very thing he is mad about? CL registration...

He is hardly a key player or even a player who has ever had a good run of form for Juve.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Wait so he's claiming that PSG actually were interested in him and it was the club that made him promises to get him to stay. Weren't we desperate to sell because , you know, the very thing he is mad about? CL registration...

He is hardly a key player or even a player who has ever had a good run of form for Juve.
Well he won't have a good run with us now that he isn't helping the club in the CL :lol:

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
2 remarks:
1. as you said emre can should only thank himself for being excluded. he had a shit match against napoli, he contributed to nothing. khedira was miles superior to him.
2. that being said: if the club promised him to be included on the cl list, and the coach decided otherwise, that's a huge, impermissible communication mistake within the organization, and as a human being, emre can has every reason to be pissed, regardless of the decision being fair or not.
Hard to comment on the second thing. What does it mean the club promised him to be on the CL list? Is it Paratici responsible for Juve performance or Sarri? If the latter then he could have changed his mind even solely on the Napoli game. Some could disagree but Juve is not some paid vacation where you are to be entertained. It was decided that others will benefit the club more than him so he's out, clear as it can be.

Epic

Jan 7, 2013
Keeping Kean wouldn't have opened up another spot.

Yes Paratici failed to sell players who should've left but it's Sarri who chose the squad list. I can't imagine that Paratici or Nedved would've told Can he was going to be in the CL squad without consulting Sarri first. Sarri must have changed his mind. The whole thing is a mess.

- - - Updated - - -

Juve were unprofessional here, not Emre Can.
You would be right, if Can was telling the truth. Given the circumstances, it would be very naive to believe him though.

I can hardly imagine, that we told Can to reject offers, while we were desperate to offload players. The fact that Sarri doesnt rate him was pretty clear from preseason games.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Lol, fuck him. He has been poor every time he has played. Slow with the ball and slow brain
Simply not true. Was our best midfielder last season along with Bentancur.

You would be right, if Can was telling the truth. Given the circumstances, it would be very naive to believe him though.

I can hardly imagine, that we told Can to reject offers, while we were desperate to offload players. The fact that Sarri doesnt rate him was pretty clear from preseason games.
Naive to believe him given the way the club has treated players in recent years? I don't think so.

fredrik

Aug 7, 2011
And Matuidi? cuz for a second I thought you were talking about him since its a nice summary of most of his time here.
Matuidi is much more useful than can. He can run and be a useful sub when protection is needed. Can has done absolutly nothing since coming here. He has 0 uses for this team, and is good at nothing

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Matuidi is much more useful than can. He can run and be a useful sub when protection is needed. Can has done absolutly nothing since coming here. He has 0 uses for this team, and is good at nothing
So what you're saying is that Matuidi is good at running? That's it? I'd rather have Can because he can play multiple positions whereas the limited Matuidi is limited to CML where his limited contribution limits the team.

fredrik

Aug 7, 2011
So what you're saying is that Matuidi is good at running? That's it? I'd rather have Can because he can play multiple positions whereas the limited Matuidi is limited to CML where his limited contribution limits the team.
Yeah, imo its better to have matuidis tireless running and expertise there than can who is average at everything, and too slow and cubersome

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)