Emre Can (14 Viewers)

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
but did he play as a CB i don't understand he was getting orders not to go forward and go to certain point and stop. and was so close to bonucci and pjanic.
He basically played as a second deep lying playmaker next to pjanic at times.That's why we saw pjanic bombing forward .
In defence he became a rcb and coverd for cancelo , so he can push up.In the end he ended as a rb with the spinazzola sub and juve in the most adventurous setup looked like they were playing 2 1 4 3.
A great performance by him. Also if you look at our first goal you can clearly see him showing cancelo were to position himself,to receive his pass, like a true playmaker .

Buy on AliExpress.com
Last edited:

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
My opinion on Can the CM hasn't changed, his skillset is underwhelming. Can the RDM/RCB though is a different story, cause the position requires other traits. Good if he finds a new home in that hybrid position.

B3N

Floro Fckin' Flores
May 16, 2010
Very simple role (on paper), but absolutely fundamental. He was the deep-lying playmaker, often coming in between Bonucci and Chiellini to pick up the ball. This essentially made our formation a 352 in the build-up which allowed Cancelo and Spina to push higher on the pitch in possession. Allegri could have opted for Caceres instead, pushing Bonucci more in the Can role, but this would have been a lot more defensive.

This seems to be his ideal position. He is very aggressive in defense but too slow going forward, and should not be given the b2b role anymore.
:agree:
If we went with Caceres, then atelti woulda started with 2nd reported prematch lineup, Simeone matching our 3atb.

This was genius Max the dacdical god.

amir3323

Jul 31, 2014
By far his performance in a Juve shirt. Having him as a semi-3rd central defender to keep a clean sheet was brilliant by Allegri. Whether he can keep this up is a huge factor as to far we go in CL.

HAZEM

L'architetto
Apr 22, 2008
Can is always been an excellent player - not sure why this performance came as a surprise. As long he can remain fit, he is all it takes to be pivotal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
he played like shit as an CM most of the times he played. how excellent ? liverpool fans will relate to this story also. he is not a good CM for teams like juve. but if he get more as a defender he can serve us for this tactics.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Probably because he's been below average to average throughout this season.
exactly. as a regista against lazio, he was such a liability that allegri had to swap him and bentancur at halftime to have some form of midfield stability. as a mezzala, when he tried to go forward, he usually misplaced simple passes, overcomplicated easy runs, screwed up dribbles. he often looked like a drunk, luxury sturaro. or rather like felipe melo: usually a liability with the ball at his feet.

yesterday allegri probably told him to keep it simple and do what can really can do: move a lot without the ball, attempt simple passes, do not try to dribble (only 2 failed dribble attempts, that's probably the lowest he ever registered here), use his physique to bully rodri and morata as much as he can, and protect bonucci from getting into duels. i would like him to tackle more, he's a decent dm, still, he did the job completely fine. and he can thank allegri for that. max was the mastermind behind both can's and berna's great impact yesterday. anyway, it was an intelligent and confident defensive and passing display by can.

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
I was skeptical to Can's arrival and I still believe a midfield with him and e.g. Matuidi becomes too static and uncreative. Nevertheless, his performances of late do need recognition and I can start acknowledging his value. Allegri's tactical disposition as @JuvePerSempre10 and @kappa96 describes was just brilliant but Can's performance was superb. I still think he is a downgrade in comparison to Vidal, a bit too slow, less technical etcetera etcetera but more tactically smart perhaps (hence more versatile).

@Juve FC he played a bit everywhere the times I saw him. I think I saw him play everything from CB to CM to IIRC full back in one game. My impression was that he was best used as B2B but seemed to prefer being in Pjanic's role. I think I'm wrong but that's as far as I can tell. Someone more knowledgeable can correct me. :)

Clamarc

Sep 26, 2018
Can definitely not suited as B2B, he's bit too slow which can cause trouble when he has to track back leaving our DF line exposed and lacking technical ability like Pogba or Vidal (tho Vidal never really fast either but he was very good at tackling opponent from behind). He should be the deepest midfielder whose job is to simply protecting DF line by stealing or clearing the ball from opposition. This should allow Pjanic to move higher up the pitch where he looked more dangerous last night.
IMO regista shouldn't exist anymore since none of Juve current midfielder can play well as regista. I don't think Pjanic is really suited to regista role since his composure, first touch and long pass isn't that great. He lacks awareness too, seems he needs to look where his teammate is before passing the ball. Pirlo and Marchisio was great as regista cause they always calm even when they got pressed hard, they read the game very well and their awareness of teammates position was top notch

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Can definitely not suited as B2B, he's bit too slow which can cause trouble when he has to track back leaving our DF line exposed and lacking technical ability like Pogba or Vidal (tho Vidal never really fast either but he was very good at tackling opponent from behind). He should be the deepest midfielder whose job is to simply protecting DF line by stealing or clearing the ball from opposition. This should allow Pjanic to move higher up the pitch where he looked more dangerous last night.
IMO regista shouldn't exist anymore since none of Juve current midfielder can play well as regista. I don't think Pjanic is really suited to regista role since his composure, first touch and long pass isn't that great. He lacks awareness too, seems he needs to look where his teammate is before passing the ball. Pirlo and Marchisio was great as regista cause they always calm even when they got pressed hard, they read the game very well and their awareness of teammates position was top notch
Agree 100%

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)