Emre Can (33 Viewers)

HAZEM

L'architetto
Apr 22, 2008
Comparing him to Khedira lol. When you run into Can you fall down and he takes the ball.
he played as a defender its a different story. he is physically strong but not good midfielder as he is slow. he did great helping the defense i felt that he is a CB most of the game.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
he played as a defender its a different story. he is physically strong but not good midfielder as he is slow. he did great helping the defense i felt that he is a CB most of the game.
Ya I just find it funny he is compared to Khedira when to me he is almost the opposite.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Fuck it. It's time to go back to a back 3 isn't it :lol:

Bonucci looks better. Can looked way more useful. Most of our full backs are better with less defensive duties. Way different from the 3-5-2 that was at times a shit show.

HAZEM

L'architetto
Apr 22, 2008
but did he play as a CB i don't understand he was getting orders not to go forward and go to certain point and stop. and was so close to bonucci and pjanic.

Oct 23, 2011
Very simple role (on paper), but absolutely fundamental. He was the deep-lying playmaker, often coming in between Bonucci and Chiellini to pick up the ball. This essentially made our formation a 352 in the build-up which allowed Cancelo and Spina to push higher on the pitch in possession. Allegri could have opted for Caceres instead, pushing Bonucci more in the Can role, but this would have been a lot more defensive.

This seems to be his ideal position. He is very aggressive in defense but too slow going forward, and should not be given the b2b role anymore.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
So he is a terrible midfielder but a great defender? He stopped everything and then had some of the clumsiest touches and turns ever out there. Which was fine in this role cause he just passed to Bonucci, Cancelo and Pjanic.

Welcome New Barzagli, may you always play this role.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 32)